Confirmed with Link: Axel Sandin-Pellikka signs three year entry level contract

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Meanwhile ASP looks like he's got so much hair he could donate some to Rafalski for his toupee. Earlier this season:

a0efb9d9-8648-47c1-87b0-41b10a7ce810FTPpreparedBB231123OW007.jpg

OgeeOgelthorpe

Sparkplug
Feb 29, 2020
Rafalski lost his hair before he signed with the Wings whereas ASP has hair when he signed. I was not doing 19YO comparisons, Rafalski was not a Wings prospect.

Since I've decided to quit my job, I did research for you instead of doing useful work:

Rafalski at UW (looks like it's already starting to thin):
rafalski40001_portrait_300w400h_60q.jpg

Rafalski in 1999 (26 YO, playing for Liiga):

giphy.gif

That’s a wig!

Peter Tosh

Dec 19, 2007
Can he play for the GRG this spring or did he miss some kind of deadline with signing late in the season? Even as a black ace, a playoff run with GR would give experience. He can still play in SHL next season

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Can he play for the GRG this spring or did he miss some kind of deadline with signing late in the season? Even as a black ace, a playoff run with GR would give experience. He can still play in SHL next season

I can't find a copy of the AHL CBA online, but I believe only junior and college players are eligible to play in the playoffs after their season is done. The playoff roster deadline applies to NHL and Euro players.

In any case, it's a bit late to be adding him to the playoff roster, and he's probably worn out.

Roomba With a Bauer

Sep 11, 2007
I can't find a copy of the AHL CBA online, but I believe only junior and college players are eligible to play in the playoffs after their season is done. The playoff roster deadline applies to NHL and Euro players.

In any case, it's a bit late to be adding him to the playoff roster, and he's probably worn out.
He was sick during the SHL finals, and played a ton of minutes due to the overtimes. With the Wings seemingly planning on slow-walking him to the NHL (probably doesn't see NHL regular season play until 26-27 and might not even be full time until 27-28), there's no point in rushing him for a few AHL games, even if the agreements allowed it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad