Post-Game Talk (GBU): Back on track?

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
GOOD

-Finally scoring on Luongo
-Hodgson won 78% of his face-offs and did a good job in the offensive end. His set up of Stafford was an amazing pass.
-Thought Stafford played well in his return
-Neuvirth played well as the game went on.
-Ekblad was beastly at both ends of the ice
-Bjugstad was impressive as well

BAD

-The first line was pretty ineffective all night
-Hodgson' defense play has improved somewhat but he makes some pretty daft decisions on our end. In particular his back check on the 3rd goal.
-Zads had a rough night
-Myers had some tough patches. Though I thought there was much more good than bad overall in his 27+mins
-Neuvirth probably wants that first goal back

UGLY

Still 56 games left in the season

Last edited:

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
Haven't watched the game yet... But wanted to chime in on Bjugstad. He's been really impressive this year. He had a ton of Joe Thornton comparisons around and after the draft... But he looks more and more like a Jeff Carter, shoot first and ask questions later type now.

phosphene*

Feb 18, 2014
West Seneca
Haven't watched the game yet... But wanted to chime in on Bjugstad. He's been really impressive this year. He had a ton of Joe Thornton comparisons around and after the draft... But he looks more and more like a Jeff Carter, shoot first and ask questions later type now.

I really wanted us to draft a big center that year. After Bjugstad and Sheahan were selected a few spots before us, Brock Nelson was next on my list. :cry:

Not that Pysser was a bad pyck...

Last edited:

gallagt01

Jun 10, 2006
Sloan
G:
Hodgson's feed to Stafford was outstanding.
Stafford in general was excellent.
Risto is always in the G for me.

B:
Zadorov didn't have an easy go of it.
Moulson-Girgensons-Ennis didn't do much of anything.
Huberdeau is unimpressive.

He's flown under the radar a bit behind Barkov and Huberdeau but has looked better than both.

Vito_81

Jul 23, 2006
Toronto
Florida definitely has some talent.

Now if only they could get some fans. Or class.

They gotta get that team out of there ASAP.

They don't sell that building out even if you bundled up 5 games worth of fans.

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
Florida definitely has some talent.

Now if only they could get some fans. Or class.

They have talent, lots of good talent but they just don't have as many dedicated fans that'll show up, so yeah.

In 2012 they came. Playoffs...or winning=fans. They need to win.

dire wolf

immaculate vibes
May 9, 2006
Out in LA
Foligno's best game in a while. He created some chances, had some nice hits, and dropped the gloves with Gudbranson.

Somehow, Benoit and Weber came out of the game as the only + players. Benoit with a miraculous +2, despite several ugly gaffes.

Looks like Nolan is as down on Stewart as I am. Only 7:48 TOI (unless he's hurt or something). What a disappointment he's been.

Hodgson and Staff looked good - not just on that sweet goal. Luongo joked that Gretzky made a slick pass to Stafford.

Ekblad is legit. I knew he'd be good, but I'm more impressed with his all around game than I thought I'd be.

The Flynn-Mitchell-Gionta line has been great the last few games.

Bad - Noidberg on the first goal. Myers crashing into Noidberg on the 2nd (3rd?) goal. Benwa

Ugly - the fans came disguised as seats.

Fabi

Jul 8, 2013
Good:

Stafford. He makes this team more dangerous.
The Flynn - Mitchell - Gionta line
Hodgsons pass
Weber looks really solid. I love his quick wrister in the offensive zone, who generates some dangerous moments in front of the net.

Bad:

Not so much. The team looked solid for me. The developement is there, so i am really happy:)

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Myers, Risto, and Zad all had rough nights. Girgs has been very quiet lately, too. Foligno was good, and Hodgson's set up for the second goal was real nice!

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
The only ugly I've seen since I haven't watched it yet was the social media tempest about the Buffalo-weather-mocking video they showed. I'm glad the Sabres don't put up crass **** about locations hit by deadly weather as some sort of juvenile "feel good".

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
The only ugly I've seen since I haven't watched it yet was the social media tempest about the Buffalo-weather-mocking video they showed. I'm glad the Sabres don't put up crass **** about locations hit by deadly weather as some sort of juvenile "feel good".

Same type of videos were played at Hurricanes games and had a part in the fueding between fans and ultimately the loss of Canes fans at those games. Many STH began to stay home from Sabres games and the team lost some money from parking and food sales. After that the videos stopped.

Same video guy now works for the Panthers.

Clock

May 13, 2006

Same. I'm not really offended, but... the hell were they thinking with that?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad