GDT: Avs vs Tampa | 7 PM MT | Are we there yet?

Well? Are we?

• Not yet.

Votes: 5 16.1%
  • I'll let you know.

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Stop asking "are we there yet".

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • That's it! Back to Winnipeg!

Votes: 16 51.6%

• Total voters

Azrael89

Feb 13, 2017
I know other fans will always talk shit about the Avs, but diving and the Avalanche seems to be a common thread amongst the jelly other fans. Does anyone think there's anything to that? It comes up a lot on other boards. Do the Avs go down easier than others? I don't see it personally. The majority of complaints seem to go against Mack and Makar, and maybe it's something to do with foot speed, being tripped at high speed is more likely to result in what looks like a dive than a slow-mo trip.

Thoughts?

Also, f*** the other boards.
I'm trying to figure this out. What play in the Minnesota game did Cale allegedly dive? Those two penalties against Makar and Mac last night were no brainer calls.

Grigowski

Jul 6, 2016
P.S Vasi hasn't been good since he stopped getting away with wearing that half-inflated sumo suit under his jersey.

No, since we stomped him back in 2022, especially the 7-0 slaughter in game 2...... :naughty:

No disrespect to Tampa. They had a hell of a time. But their time is over and we endet it. The first time they faced a real juggernaut in the finals, and it was Game Over.

I said it last season, i say it again this year. This is not the "juggernaut" from the east anymore. And their rebuild is going to be a long one.

Grigowski

Jul 6, 2016
I know other fans will always talk shit about the Avs, but diving and the Avalanche seems to be a common thread amongst the jelly other fans. Does anyone think there's anything to that? It comes up a lot on other boards. Do the Avs go down easier than others? I don't see it personally. The majority of complaints seem to go against Mack and Makar, and maybe it's something to do with foot speed, being tripped at high speed is more likely to result in what looks like a dive than a slow-mo trip.

Thoughts?

giphy.gif

Who cares about "The Dizee" and one of his 15 accounts in here?

That guy has serious problems.

The juggernauts and talented teams always get the heat from other fanbases. Especially from Edmonton, the Cup-Champ 2024. Must be hard to have so many top picks, the best player in the world and still suck. And that one time they thought "this is our year" Francouz and company came along and smoked them in fashion.

Reactions: nightonthesun

Azrael89

Feb 13, 2017
No, since we stomped him back in 2022, especially the 7-0 slaughter in game 2...... :naughty:

No disrespect to Tampa. They had a hell of a time. But their time is over and we endet it. The first time they faced a real juggernaut in the finals, and it was Game Over.

I said it last season, i say it again this year. This is not the "juggernaut" from the east anymore. And their rebuild is going to be a long one.
Every time I think of what they traded for Jeannot, it makes me laugh. Such a bizarre trade. Lol

SirLoinOfCloth

Apr 22, 2019
Colorado
View attachment 774453

Who cares about "The Dizee" and one of his 15 accounts in here?

That guy has serious problems.

The juggernauts and talented teams always get the heat from other fanbases. Especially from Edmonton, the Cup-Champ 2024. Must be hard to have so many top picks, the best player in the world and still suck. And that one time they thought "this is our year" Francouz and company came along and smoked them in fashion.
I'm not talking dizzee specifically. Most boards I venture to after an Avs game there's complaints about us diving. I just wondered if anyone thought where there was smoke there was fire, or if it's just loser fans being loser fans.

I don't care what they think, but I am curious why they think it.

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
I'm not talking dizzee specifically. Most boards I venture to after an Avs game there's complaints about us diving. I just wondered if anyone thought where there was smoke there was fire, or if it's just loser fans being loser fans.

I don't see it with Frail Cale but I feel like I've seen Rants diving before on several occasions. Could be just the fact he's bambii on skates though. MacK just bitches and whines a lot but I feel like he doesn't dive.

Reactions: SirLoinOfCloth

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012

Avs have a rep around the league as divers... a number of players have had a warning and Rants even got fined (that was appealed and rescinded). Makar specifically gets a diving penalty about every season... which is honestly quite rare. Only Barzal and Kadri have a similar consistency.

Spilot23

Dec 30, 2014

Thoughts?

I'm surprised it goes on Mack and Makar. If someone is diving on our team I would think of Rantanen who went from bambi to the moose. I noticed he easily falls for a 6"4 and 215 lbs guy and tend to looks at the refs. I think Mackinnon might be selling sometimes but if he wouldn't there would be so many uncalled hooks and interference on him. Last night Wood got a high stick on his face but kept playing. Most of the players would swing their heads back or even fall.

Last edited:

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto

Thoughts?

They are just jelly. We have MacK, Rant, and Makar. Also, we won the Cup recently.

Reactions: SirLoinOfCloth

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Avs have a rep around the league as divers... a number of players have had a warning and Rants even got fined (that was appealed and rescinded). Makar specifically gets a diving penalty about every season... which is honestly quite rare. Only Barzal and Kadri have a similar consistency.
Makar's skating works against him. He's such an amazing skater that refs probably doubt he should be hitting the ice.

Reactions: katfude

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Makar's skating works against him. He's such an amazing skater that refs probably doubt he should be hitting the ice.
I see times where Makar still goes down rather easily. It is probably a fine line on a lot of things, but I personally feel the Avs as a whole do a lot of selling. Short of a full on dive most of the time... but if they feel a stick on their feet or knees, they can get sniped from the top row with the best of them. They also do the holding the stick in their armpit to draw a hook probably better than any other team.

I personally hate this stuff, but until the refs and NHL actually get serious about calling out diving and issuing more fines... that's the way it is going to be.

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA

It’s all from back in the day during the Wings rivalry when the Wings fans all decided we flopped everywhere, especially Foppa. So it’s still stuck all these years.

niwotsblessing

May 1, 2010
City of Holy Faith
Cale Makar is the best player in the world.

Azrael89

Feb 13, 2017
Didn't Rantanen successfully challenge a diving call against him with a written letter? Refs are probably afraid to call diving on the Avs after that. Lol

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Avs sell because they don't get the calls they should be getting in the first place.
Avs consistently get more calls than any other team in the league. This whole weird conspiracy that the refs hate the Avs is so completely out of touch with reality. The Avs' net penalties is something like 50% higher than anybody else in the league over the last 3+ seasons.

Avs9296

Jul 1, 2019
Avs consistently get more calls than any other team in the league. This whole weird conspiracy that the refs hate the Avs is so completely out of touch with reality. The Avs' net penalties is something like 50% higher than anybody else in the league over the last 3+ seasons.
Ya there's no conspiracy against the Avs or anything. In all fairness though, the Avs over the last 3+ seasons have been one of the fastest, most talented teams in the league and have game breakers that can draw calls. So it's not based on no merits or anything.

Reactions: niwotsblessing

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Ya there's no conspiracy against the Avs or anything. In all fairness though, the Avs over the last 3+ seasons have been one of the fastest, most talented teams in the league and have game breakers that can draw calls. So it's not based on no merits or anything.
There are other teams who are very talented and fast though too... to be 50% above the whole rest of the league doesn't jive with the difference. All 31 other teams are not even in the same realm. If there is a bias, it is actually for the Avs more than anything else.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad