News Article: Babych Released

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005

canuck4life16

It what it is-mccann
May 29, 2008
Vancity
I am guessing Linden and co want to shake up the front office staff.....replace long term staff member with new ones......

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
Wasn't Babych working with our defensemen part time? Not sure why he was let go. Is there a replacement on the horizon? It sounds like this move could have been made sooner. Not exactly a classy move.

arsmaster*

Probably just cutting costs.

Not sure why Delorme is even being discussed, Babych wasn't a scout as far as I know. He may have done some, but For better or worse Delorme is still scouting.

DadBod

Sep 1, 2009
Coquitlam
Old Babs was redundant with Lidster on board. But what's most baffling is how Delorme still has a job FML

IntangiBo

Aug 15, 2014
None of these guys operate in the same role.

Lidster is an Assistant Coach.

Babych was a player development coach - for defense.

Delorme is a scout.

Everyone knows that. But the question still remains, how is Delorme still employed? See, it seems like the wrong oldboys guy was let go.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
I suppose with Nolan Baumgartner on the farm and Lidster up here there wasn't much for Babs to do? Our player development staff was pretty fleshed out when Gagner was still here. Now it's just Smyl back in that role and Clouts.

Everyone knows that. But the question still remains, how is Delorme still employed? See, it seems like the wrong oldboys guy was let go.

Maybe Delorme is a good scout if he concentrates on scouting? He's being deployed as the team's WHL scout. Shinkaruk and Virtanen are likely his picks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad