Confirmed with Link: [AZ/PHI] Shayne Gostisbehere, a 2022 2nd, and a 2022 7th from PHI for one US dollar

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
His family is still living in Philly. What does that tell ya?
Maybe he's not a dad kind of guy and needed a break? I'd totally get that. I love my kids deeply but being a dad is hard work, nor did I plan on having kids. The emotional and physical tolls are heavy. I'd never want a life without them now that I have them but it doesn't change how daunting children are.

I'm assuming he has kids, no idea if that's true or if he's a guy who's dreamt of having a family. Just providing a different perspective.

JasonDemersWasOkay

Nov 14, 2018
If we keep pumping up Ghost’s numbers then would it be reasonable to expect a return similar to what we got for Yandle in 2015? Yandle had 41 points when we traded him and was the same age Ghost is now. Yandle also had an extra year on his contract which increased his value, Yandle was also making 5.25 mil at the time. Ghost is making 4.5. It’s all a really similar situation to me.

If we can pump up Ghost’s value to a 1st and A prospect, you absolutely trade him.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
Maybe he's not a dad kind of guy and needed a break? I'd totally get that. I love my kids deeply but being a dad is hard work, nor did I plan on having kids. The emotional and physical tolls are heavy. I'd never want a life without them now that I have them but it doesn't change how daunting children are.

I'm assuming he has kids, no idea if that's true or if he's a guy who's dreamt of having a family. Just providing a different perspective.
My kids were/are a complete joy, worth every minute, sacrifice etc.

Reactions: Jakey53

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Sell high on literally everything until you have a team worth a damn.

Ultimately this is the right move. Too bad Kessel isn't having the same season Ghost is. Pretty insane to think we can still add a grin of great assets from the vets we aquired for assets and Kessel who now just costed POJ.

Reactions: Matias Maccete

hayen

Apr 7, 2017

He doesn't have children

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Just thinking about that 7th round pick that was required to get this deal done. Trying to imagine how that part of negotiations went down.

BA also finessed a 7th out of the Canucks in a trade where a shitton of cap was moving around.

They used the Philly 7th to trade into the 2021 7th round to take Lipkin, which is already paying early dividends. Traditional GMs don't care about 7ths but if an entire FO is made up of scouts...

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Some COL fans seemed pretty good with the idea of Kessel(50%) for Jost and a 3rd. I think we could use Jost as a C and with Galchenyuk off of IR and McCartney/Jenik up on a tryout, I’d be cool with moving on from Kessel.

I’d like to move a 2nd for a goalie. Maybe Khudobin when Bishop is healthy. That NYI 2nd should be late.

Kessel (50%)+NYI 2nd for Khudobin+Jost+COL 3rd seems like a fine trade-off. Those approximately 45-50 draft slots between the NYI 2nd and COL 3rd ain’t gonna kill us.

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
I
That when we trade him at the deadline, he’d really appreciate if it were to the Devils, Caps, Rangers, Islanders, Bruins, or Pens?
Islanders need a LHPMD/PP point man desperately and Lou’s not afraid to move 1sts. Perfect fit if the money worked. With only one salary retention spot remaining, which is probably targeted for Phil, a deal would need to happen at the TDL with someone like Pánik+ coming back.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
I

Islanders need a LHPMD/PP point man desperately and Lou’s not afraid to move 1sts. Perfect fit if the money worked. With only one salary retention spot remaining, which is probably targeted for Phil, a deal would need to happen at the TDL with someone like Pánik+ coming back.
Islanders are in 28th place. Are they really going to rebound with Ghost and/or Kessel? Doubtful they risk a lottery 1st.

BAdvocate

Mediocrity is the enemy of any Dynasty
Feb 27, 2003
youtu.be
Has any team given up an unprotected 1st round pick in the last couple years? Seems like now they all come with some stipulation to protect if someone finishes in the top 10 or higher or wins the lottery?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad