Back to Back Games

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
Was noticing that the Oilers have three games in a row playing a team Calgary played the night before.

Good work if you can get it!!
Happens a lot in the West, where you have the teams going on Western tours. Calgary ends up with many back to backs, going both ways, with either Edmonton or Vancouver. It's typically better to be on night #2. Although occasionally teams will play harder after an embarrassing loss.

HugginThePost

Flames Suck
Sponsor
Dec 28, 2006
Back to the Sweat Box
Yeah.....I get it, it happens.

I’ve just never seen three games in a row, in 6 nights, go that way.

Just figured it was a statistical anomaly.

I do remember reading earlier in the year about them having the easiest schedule this year. I suppose that plays into it.

Too bad they weren’t making use of it.

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
Happens a lot in the West, where you have the teams going on Western tours. Calgary ends up with many back to backs, going both ways, with either Edmonton or Vancouver. It's typically better to be on night #2. Although occasionally teams will play harder after an embarrassing loss.

three games in a row happens a lot? When Detroit was in the west I only remember seeing it one time ever

Harvey Birdman

…Need some law books, with pictures this time…
Oct 21, 2008
Penguins Legal Office
Yeah.....I get it, it happens.

I’ve just never seen three games in a row, in 6 nights, go that way.

Just figured it was a statistical anomaly.

I do remember reading earlier in the year about them having the easiest schedule this year. I suppose that plays into it.

Too bad they weren’t making use of it.
I believe it happened to the Pens last season. I’m not 100% on that but pretty sure it did.

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
Was noticing that the Oilers have three games in a row playing a team Calgary played the night before.

Good work if you can get it!!

Fun fact, this actually benefits Calgary because teams often start their backup against us and save their starter for the safe points against Edmonton

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad