AXS vs StubHub

Quattro

Aug 5, 2005
Do any STHs or others have any experiences to share selling game tickets on the new AXS app? So far I've continued to sell my few extra games on StubHub despite the fees because I fear very few people would even know to go to AXS to look for Kings tickets. Everyone knows about StubHub so I feel like the traffic there is much more likely to get my tickets sold.

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
I was using StubHub still, even with the headache of having to transfer tickets via e-mail after the fact.

My grandfather's funeral was last Friday in Miramar. Didn't sell my single ticket until I sat down for a post-funeral, family lunch. I've been worried about making it back to Staples in time for the game since I found out about the date and location of the funeral back in August.

So I'm at a post-funeral lunch while also being terribly worried about getting from Miramar to LA so I forgot about having to now transfer the tickets to the buyer. While sitting in traffic in Costa Mesa on the way back, I get an e-mail at 4:45 from Stub telling me I did not transfer my ticket in time and I am now BEING CHARGED 40% of the sale price. On top of this, I am unable to relist the ticket. They also blocked me from selling tickets to Sunday's game. This is after they've been sniping commissions off of me for the last five years to every game.

So I'm pretty furious that I didn't receive a reminder e-mail or notification to transfer the tickets before they cancelled. As far as I'm concerned, they can go f*** themselves. Puck didn't drop for three hours and they did this.

So I had to use the AXS app. Very frustrating that you can't adjust the price of the listing: you have to delete the listing and then relist it. Pretty stupid. They also don't give you suggestions on pricing based on the market. The biggest issue, however, is the floor pricing. You can't list your ticket for less than 50% of the retail price of your ticket. I sold opening night but only because StubHub prices spiked closer to game time due to lack of inventory. I also sold Sunday at 50% which was maybe better than StubHub at that point but the floor is going to be a giant issue when it is a weekday against some garbage team and people can go to Stub and get it for $10 less.

Stub is also going to be a problem if you can't sell a flash seat up to a certain time prior to puck drop. Could force you to have to use AXS for last second sales where the floor pricing could leave you stuck with a ticket.

The only good thing about the AXS method, outside of not having to handle the ticket delivery, is that you can only buy retail tickets directly from AXS. So when someone looks to buy retail, they will see the available seats from the Kings plus your listed seats. For example, my tickets in Row 4 were $24.50 a piece v. the $49 AEG was charging for Row 7 in the same section. StubHub will get savvier eyeballs, but AXS will get those that do not use the secondary market as frequently. Will be interesting to see how this plays out but I'm already pissed off about the whole opening night fiasco and am worried that the Kings have hurt their STH'ers when it comes to last second sales due to the floor pricing.

Quattro

Aug 5, 2005
Great summary, BK. I wasn't aware of the floor pricing issue. Your points about adjusting the price and pricing suggestions based on market are big for me too. On Stubhub, I always look at what the lowest priced tix are in my section and then set mine at there or lower.

Sorry about your grandfather, by the way.

Reactions: BigKing

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad