Backes will play against Tampa

Status
Not open for further replies.

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
nice.... now with how good the Oshie-Steen-Tarasenko line played...do you think we see backes with Schwartz and rattie? or does the SOB line return?

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
nice.... now with how good the Oshie-Steen-Tarasenko line played...do you think we see backes with Schwartz and rattie? or does the SOB line return?
I think Hitch will go back to SOB but to me it should depend on whether Berglund and Lehtera play. If they don't, I do think the lines need to be mixed up a bit.

Give Rattie a chance to play with a guy like Schwartz who can go get the puck and give it to him and let's see what we've got. Playing with Lindstrom and Jaskin is just a weak line that has to be sheltered.

RastaBlues

Dec 19, 2014
I think you go with the SOB line and Stastny centering Schwartz and Frank. If we get behind or Stastny doesn't seem to find the chemistry with Schwartz and Frank then I'd start juggling a bit.

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
I think Hitch will go back to SOB but to me it should depend on whether Berglund and Lehtera play. If they don't, I do think the lines need to be mixed up a bit.

Give Rattie a chance to play with a guy like Schwartz who can go get the puck and give it to him and let's see what we've got. Playing with Lindstrom and Jaskin is just a weak line that has to be sheltered.

agreed.

I'm thinking Oshie-Steen-Tarasenko
Schwartz-stastny-Rattie
Jaskin-Backes-Lindstrom

Ott-Goc-Reaves.

i'd like to see stastny with schwartz and rattie to see hwo many scoring chances those 3 can create and i figure a hard hitting line of backes and jaskin would be nice as a 3rd line as long as lindstrom comes to play and is moving his feet and does the little things right...i think lindstrom has shown a few times this year that he can be a decent player in this league, but needs to be more consistent, he's got some speed and hands.... but sometimes he isn't strong on the puck etc.... if he comes ready to go and battles in the corners, that could be a nice line with speed, grit and skill

Tho, at the same time...i'd imagine Hitch would want a Backes shutdown line out there agianst Stamkos's line as much as possible

Lakebum

Apr 2, 2014
All it said was that the injured players would be re-evaluated today, so no idea :(.

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
I don't see Rattie getting 2nd line minutes/responsibility. I would suspect they would stick with:

SOB
Schwartz-Stastny-Tarasenko
Ott-Goc-Reaves
Jaskin-Lindstrom-Rattie (with these guys being sprinkled onto other lines for shifts here and there)

Hopefully Shatty is ok. I assume they're going to have a practice today so we should hear something by then.

EDIT: no practice today. Off day. Still sounds like updates will be provided at some point today though.

Last edited:

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
I am not surprised at all, that was a simple 2 minute penalty until they saw that the Caps player was cut (by his own visor) so they turned it into a major.

CaliforniaBlues310

Apr 9, 2013
San Pedro, CA.
I think we should see how Goc does with the younger kids while Berglund and Lehtera are out.

Steen-Backes-Oshie
Jaskin-Goc-Rattie
Lindstrom-Ott-Reaves

Depending on the situation, you could slide Goc and Lindstrom back if need be.

Michael Scarn

Jan 30, 2015
I think we should see how Goc does with the younger kids while Berglund and Lehtera are out.

Steen-Backes-Oshie
Jaskin-Goc-Rattie
Lindstrom-Ott-Reaves

I'd like to see Goc continue to work with Ott and Reaves considering he's still adjusting to a new line. It's important that they continue to develop chemistry as the early returns look great. If this line continues to produce and get more ice time, it could pay huge dividends down the stretch keeping guys fresh. Not to mention how important a strong 4th line could be come playoff time.

Now, if Berglund and Lehtera's injuries are more serious, then I'm all for playing around with Goc.

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas

Steen-Backes-Oshie
Jaskin-Goc-Rattie
Lindstrom-Ott-Reaves

They may have to move Goc up, but its better if you let the players who are going to be the regular 4th line get a chance to play together now.

Its not the worst thing in the world for Lehtera to get some extended rest, assuming he has a full recovery from his (concussion?)

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
I didn't think it was a head injury. It look like his shoulder and neck took the brunt of the impact. Idk why they would be secretive of a concussion or bring him on the trip if it was one.

ryman112

Dec 9, 2012
He will have surgery in the next 7-10 days and then be listed week to week from there on. NOT GOOD

CaliforniaBlues310

Apr 9, 2013
San Pedro, CA.
I'd like to see Goc continue to work with Ott and Reaves considering he's still adjusting to a new line. It's important that they continue to develop chemistry as the early returns look great. If this line continues to produce and get more ice time, it could pay huge dividends down the stretch keeping guys fresh. Not to mention how important a strong 4th line could be come playoff time.

Now, if Berglund and Lehtera's injuries are more serious, then I'm all for playing around with Goc.

They may have to move Goc up, but its better if you let the players who are going to be the regular 4th line get a chance to play together now.

Its not the worst thing in the world for Lehtera to get some extended rest, assuming he has a full recovery from his (concussion?)

I agree on wanting to get him some more chemistry with Ott/Reaves, but him going up is going to have to happen if both Bergy and Lehtera are out for more than the next week or so.

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
instead of moving up Goc....if they continue their stellar play....we could just make the 4th line...our 3rd line..... just for a couple games lol as long as they're not put in positions to be exposed as in going against stamkos etc...

I wouldn't mind seeing this line out there against drouin paquette and killorn.... just hound them and make life not very fun for drouin and company..... god dam i love tampas lineup tho lol

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
instead of moving up Goc....if they continue their stellar play....we could just make the 4th line...our 3rd line..... just for a couple games lol as long as they're not put in positions to be exposed as in going against stamkos etc...

I wouldn't mind seeing this line out there against drouin paquette and killorn.... just hound them and make life not very fun for drouin and company..... god dam i love tampas lineup tho lol

Hitchcock is already doing that, if you look at the time on ice.

Dream Big

Jun 10, 2005
Axis Mundi
I am not surprised at all, that was a simple 2 minute penalty until they saw that the Caps player was cut (by his own visor) so they turned it into a major.

Everyone who knows hockey knows what it was.

Some folks missed a call.

Refresh my memory as to what the criteria is for appointment to Player safety?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad