Value of: Backlund

Bond

May 10, 2012
Peters floated that Lindholm may be playing center full time next year.
That means either Monahan is pushed off centre or Backlund is pushed down to the third line.

What kind of center or RW is available for Backlund?

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
That means either Monahan is pushed off centre or Backlund is pushed down to the third line.

Even if Monahan is pushed down, I still really want to keep Backlund. I hope Monahan is traded for a RWer or defenseman and Brodie for one or the other.

Bond

May 10, 2012
Even if Monahan is pushed down, I still really want to keep Backlund. I hope Monahan is traded for a RWer or defenseman and Brodie for one or the other.

Eh, I think Backlund was crappy in the playoffs and don't think we would hurt that much by trading him. Much rather trade Backlund than Monahan.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
After trading Backlund, we’d be looking for a center like Backlund.

If a center were to be traded, it’d probably be Jankowski. He’s younger and would probably fetch a decent return from a team looking for a young 3C.

Bond

May 10, 2012
After trading Backlund, we’d be looking for a center like Backlund.

If a center were to be traded, it’d probably be Jankowski. He’s younger and would probably fetch a decent return from a team looking for a young 3C.

Would be a leap of faith that Lindholm becomes the new Backlund.
I think Jankowski will be gone as well unless there is good value for Backlund.

Reactions: DominikBokkFan

treple13

Sep 1, 2013
No way should the Flames be traded Backlund. We need more Backlunds and not less.

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
Backlund is a crucial piece to us contending. If he is our 3C behind Mony and Lindy then we are good. Trade Brodie and Jankowski for a RW.
I think it probably has more to do with cap space, than the player. Backlund probably struggles to get 40 points, in a third line role and paying him $5.3 million, isn’t ideal. Especially when Ryan has already proven he can produce those numbers and provide similar defensive play, from the bottom 6.

Wayne Primeau

Stay Gold
Apr 22, 2014
Ottawa
If Lindholm becomes a centre, you're looking at this.

Monahan
Lindholm
Backlund
Ryan

That's the one correct answer, unless Monahan is traded.

madmike77

Jan 9, 2009

Backlund isn’t going anywhere. Jankowski on the other hand...

Reactions: Bond

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad