Confirmed with Link: [AZ/DET] Steven Kampfer for future considerations

tuxonpups

Mar 15, 2009
Any other minor league D available that play the right side and have a last name that starts with K? Will trade for Crotty...

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
HCanes Bandwagon
Love this for Tucson. They're near-ish a playoff push and it's demoralizing to get gutted. I remember Kampfer from U Michigan back in the day. He's solid and he was good in the KHL last season and AHL this.

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
Hm. Interesting move; he goes from Grand Rapids - who weren't making the AHL playoffs - to Tucson - who are in a battle for their last spot with at least San Jose (Barracudas) and maybe Henderson (Silver Knights).

Reactions: Summer Rose

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
The deadline is only the date when players can join NHL team for this season. Players can still be traded, they just can't play in NHL.
The trade deadline is about who is eligible to play in the playoffs. A player can be traded anytime but can not play in the postseason after the deadline.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
The trade deadline is about who is eligible to play in the playoffs. A player can be traded anytime but can not play in the postseason after the deadline.
No, can't play at any time if traded after deadline in NHL. Changed a couple years ago I think?

"
While there is a specific deadline for trades, teams can still acquire players from other clubs after March 3.

The caveat is that any player traded after the March 3 deadline is not eligible to play in any regular season or playoff games for their new teams.

If any deals are done post-deadline, it typically involves AHLers or injured players with term on their contracts. "

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad