Pre-Game Talk: Back to the city of airports Oilers vs Kings

Status
Not open for further replies.

elmeroil

Feb 3, 2013
No idea what to expect, do they play their B game and not give away all the secrets (Connor Brown Magic) or do they play it like a playoff game?

1000003005.jpg

Oilers88

Jun 19, 2011
I saw that LA is on a bit of a winning streak here, but it seems like there's a lot of luck playing into that:

1711644096814.png

1711644114567.png

1711644129274.png

1711644159224.png

They ran up some pretty high shooting percentages in those games (6 goals on 24 shots, 6 goals on 27 shots, 4 goals on 23 shots, and 3 goals on 19 shots). They were also outshot in all of those games except the Chicago game (where the shots were tied). Seems like they're riding some hot hands right now.

Having said that, Arvidsson is back and playing well, which gives them three pretty solid lines once again. Hopefully LA's luck runs out tonight and we wrap up the season series with another win.

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton
I saw that LA is on a bit of a winning streak here, but it seems like there's a lot of luck playing into that:

View attachment 842569

View attachment 842570

View attachment 842571

View attachment 842573

They ran up some pretty high shooting percentages in those games (6 goals on 24 shots, 6 goals on 27 shots, 4 goals on 23 shots, and 3 goals on 19 shots). They were also outshot in all of those games except the Chicago game (where the shots were tied). Seems like they're riding some hot hands right now.

Having said that, Arvidsson is back and playing well, which gives them three pretty solid lines once again. Hopefully LA's luck runs out tonight and we wrap up the season series with another win.
Ekholm hates Arvidsson for some reason. I would expect him to blow that bastard up at least once this game

kevy9999

Mar 10, 2023
Go get it, beat these guys going away. Make them worry about what's happening in a few weeks.
Oh brother lol cocky oilers fan again lol L.a. is playing very well now and always close games with them. If we don't give our A game they beat us 5-2. Let's hope oilers are ready from the get go 😁

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site

View attachment 842569

View attachment 842570

View attachment 842571

View attachment 842573

It's their 1-3-1. It invites games where you get outshot a lot, but limits the danger. It's surprising to me that they are still doing that after firing McLellan.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Relax lol read it

He didn't say "they will beat these guys going away and LA should be worried about the pounding coming to them a few weeks from now". That would have been cocky.

He said "Go get it, beat these guys going away. Make them worry about what's happening in a few weeks." That's cheering on his team to set an example today to put doubt in the opponent's mind. Nothing wrong with cheering on your team.

mkatcherin00

Sponsor
Apr 2, 2023
Carrick a healthy scratch 2 games in a row and 3 times since we traded for him. Not a good look.
Yet dumbo the dman (Ceci) who usually causes a goal against a game keeps on ticking

It's their 1-3-1. It invites games where you get outshot a lot, but limits the danger. It's surprising to me that they are still doing that after firing McLellan.
Rob Blake masturbates to 1-3-1 system videos in his office

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting

View attachment 842569

View attachment 842570

View attachment 842571

View attachment 842573

That meter needs to be retired. Kings dominated the wild in both games. Ran them out of the rink. They were skunk games. Nucks also had very little going in that game till they pulled their goalie or were on PP.

The Kings aren't riding hot hands hardly anybody on that club is going. They generally need 30-40 shots to win a game and get run support. The games you mentioned featured opponents giving the Kings a lot of good looks around the net.

In anycase up to this game I don't think either team should be showing their hand too much in this one. That said teams are too close in standings for any hedging. I think the Oilers take this one but Skinner better be sharp. Not sure why we wouldn't start Pickard in this one just for a look see. We already know what Skinner looks like facing Kings.

Last edited:

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Yeah I’ve noticed that Carrick gets scored on a lot. Obviously it’s not all on him. I like elements of his game, but the fourth line isn’t great at the moment. Ryan is looking long in the tooth too. Might be better off with Hamblin honestly. He chipped in a bit and didn’t give anything up.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Carrick a healthy scratch 2 games in a row and 3 times since we traded for him. Not a good look.
Yep. Anybody complaining about the Carrick scratch apparently didn't watch the Ontario games where McDrai were getting runned and Carrick did f*** all about it. I mean he didn't do the slightest thing in those games. Janmark and Perry were more engaged.

Not sure whats up with Carrick but coming to defense of McDrai would have been an automatic way to instill good will with new club and exactly what players like Kostin did when they came here. That Carrick missed the opportunity to do that is odd. His beeper was going off and he slept in. Snooze you lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad