Confirmed with Link: [AZ/EDM] Troy Stecher and a 2024 7th round pick (BOS) to Edmonton in exchange for a 2027 4th round pick

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
I don't want Stecher back...i want someone better than Stecher.

I want someone better than Moser, Durzi, Stecher, Dumba, Valimaki, Brown

We need better Dmen all around. Moser should be 2nd pair, Durzi is 3rd pair defensively. We need defenders/puck movers.
Does getting him back mean we can't do that? I think ideally Stecher is a 6/7, if we do manage to get some better Dmen we could still use Stecher.

Mangosteen

Ground hog day no more
Apr 9, 2018
Did trading All Star Troy Stecher crush your Stanley Cup dreams? :laugh:
Nope, no reason to keep selling good players. Let me guess a 4th rounder years away is key for this rebuild.

All this tells the dressing room is the Yotes are designed to be losers. No support from management. This the culture you want? The enteral next year?

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Nope, no reason to keep selling good players. Let me guess a 4th rounder years away is key for this rebuild.

All this tells the dressing room is the Yotes are designed to be losers. No support from management. This the culture you want? The enteral next year?
This was done as a favor for the player, and nothing to do with the return.

Kai Yo T

Nov 27, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
Nope, no reason to keep selling good players.
Good players that set a bad example for other players are called cancer. No one wants cancer. Schmaltz might be cancer. But I was specifically referring to Stetcher who isn't exactly a good player, definitely not in the long-term plans for any NHL team, and has played for 5 different teams over 10 NHL seasons for a reason.

Let me guess a 4th rounder years away is key for this rebuild.
Successful teams are built through the draft and then, when the time is right good trades. After that they stay successful by continuing to draft well. A steady flow of new, young talent is called a "pipeline." A 2007 4th rounder isn't about the rebuild, it's about the pipleline.

Not to mention that Stecher isn't key for this rebuild either.

That's just another exaggeration, ignoring that this is all part of a process to something greater in the end.

Reactions: Edenjung

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
I don't want Stecher back...i want someone better than Stecher.

I want someone better than Moser, Durzi, Stecher, Dumba, Valimaki, Brown

We need better Dmen all around. Moser should be 2nd pair, Durzi is 3rd pair defensively. We need defenders/puck movers.
Unfortunately, that’s much easier said than done.

Our D core next year could be worse than the one this year, which is hard to believe haha

cobra427

May 6, 2012
The culture I want is one that doesn't have players that quit halfway through the season.
BA was the one that brought in the players and Bear is the one coaching them, if you want to talk about "culture". Which of the two would you blame?

Reactions: Mangosteen

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
BA was the one that brought in the players and Bear is the one coaching them, if you want to talk about "culture". Which of the two would you blame?
Didn't we all hear about culture when RT was here, and then for two years most were happy with the culture after BA and Bear came on board, and now that we are losing the "culture" word returns a blazing.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Didn't we all hear about culture when RT was here, and then for two years most were happy with the culture after BA and Bear came on board, and now that we are losing the "culture" word returns a blazing.

The culture in the room is created by the players. The GM is very rarely in the players' presence, much less involved in culture building. The coach is in the room but he and the other coaches aren't part of "the gang." Anyone who's military or been in the military knows what unit cohesion is and who drives it. The officers are the de facto leaders and strategists, but it's the noncoms and grunts who do the work.

Reactions: Kai Yo T

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
The players. Neither Armstrong nor Tourigny are mind readers.
I'm disappointed with anything under 80pts. this year, but BA brought in many of the players on this team, many over the hill, and many with little talent the past few years. We don't have a 1C or a first pairing D, yet you think the players are to blame? Rebuilding is tough and long and most fans lose patience. That's what is happening now because we haven't seen a marked improvement year over year. IF we were on track for 80pts. this year I think most would be happy. Let's see what happens between now and training camp.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
The culture in the room is created by the players. The GM is very rarely in the players' presence, much less involved in culture building. The coach is in the room but he and the other coaches aren't part of "the gang." Anyone who's military or been in the military knows what unit cohesion is and who drives it. The officers are the de facto leaders and strategists, but it's the noncoms and grunts who do the work.
The culture starts at the top. You win everyone is happy, you don't everyone points fingers. BA wants to bring in players with character and talent and if he succeeds everyone succeeds, he fails everyone fails. You think if we had six more of LOB we would have great culture?

JasonDemersWasOkay

Nov 14, 2018
I'm disappointed with anything under 80pts. this year, but BA brought in many of the players on this team, many over the hill, and many with little talent the past few years. We don't have a 1C or a first pairing D, yet you think the players are to blame? Rebuilding is tough and long and most fans lose patience. That's what is happening now because we haven't seen a marked improvement year over year. IF we were on track for 80pts. this year I think most would be happy. Let's see what happens between now and training camp.
I was pretty okay with the first half of the season, but I’ll be honest the losing streak shook me. And it takes a lot to shake me with this franchise. After that losing streak and this most recent loss to Chicago, I have a hard time looking at this season as a success

Kai Yo T

Nov 27, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ

I like to hold players accountable after a 14 game losing streak and an epic collapse.
I mean come on, this same roster was fighting for a wildcard spot. Then it all fell apart.

Why?

Did BA change something mid-season to all of a sudden cause a 14 game losing streak and crushing the team's hope of reaching a wildcard spot? No. Did Coach Tourigny? No. Who's left then? The players.

Just as an example, the Penguins suffered hard rebuild too. I'd imagine back then they probably had a really bad team culture due to low morale too. But they eventually drafted more talent (like we are now) and got over their losing culture (like we will too.) So I'm not worried about how the team's culture now will affect the team's culture later on down the road a bit.

Pittsburgh Penguins:
2001-02 - 69 Pts.
2002-03 - 65 Pts.
2003-04 - 58 Pts.
2004-05 - Lockout
2005-06 - 58 Pts.

Then they went on to make the playoffs 16 times over the next 17 seasons, with 3 Stanley Cups along the way. Winning culture.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad