Confirmed with Link: [AZ/PHI] Shayne Gostisbehere, a 2022 2nd, and a 2022 7th from PHI for one US dollar

87turbobuick

Jan 13, 2011
Phoenix
Another soft Dman who cannot play in his own end. This was a way to get to the cap floor with Ladd and Ghost after they trade away everyone else..

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
Another soft Dman who cannot play in his own end. This was a way to get to the cap floor with Ladd and Ghost after they trade away everyone else..
Is that your takeaway from everything said and done? BA said he wants to continue to compete but also that we need to stockpile the future. Everything he has done thus far aligns with the latter and there could be an argument made for the former. There is still so much that needs to shake out before our roster is complete.

Reactions: Kai Yo T

87turbobuick

Jan 13, 2011
Phoenix
Is that your takeaway from everything said and done? BA said he wants to continue to compete but also that we need to stockpile the future. Everything he has done thus far aligns with the latter and there could be an argument made for the former. There is still so much that needs to shake out before our roster is complete.
We are not going to compete with this roster, I expect that we are in a major rebuild. I am all for the rebuild until we get the stench of Chayka off this team.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Does Ghost have experience playing the right side? My memory says yes but I don't trust it.

Yes but he can't handle a cycle to save his life. He needs a physical partner. If Ghost-Bush is the 3rd pair next year we're in great shape.

Reactions: MayDayMayDay

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
Philly fans were telling me last week that he was their best defenseman last season.

Reading through their thread on this, Flyers fans have a lot of
- "screw the prior GM for that contract"
- "screw the coach for mishandling him"
- "screw the current GM for this deal"

...actually, they sound like us, lol.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
Yes but he can't handle a cycle to save his life. He needs a physical partner. If Ghost-Bush is the 3rd pair next year we're in great shape.
At this point, Chyc - Ghost seems more likely.

Gonna be an exciting week ahead.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
At this point, Chyc - Ghost seems more likely.

Gonna be an exciting week ahead.

I think that's a mistake because I don't want him near quality competition or out on the ice in key situations with a 1 goal lead. It offsets too many of Chychrun's strengths.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
With how little cash Gostisbehere is owed, we could retain the max on him, without it killing the budget. Does he have trade value at $2.25aav? I feel like he does. Maybe even a 2nd rounder.

87turbobuick

Jan 13, 2011
Phoenix
With how little cash Gostisbehere is owed, we could retain the max on him, without it killing the budget. Does he have trade value at $2.25aav? I feel like he does. Maybe even a 2nd rounder.
If we get a 2nd for him without a sweetener I will buy you lunch.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse

BA likes to evaluate and probably would like to see if he can rebound and help the anemic PP. But if anything his value will go up between now and the next two deadlines. He either will turn out to be a long term piece or dealt at one of the next two deadlines is my guess.

It's coming together:
Chychrun-Stralman
OEL-X
Ghost-Bush
Russian Bear 2.0-Sodastrom

Edit: adding Stralman since it sounds like that may still happen.

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
With the move to the new division there is no chance for the playoffs.
You don't think we could make moves that put us ahead of Nashville, Chicago, or St. Louis and compete with Dallas, Winnipeg or Minny for the last slot? Not saying we make the playoffs at all, but at least be in the hunt come January? They are all quality orgs with good players but we aren't Buffalo bad. I don't see Minny cleaning us up like they did last year but who knows. I think an expectation that we are drafting a ton of seconds and fighting to be competitive is pretty realistic.

Win Percentage last 2 seasons vs:
Nashville: 66.6% (6 Games) (18/19-19/20) (Includes Play-ins)
Chicago: 66% (6 Games) (18/19-19/20)
St. Louis: 63% (11 Games)
Dallas: 20% (5 games) (18/19-19/20)
Winnipeg: 40% (5 games) (18/19-19/20)
Minnesota: 9% (11 Games)
Colorado: 16% (15 Games) (Includes Play-ins)

Some of these guys we didn't play last year so I had to improvise a little. There is also clearly a disparity in games played. This isn't scientific, just meant to add some perspective.

Reactions: Gwyddbwyll

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
Hi everyone,

Congratulations on the Trade!

As several of you have mentioned, hopefully he can resume his strong play from the end of last season when he seemed to regain his lost confidence.

So nice to read the positive vibes in this Thread. Great to see GMBA continue to accumulate more high Draft Picks & I’m interested to see him work in the Entry Draft tomorrow.

A few memes while you wait..
5352F376-DB67-4ED1-852E-DB89D1B2FA70.jpeg

2EEA5871-07A6-40BA-967E-85E63B10DD91.jpeg
07DF84C7-A871-4E04-8564-3FC566094374.jpeg

87turbobuick

Jan 13, 2011
Phoenix
You don't think we could make moves that put us ahead of Nashville, Chicago, or St. Louis and compete with Dallas, Winnipeg or Minny for the last slot? Not saying we make the playoffs at all, but at least be in the hunt come January? They are all quality orgs with good players but we aren't Buffalo bad. I don't see Minny cleaning us up like they did last year but who knows. I think an expectation that we are drafting a ton of seconds and fighting to be competitive is pretty realistic.

Win Percentage last 2 seasons vs:
Nashville: 66.6% (6 Games) (18/19-19/20) (Includes Play-ins)
Chicago: 66% (6 Games) (18/19-19/20)
St. Louis: 63% (11 Games)
Dallas: 20% (5 games) (18/19-19/20)
Winnipeg: 40% (5 games) (18/19-19/20)
Minnesota: 9% (11 Games)
Colorado: 16% (15 Games) (Includes Play-ins)

Some of these guys we didn't play last year so I had to improvise a little. There is also clearly a disparity in games played. This isn't scientific, just meant to add some perspective.
1: Avalanche
2: Stars
3: Jets
4: Wild
5: Blues
6: Hawks
7 : Yotes
8: Preds

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad