Line Combos: Babcock Undermines team potential with dubious lines make-up....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
He always feels they have lots of room to improve. Is he not looking in the mirror with this reoccurring statement. He drools at every opportunity to praise Bozak and Jvr. Pump and dump material there. "We" have to be better he likes to say. No i in we, we take it. Not putting the Rookie stars together to avoid bonuses and overages. Looks like his priorties spell......

T-A-N-K.

He is undermining the teams full potential for managements ulterior motives???? Something just doesn't fit here, and I don't only mean Matthews playing with 4th or at best 3rd liners.

He has unequivocally deliberately interfered with the teams full potential. If its not intentional then he's not as elite a coach as he is made out to be. Thats just what it looks like to alot of posters besides me i believe.

MR4

Oct 20, 2014
Komarov/Kadri/Sosh
Brown/Matthews/Nylander
JVR/Bozak/Marner
Martin/Smith/Hyman

Rielly/Zaitsev
Gardiner/Carrick
Marincin/Corrado

Can a reporter give Babcock these lines?

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
Did a topic being discussed in another thread really need its own separate thread?

Purity*

Jan 29, 2010
Hyman with Matthews is the madness that needs to stop.

I'm honestly fine with everything else.

91Stammer*

Feb 11, 2014
Leafland/Richland
Babcock is just terrible. A guy who can't even challenge for a playoff spot without:

1. Franchise Center
2. Franchise Defenseman
3. Elite Goalie
I don't know why we gave him 8 year contract. The good thing with this turd is we can kick him out and bury him on Robidas island anytime we want.

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
Babcock is just terrible. A guy who can't even challenge for a playoff spot without:

1. Franchise Center
2. Franchise Defenseman
3. Elite Goalie
I don't know why we gave him 8 year contract. The good thing with this turd is we can kick him out and bury him on Robidas island anytime we want.

Not sure if serious. Seriously hope this isn't serious... :laugh:

TimeZone

Make the pick
Sep 15, 2008
Lost
Hyman with Matthews is beginning to make me feel physically ill.

Nylander on the fourth line....well I'm not even going to go there.

ECanuck

Jan 7, 2010
Hamilton

1. Franchise Center
2. Franchise Defenseman
3. Elite Goalie

That he is NOT. It sucks to see them lose and make costly mistakes due to inexperience but their overall play under Babcock is superb.

I mean which systems should we miss more:

The run and gun and double pinching D of Wilson era or can't get the puck out of our zone for 4 minutes Carlyle days? :)

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Did a topic being discussed in another thread really need its own separate thread?

Oh yeah definitely. This nonsense from Babs has gone on and on with no apparent good reason for his decisions. Matthews looks completely frustrated and annoyed by it all. He said as much in a post game, its very frustrating he said about not being able to generate offense. He really looked pissed. The moral will get eventually beaten down by Babs peculiar way of treating players. Nylander getting reduced ice time and such is a serious indictment of the way babcock is hijacking growth and success through his decisions.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Not sure if serious. Seriously hope this isn't serious... :laugh:

oh he's serious.
yet when you ask him who we should have hired - not a word.

again. I personally think that while I don't agree with everything Babcock is doing - I can probably feel safe to say that he's doing what he's doing to maximize everything later on. We're not a budget team. I don't think Babcock gives a flying toot if everyone hits their rookie bonuses or not. I love a good conspiracy theory as much as the next person but some of what y'all come up with are true doozies.

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
Oh yeah definitely. This nonsense from Babs has gone on and on with no apparent good reason for his decisions. Matthews looks completely frustrated and annoyed by it all. He said as much in a post game, its very frustrating he said about not being able to generate offense. He really looked pissed. The moral will get eventually beaten down by Babs peculiar way of treating players. Nylander getting reduced ice time and such is a serious indictment of the way babcock is hijacking growth and success through his decisions.

This is Alex Jones level nonsense.

91Stammer*

Feb 11, 2014
Leafland/Richland
Its serious. That guy is a well known Babcock hater

I'm not a hater if he proves me wrong. I hated how Andersen played and blown the games at the beginning of the season and I trashed on him as much as I trash on Babcock. But Andersen has proven me wrong and I have nothing but good things to say for him.

I am the type of guy who says the things the way they are. I can't support awful plays and awful coaching. If Babcock makes his lines correct I'll even cheer for him. But such a pathetic guy isn't gonna do anything and is gonna set us back with his 8 year contract unless he is kicked outta here.

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
Its serious. That guy is a well known Babcock hater

I think he and RayBan are related.

Babcock better watch his back the way these two talk about him. Maybe even a restraining order or two.

I'm guessing people would rather have Ron Wilson back and we can try to outscore our opponents while forgetting there is a defensive zone. I'm sure that'll give our rookies good habits and maybe they'll even win the Calder!...

Pyromaniac3

Dec 19, 2011
Toronto
Please waive Hunwick-Polak. They kill any line's momentum. It doesn't help they are frequently paired with Matthews or Bozak line.

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
JVR - Matthews - Marner
Komorov - Bozak - Nylander
Soshnikov - Kadri - Brown
Martin - Holland - Hyman

Mats13

Apr 22, 2015
I'm fine with everything Babcock does, just please no more Hyman with Matthews. PLEASE.

Oh and Nylander back on Matthews wing would be appreciated.

BayStreetBully

Oct 25, 2007
Toronto
I'm not a hater if he proves me wrong. I hated how Andersen played and blown the games at the beginning of the season and I trashed on him as much as I trash on Babcock. But Andersen has proven me wrong and I have nothing but good things to say for him.

I am the type of guy who says the things the way they are. I can't support awful plays and awful coaching. If Babcock makes his lines correct I'll even cheer for him. But such a pathetic guy isn't gonna do anything and is gonna set us back with his 8 year contract unless he is kicked outta here.

Wasn't it silly to trash Andersen after just a few games?

It's equally silly to trash Babcock in year 2 of the rebuild.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
This is Alex Jones level nonsense.

If you don't have any real input or interest in the thread why are you here. Babs has messed with this line up because why... because Willy is better playing 14 minutes away from Matthews on the 4th line and Matthews deserves 4th liners beside him?

We all as fans want to see Matthews centering Marner and Nylander if only for one full game right. Nothing. Not even a sniff at any point for any reason. Thats robbery as a fan i think. Give us what we want for christ sake. Lots of posters are baffled by his decisions.

Nothing forcing you to be here though. Lots of us will discuss what we think his reasoning is and thats about it.

Last edited:

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
My guess is they are grooming Nylander to take over for Bozak when he gets moved. So he needs to be playing and developing at centre right now. Bozy should look fairly attractive to teams making a push later in the year.

Matthews, Kadri and Bozy aren't shifting to wing so..

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
JVR - Matthews - Marner
Komorov - Bozak - Nylander
Soshnikov - Kadri - Brown
Martin - Holland - Hyman

Can anyone explain why we haven't seen this exact line up just even once. Its a great lineup!:dunno::dunno:

Its nust too curious and frustrating.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Here are some legitimate questions.

What would you rather prefer.

1: Nylander + Matthews together. (now) OR Nylander learning how to be an NHL centre now, so when he moves up through the lineup it's not so much as an adjustment later.

2: The team being built for all the goals NOW - or having somewhat (if not the best ideal options as of yet) - of how Babcock wants them to play later, so when better talent comes up, it's not a "now I have to teach you how to do the defensive/puck gathering part now." it's already ingrained.

3: do you want to maximize all the excitement now (ie; powerplay time etc) - or do you want to make sure that minutes are managed so that all the rookies can finish out the season and learn how to adjust and prepare down the stretch .

4: would you rather the leafs give up all the learning and teaching moments NOW so we can eek out a few wins and maybe make the playoffs this season - or would you rather the teaching and learning moments be hammered in now so we're better later.

that's pretty much how it shakes out. do you want the instant gratification now - or do you stop and accept that some things have to be sacrificed to make things be beneficial later.This isn't to say I like or agree with everything but I would think that the organization as a whole is playing the long game here which, i thought that' what we wanted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad