Post-Game Talk: Back to Back Shutouts. Again. Please Take the Core. Please. (4-0 Leafs Lose. Again)

mcleex

Fire Parros
Jul 3, 2009
So many heartless players on this team. Can't wait for these bums to get shipped out tomorrow. I never wanna see Phaneuf, Reimer, Lupul, and Bozak in a Leads jersey again.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
So many heartless players on this team. Can't wait for these bums to get shipped out tomorrow. I never wanna see Phaneuf, Reimer, Lupul, and Bozak in a Leads jersey again.

Replace the name Reimer with Kessel.

WinB4IDIE

Oct 22, 2007
Ontario
reimers only one who showed up....AGAIN

the guy is all heart

How can you say he's got heart have you not seen the last 3 or 4 years we just went through with him before Bernier? Sure he looks good make 40 saves, then he lets in 3 goals a minor leaguer could stop. Then the next game the Leafs will actually play some D in front of him, keep the opposition to 25 shots and he'll let 5 easy one's in. Lets stop the madness he's wildly inconsistent at best.

Paradoc

John Tavares is a Leaf!
Mar 13, 2013
Toronto
HB day, Mike!

Very much appreciate your time on the Marlies thread and giving us an update on each of our prospect. Your one of the better posters here!

leburn98

Jan 28, 2013
Feels bad, good man
very-bad-trip-3-600x280.jpg

ANDI P IS CUTE

Oct 7, 2009
Windsor On
Man you hit the nail on the head. This team is virtually unwatchable. Theyre totally unlikable. We've traded the few guys who were watchable. Please Nonis work some magic and rid of us of this loser mentality and get rid of Phaneuf, Kessel, and Bozak.

PLEASE listen to a grizzled leaf fan; I said a month ago two things;

worst leaf team ever/least likeable and that they will win 5 more games the rest of the year (3 now). Book it.- oh; and they will finish third last.

mikebel111*

HB day, Mike!

Very much appreciate your time on the Marlies thread and giving us an update on each of our prospect. Your one of the better posters here!

Thanks a lot and really grateful for the praises. This quote is the total opposite of what was said about me last season:)
Our prospects are nice and show a lot of effort that I wish the present showed:(

saffronleaf

May 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
The end of the season cannot come soon enough. It's no fun watching this. This is not a likeable team, but you have to be perverse to enjoy watching these guys get beat up emotionally after every game. This team is an empty shell right now.

lmao, jokes on you if you think these guys ever gave a damn. they don't get emotionally beat up over it because they do not care whatsoever. they are career losers who go out and figure-skate for a few mins for their paycheck.

Community

44 is Rielly good
Oct 30, 2010
The Darkest Timeline
You know who has a better spine than these clowns? Nathan Horton!

Inappropriate...

As for these Leafs, there has to be changes, but I think people are getting carried away. Trading Bernier? That's ridiculous...

By the beginning of next year, I'd like Bozak and Phaneuf gone and hopefully Reimer too. I'd like more turnover, but if our #1C and #1D are moved that's a big enough turnover to put this team on a new path. Kessel and JVR I'd only ship out if the offer is right... but I think Bozak and Phaneuf have to go, even though they are both better players than most posters will give them credit for.

Gary Batman

Aug 4, 2014
Inappropriate...

As for these Leafs, there has to be changes, but I think people are getting carried away. Trading Bernier? That's ridiculous...

By the beginning of next year, I'd like Bozak and Phaneuf gone and hopefully Reimer too. I'd like more turnover, but if our #1C and #1D are moved that's a big enough turnover to put this team on a new path. Kessel and JVR I'd only ship out if the offer is right... but I think Bozak and Phaneuf have to go, even though they are both better players than most posters will give them credit for.

I am in no way mocking Horton's injury. I understand the seriousness of his situation very well.

The post was more to get the point across about the 'heart' of current team.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
you know what is strange. I am a sap. I mean. certain things don't work on me (puppy eye look, pouty lips and stuff). but like. this... should be affecting me more. Like I should feel sad that these guys seem sad, beaten up and what not, that they're not winning. a couple of people even said it you should have a heart, etc, etc. and i'm like

No. not really. not feeling a darned thing towards them as a collective whole. Sure, some players, I want to be all "poor pet, it's okay, etc." but as a team? screw that noise. because regardless of how "not a good team" they are - they could 100 percent play better than how they end up playing. Yes. some games, they decide to go all. "wheeee!!!" and what not, but i'm over it.

They feel all blue and sad and what not? guess what
18 Wheeler. Y'all promised crap like that would never happen again, and it's unacceptable.

Game 7: y'all are saying how that will haunt you, and motivate y'all to be better, and really show everyone what you're capable of

March meltdown it's unacceptable, we like each other we want to build a winner for Toronto, blah blah blah

and now this disaster everyone is all. "yah. well we're trying really hard."

whatever. Im over it. I felt sorry for you, three disasters ago. I just want april 11th to happen and we're 3rd (miracle) or 4th, and changes made.

Reddaye

Nov 1, 2011
New Brunswick
you know what is strange. I am a sap. I mean. certain things don't work on me (puppy eye look, pouty lips and stuff). but like. this... should be affecting me more. Like I should feel sad that these guys seem sad, beaten up and what not, that they're not winning. a couple of people even said it you should have a heart, etc, etc. and i'm like

No. not really. not feeling a darned thing towards them as a collective whole. Sure, some players, I want to be all "poor pet, it's okay, etc." but as a team? screw that noise. because regardless of how "not a good team" they are - they could 100 percent play better than how they end up playing. Yes. some games, they decide to go all. "wheeee!!!" and what not, but i'm over it.

They feel all blue and sad and what not? guess what
18 Wheeler. Y'all promised crap like that would never happen again, and it's unacceptable.

Game 7: y'all are saying how that will haunt you, and motivate y'all to be better, and really show everyone what you're capable of

March meltdown it's unacceptable, we like each other we want to build a winner for Toronto, blah blah blah

and now this disaster everyone is all. "yah. well we're trying really hard."

whatever. Im over it. I felt sorry for you, three disasters ago. I just want april 11th to happen and we're 3rd (miracle) or 4th, and changes made.

They're millionaires Daisy.

I wouldn't waste the calories you'd burn creating the salt for any tears on these bums.

They're reaped what they've sown. Shanahan told them changes would come, and this is how they've responded. Millionaire professional athletes that responded by hiding in their shells and feeling all sad because they're set to be traded.

I'll always look back at this group with contempt.

Giuseppe Sallo

ELE-VAT-ED
Apr 20, 2007
Back to L.A
twitter.com
We're heading in the right direction for once... Blow it up! Get some elite talent cause all I see is lazy scrubs with no work ethic.

Capitals play with toughness and skill. But I think they'll choke in the playoffs. Haha

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
At this point, I would just say take what you can get for Phaneuf, Kessel, Bozak, and Lupul, and at least gets some people out there that play like they give a damn. If Nonis is passive tomorrow, I think I'm going to scream.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
They're millionaires Daisy.

I wouldn't waste the calories you'd burn creating the salt for any tears on these bums.

They're reaped what they've sown. Shanahan told them changes would come, and this is how they've responded. Millionaire professional athletes that responded by hiding in their shells and feeling all sad because they're set to be traded.

I'll always look back at this group with contempt.

well that's what i mean, right?! like. if this was the first time. or a brand new group - I'd be like. this is horrendous (EVEN if we were where we are).

but after 3 collapses and being told constantly we are watching, you control your fate, and this is how they play? trust me, i'll be more likely to cry for Argentina than I would for these bums.

(though I really giggled when you started with "They're Millionaires, Daisy." just i could imagine the tone, and the look that would come with that. like.. why are you doing that for?)

i can't be bothered with them, and i'm not going to feel bad because they are sadz that they'll get traded or changes are coming.

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
Can we at least trade one of our core players tomorrow.....so we have something to look forward to this summer.

Dion Over paid and losing it.
Kessel lowest of the low....team killer.
Bozak floater.
JVR lazy.

The rest can be kept or moved based on the return...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad