Pre-Game Talk: Back to the Bear's Den: Leafs @ Bruins, Jan 14th #morepointsplease!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
it really stinks that we played crappy this week, because the next few are a bit harder for us. though apparently the team had the flu - and while I'm not going to say it was the only reason - at least it explains the incredibly lack of non-compete from start to finish for most of the games last week. [and I'm actually proud that they never used that as an excuse, because not even going to lie, I sure as heck would have].

anyway. if we're going to win now and not drop further in the standing - we need to rise to the occasion and beat some Bruin behind. I'm not even going to pretend to figure out what needs to happen, only that we need to win [in regulation]

Bluejaysfan*

Need to take it one game at a time but this is a big week, all 3 games are against divisional opponents. If they can beat the Bruins and Sabres back to back, that sets up a statement game vs the Habs on home ice.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Need to take it one game at a time but this is a big week, all 3 games are against divisional opponents. If they can beat the Bruins and Sabres back to back, that sets up a statement game vs the Habs on home ice.
To be fair if they could beat the Bruins period that'd be a statement. Even better if it wasn't in a shootout. Though considering we haven't won a road game in regulation since October...take what I can get.

Regardless not an easy week. Can only hope they keep the compete level up since it's certainly been better the past few games.

LeafOfBread

Feb 25, 2010
Mississauga, ON
Not expecting too much, Bruins shut us down quite easily the last two times for 2/3 periods. Though, Seidenberg is out and they've been pretty up and down lately.

Revolt

Mar 10, 2010
Toronto
Need to pull out some of that playoff compete that took these guys to 7 games.

How fitting would it be for the leafs to turn this season around against the ones that ended it last year.

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
This would be some kinda of statement win.

I at least expect an improved effort.

This'll be a good one.

Geese_Howard*

Bruins will be petrified of our less then 10 goals combined 3rd and 4th line. They're going to shut down the top 2 lines and win like many teams are doing against us. No one even worries about our bottom 6.

5-0 bruins.

DemLeafs

Oct 28, 2013
Bruins will be petrified of our less then 10 goals combined 3rd and 4th line. They're going to shut down the top 2 lines and win like many teams are doing against us. No one even worries about our bottom 6.

5-0 bruins.

Why are you a leafs fan? Doesn't seem like it is something that is healthy for you. Maybe you should cheer for another team.

I'm predicting a big win. May I dare say a dominant win?

Geese_Howard*

Why are you a leafs fan? Doesn't seem like it is something that is healthy for you. Maybe you should cheer for another team.

I'm predicting a big win. May I dare say a dominant win?

I'm the biggest leaf fan there is, you and your 38 post should cheer for someone else, I suggest the hawks or penguins, they're really good teams and contenders!

When was our last dominant win vs the bruins??? I ****ing hate the way this pansy ass team plays, scared ****less of chars and lucic.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
As long as we don't play like we did in the first 10 minutes of yesterdays game and more like the one from Friday, we should be fine.

But can we win in ****ing regulation for once? Jesus christ...

likeabosski

Jul 31, 2013
The team needs to shake up their 2nd line (Raymond-Kadri-Lupul). It's not working right now. And they need to demote Franson to the bottom pair because his defense and pinches make him vulnerable against against 2nd line opposing forwards. When Trevor Smith comes back, I'd like to try him on the 3rd line and move McClement to the 4th.

The team has way too many puck-carrying defenseman and needs one more stay-at-home guy in the lineup to restore balance. Morgan Rielly needs to be sent back down to major junior in the WHL. His defense is not at a NHL compete level. I'm all for giving prospects valuable experience. But if they can't hang in the NHL, then they need to go back to major junior if they are under 20, AHL if they are 20+. They should have let Rielly go to the World Junior Championships. The Leafs can have Rielly play in the WHL for the rest of the season. Then when training camp for next season starts, they can invite him back to the Leafs. If he makes the team, he can play for the Leafs. If he still can't hang, he'll be 20 next season and can play in the AHL. Where he'll have a chance to compete against men instead of the boys in the CHL. And dress Fraser to play with Franson. Those two were a great pair last season. And Fraser may find his form as he recovers from his knee injuries and what not. If not, dress Ranger.

van Riemsdyk-Bozak-Kessel
Raymond-Kadri-Clarkson
Kulemin-McClement-Lupul
D'Amigo-Ashton-Marlies call-up (Broll/Leivo/Bodie/etc)

Phaneuf-Gunnarsson
Gardiner-Gleason
Franson-Fraser/Ranger

Last edited:

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
I think you are going to find Gleason a welcome addition against these big teams who play the boards.

I am still awaiting for a complete game from Clarkson. You know where he plays physical and scores a goal.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
If we show up in Boston as a 1 line team with the defense turning the puck over we are done rather quickly.
I don't know what is going on with the Lupul-Kadri-Raymond line but it is not working. Kadri has been a little better but the other 2 have disappeared.

TheBigThree

Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
honestly I hate the second line also, I don't know wtf carlyle is doing in keeping that line intact for so long now. We will lose 4-1 though

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
honestly I hate the second line also, I don't know wtf carlyle is doing in keeping that line intact for so long now. We will lose 4-1 though

Agreed.
Lets see Carlyle try:
Lupul/Bozak/Kessel
JVR/Kadri/Clarkson or Kulemin
Then
Raymond/McClement/Clarkson or Kulemin

Penalty Kill Icing*

Winning in regulation against Boston of all teams would be a huge motivation.

Also need to keep hopes in check though.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Winning in regulation against Boston of all teams would be a huge motivation.

Also need to keep hopes in check though.

Yes its not the game to fire Carlyle and burn down the message board if we lose.
I am a Leaf fan and not a troll, but I don't expect to win against the Bruins.
I do expect to win against the Sabres despite the fact that they have our number.
We should have no excuse not to compete against them and take out our frustration on their team.

LeafOfBread

Feb 25, 2010
Mississauga, ON
1st line heating up a bit. Kessel 4 points in last 2 games

Funny, even though he has 4 pts I personally didn't think he was that noticeable. If anything he's been really invisible lately. JVR on the other hand has been very noticeable these past few games trying to make something happen. I hope he can get back to his scoring ways. Would love it if he outscored Pacioretty this season. JVR > Pacioretty and I don't care what anyone says.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad