Movies: Babylon (Damien Chazelle)

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
That looks pretty good, like a real big screen movie. My only complaint is that I've got Margot Robbie fatigue.

I think I'll shoot myself if I stumble on another of her movies. It's not so much that she's particularly bad or anything like. But sweet Jesus, she's f***ing everywhere you look.

Reactions: kook10

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Kind of odd that the only real life person being portrayed is Irving Thalberg. Looks like the rest are loosely based on or composites of a number of golden age of Hollywood types. I guess Chazelle didn't want to ape Once Upon a Time in Hollywood too much? That's what this movie reminds me of (perhaps with the excess of Wolf of Wall Street).

Last edited:

kook10

Jun 27, 2011
Kind of odd that the only real life person being portrayed is Irving Thalberg. Looks like the rest are loosely based on or composites of a number of golden age of Hollywood types. I guess Chazelle didn't want to ape Once Upon a Time in Hollywood too much? That's what this movie reminds me of (perhaps with the excess of Wolf of Wall Street).
I'm going to guess there is a Fatty Arbuckle nod in there. From the name I am also guessing it draws stories from the book Hollywood Babylon.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad