Awesome Sens customer service story

Slow Hands

The feels
Feb 3, 2009
Ottawa
Hey, this went up tonight on the excellent 6th Sens Blog and I thought it'd be cool to share here. Long read but worth it.

http://www.the6thsens.com/2014-arti...esses-gratitude-to-senators-organization.html

FAN EXPRESSES GRATITUDE TO SENATORS ORGANIZATION
Written by Nichols on 25 February 2014.

Customer service is a powerful thing.

With the advent of social media and advancements in technology, sometimes it seems like we’re living in an age wherein we’re constantly inundated with customer service horror stories because the voices we hear belong to the individuals who complain the loudest.

This isn’t one of those stories.

Recently, a friend of mine, 'Gary', had a customer service experience involving the Ottawa Senators and I was asked to share it via this blog.

Not to thoughtlessly cheerleader the team - the organization definitely deserves some of the criticism it's faced this year, but it's good to see something solid like this. Of note is also the fact that the Paul Beirne is also the same dude who posted the thread on behalf of the Sens' asking for things to improve. Good to see he's already affecting positive change.

Last edited by a moderator:

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Paul seems like a stand-up guy.

There are some really great people that work in the Sens organization, I'm glad some of them are finally being put into positions where they get to deal with fans directly.

PaGEEsBack

tell a friend
Aug 6, 2013
Paul Beirne is good people. Already making a huge impact in his short time with the org. Kudos sir!

McManked

Ooh to be a Gooner
Jan 16, 2011
Edmonton, AB
This is awesome to see.

Not going to lie, it's nice to see some good publicity coming from the city's media, who seem to prefer criticizing.

Spez

Feb 14, 2013
I hope Alfie plays so that he can see him in what could be his final time in Ottawa. An Ottawa win with Alfie scoring would be the perfect scenario for him and his friends.

Quo

Mar 22, 2012
Hamsterdam
Mr. Beirn is a beauty as evident from his brief visit on these boards not so long ago. Doff of the cap. Hope 'Gary' and associates have a blast.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Michael Wallace is a stand up guy too.
He is the one that got me the autographed Turris stick after the whole Tampa bay fan debacle.

Nice. I'm glad that worked out in the end for you. Sucks to have a bad experience like that, but good on him for making it right.

Droc

Classless
Jul 17, 2010
In my house.
Just before xmas I relapsed into Alfie sadness mode.
I always wanted to print of the painting that Alfie got for his 1000th game. I couldnt find any decent images online to have printed so I contacted the artist, who directed me to the senators customer relations people who informed me that seasons ticket holders that year all got a copy of the painting, 14x28 or something.
I let them know I havent been a seasons ticket holder and dont even make it to very many games anymore. They told me to swing by their offices as they had one of the prints available for me. When I went in, sure enough, hand signed and numbered by the artist, a beautiful print was waiting for me.
I asked what the damage would be and the guy laughed and said no worries, being a fan was more then enough.
fraggin sweet!

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
Fantastic story. Glad to see that there are people in the Sens organization that appreciates it's fans.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
they didnt let me camp out to meet Silfverberg after the anaheim game. so i will forever hold a grudge against them ruined my experience as a fan, for no good reason.

LatteLarrys

LatteLarry's
Dec 27, 2013
Awesome stuff right here, Paul! Like OP said, I recall Paul making a post to ask for feedback. He sounds like a great addition to the Sens organization.

I'm really looking forward to Thursday night. It's been years since I've attended a Sens game.

SilverSeven

Apr 16, 2007
Ottawa, Ontario
Ill also add that the manager of the Sens Store is great. After my issue with the Heritage jersey, he comped it, had it delivered to my door (on a Sunday no less), and included a few extra goodies (a HC pin, a hat, upgraded my Skills tickets to game tickets)

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
outside CTC where the players leave.

Like, at the back near the loading dock?

They usually always let fans hang out back there, unless they're being aggressive / insisting on trying to get close to the employee door.

There must have been some specific circumstance that made them not able to let fans over there after the game, it's usually an "every-game" thing.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Like, at the back near the loading dock?

They usually always let fans hang out back there, unless they're being aggressive / insisting on trying to get close to the employee door.

There must have been some specific circumstance that made them not able to let fans over there after the game, it's usually an "every-game" thing.

thats weird they just told me and my friend to leave as soon as we said we were waiting for an away player to get our Jerseys signed.

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
thats weird they just told me and my friend to leave as soon as we said we were waiting for an away player to get our Jerseys signed.

Unless you were hammered it was probably a one-off thing. I know people who wait after almost every game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad