Post-Game Talk: Back to Back: Ottawa/Colorado in SWEDEN (Friday afternoon & Saturday afternoon games)

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
I fully expect an empty arena against the Pens if everybody in ottawa is of the same impression as you...

Ottawa Senators vs. Pittsburgh Penguins
Thu, 11/16 07:30 PM
Canadian Tire Centre, Kanata, ON

God damnit, I was looking at the schedule, and for some reason google started adjusting the game times to my timezone in Europe, which showed the game as being on Nov 17th... puckdrop at 1:30am, haha.

Yeah, ok. My bad. Puck drops in Ottawa Thursday @ 7:30pm, which is Friday @1:30am for me. :laugh:

Proof to show I'm not a complete dumbass, just a partial one:

jfaibSJ.png

McCullogh

Feb 4, 2006
Paris
For the first time Ever I got to witness live NHL game that really mattered. I can totally understand why you Sens (and Avs fans to for that matter) was not to happy about sacrificing a home game for this thing. But it was really, really awesome for me personally. One player that I was blown away by how good he was when I got to watch him live was Mark Stone. Really impressed in all aspects of the game for me and he is something special (like if you guys and gals didnt know that already) but he has flown under my radar a bit. It was also amazing to see when EK decided to getting his legs going and flu through the neutral zone.. 13000 people gasping for air at the same time. :) COngrats to the wins. Deserved both of them and I think the result yesterday was flattering for the Avs.

Last edited:

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
Wonder if Boucher's little experiment will continue with Wideman as a Forward in the 3rd period, with Nate Thompson & Nick Paul on the 4th line. :confused:

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
Wonder if Boucher's little experiment will continue with Wideman as a Forward in the 3rd period, with Nate Thompson & Nick Paul on the 4th line. :confused:
Lol, I didnt realize this was the case. I remember thinking what the **** is Wideman doing all the way up there.... oh well, he's been good this year, I'll cut him some slack.

Turns out he was doing exactly what he was supposed to do!

HespelerGreenFlash

Dec 20, 2007
Stone didn't receive an assist on the winner. Colorado in no way shape or form had control of the puck. The D swatted at the puck in panic mode and it ended up on Hoffmans stick. Stone should easily have gotten the assist. ( Can you tell I have Stone on my fantasy team ..lol)

thinkwild

Veni Vidi Toga
Jul 29, 2003
Ottawa
I wonder if the face off rules will create a re-ordering of the top face-off players. Hopefully Duchene adjusts, he looked a bit antsy in his first games.

That unassisted game winning goal was a close one, but in slow motion it did seem to justify calling it a change of possession as the stone pass seemed to be intercepted and swiped over to hoffman on the new pass, partial as it was.

Didnt they used to be much harsher on that many decades ago, calling even rebound goals off the goalie as unassisted as the goalie save broke the chain of possession?

The Waffler

Registered Offender
Jul 10, 2009
Planet Earth
Stone didn't receive an assist on the winner. Colorado in no way shape or form had control of the puck. The D swatted at the puck in panic mode and it ended up on Hoffmans stick. Stone should easily have gotten the assist. ( Can you tell I have Stone on my fantasy team ..lol)

The Dman tipped the puck in a way that it did block the pass, but then he swatted it right to Hoffman so I can see why it was an unassisted goal.

GWNR

Dec 10, 2013
Ottawa, Ontario
Thoughts on Harpur? Including playoffs last year, he always just looks solid to me. Ideal bottom line. Physical, moves the puck, limits mistakes. Couple here and there, but not a concern. I'd take him over Wideman and Odontya

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Oduya has the foodspeed that Harpur doesn't. Oduya is really getting underrated around here. Solid defender.

I do agree that Harpur can be something special on that 3rd pairing though. Real solid already with minimal NHL experience, once he gets more he can be a real solid reliable force there.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
That unassisted game winning goal was a close one, but in slow motion it did seem to justify calling it a change of possession as the stone pass seemed to be intercepted and swiped over to hoffman on the new pass, partial as it was.

Speaking of that play I loved it. One complaint I had about Turris was his work on the PP. I thought his play on the wall was very underwhelming and he lacked the ability to create open ice. Duchene on the other hand has that ability to create space and this was a pretty good example. The fake to Karlsson bought time for the play to develop, the Turris one timer will be missed but If Duchene stays on the left side of the umbrella it will open up a goal line play like this.

Reactions: Deku

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
I love Harpur just because when I watch him play i'm not yelling at him always for blowing his coverage or being weak defensively. If he could work on one thing it would be his foot speed the NHL is only get faster and Harpur hopefully has a long career ahead of him.

He is up for renewal after this season, hopefully the sens cash in on him before he proves a bit more could be a could bargain salary on 4 year contract. (2.0X4) I honestly think this guy has second pairing upside.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
I love Harpur just because when I watch him play i'm not yelling at him always for blowing his coverage or being weak defensively. If he could work on one thing it would be his foot speed the NHL is only get faster and Harpur hopefully has a long career ahead of him.

He is up for renewal after this season, hopefully the sens cash in on him before he proves a bit more could be a could bargain salary on 4 year contract. (2.0X4) I honestly think this guy has second pairing upside.

2M is actually a lot for him based on what he's proven so far.

He might get something like 1M x 2 years but I doubt it's more than that.

Giving a 4 year deal to a guy that really hasn't proved much yet isn't smart. Last time we did that was with Cowen. You also want to keep the kid motivated to get better and we have a ton of dman. No need to go for a 4 year deal here.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Was just driving into work listening to tsn1200. Mendes and Simpson are talking Sens. They both think team played well on the weekend. Looked particularly good on Saturday but also were quick to point out that Colorado is an awful team.

Out of the blue, Pierre Dorion phones into the show to complain they didn't think the team dominated.

So weird. Got a Trump live tweeting 24h news shows vibe from it. Pierre nerds his own fox and friends.

Also, he expects Boro and Ryan to be ready to go on Thursday. But the call hasn't been made yet.

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
Was just driving into work listening to tsn1200. Mendes and Simpson are talking Sens. They both think team played well on the weekend. Looked particularly good on Saturday but also were quick to point out that Colorado is an awful team.
I thought that too, until I saw that the AVS were similar to Ottawa in the Standings, up until Friday's game.

NHL Hockey Standings

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad