GDT: Avs vs Stars - 6:30PM MST

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
BYCXOquCQAAF31L.jpg

EJ is funny even not talking or doing anything. Just his face expression is enough

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
Can we please trade Wilson and play Barrie? It's getting Mitchell-bad with how frustrating he is on the ice at times.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Wonder if Cliche has earned some time in the 4th line rotation when McLeod gets back. Maybe Bordy doesn't play as much? It's kinda sad nobody ever interviews him and he's played 5 games in a row.

Drury_Sakic

Jul 25, 2003
www.avalanchedb.com
Really wish Roy would give MacKinnon more ice time though. He's starting to use his speed more. It'd be nice to try him on the wing in the top 6 at least once, he's pretty good along the boards and it would take some defensive responsibility away from him.

He was beast mode in the first 2 periods, but he made some mistakes in the 3rd. He is getting some chances on the wing on the PP, but I don't think he is ready for that full time top 6 role yet.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Can we please trade Wilson and play Barrie? It's getting Mitchell-bad with how frustrating he is on the ice at times.

I'm not sure what game you were watching, but Ryan Wilson played very well and this was probably his best game of the season. For those watching the Stars feed, their commentators noted on two occasions how impressive he was tonight. Physical, quick with his decisions, and very few mistakes. Assist on the winning goal.

It's getting pretty pathetic how he's the apparently the only player who plays poorly every single night for this forum.

Edit: Just checked, because I wanted to confirm before posting it. 5 hits to lead the team tonight and his 28 shifts were 3rd amongst the D. Obviously Roy disagreed with you as well.

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
He was beast mode in the first 2 periods, but he made some mistakes in the 3rd. He is getting some chances on the wing on the PP, but I don't think he is ready for that full time top 6 role yet.

He plays an interesting game. A lot of the times I feel like he's standing around and not super noticeable. I can't wait til he figures it out a bit more and starts using his feet like Duchene. His shot is far better then Dutchy's and he'll be dangerous.

I don't think he looked particularly good tonight though. One thing I though he looked good with Talbot. Talbot is good along the boards which allows Mack to go to the front of the net. With McGinn back I think it'll be a lot better. Mitchell is just so frustrating unless he's shooting.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
I'm not sure what game you were watching, but Ryan Wilson played very well and this was probably his best game of the season. For those watching the Stars feed, their commentators noted on two occasions how impressive he was tonight. Physical, quick with his decisions, and very few mistakes.

It's getting pretty pathetic how he's the apparently the only player who plays poorly every single night for this forum.

Naw, I'm consistented frustrated by him and Mitchell. I'm getting tired of seeing Wilson always hemmed into his own zone. This game he spent a lot less of the game against skilled opponents, primarily on the ice against the 2nd/3rd line for Dallas. Yet he still made poor reads with his partner defensively.

Mitchell... nuff said. He isn't a guy I want playing with MacK.

bohlmeister

May 18, 2007
I'm not sure what game you were watching, but Ryan Wilson played very well and this was probably his best game of the season. For those watching the Stars feed, their commentators noted on two occasions how impressive he was tonight. Physical, quick with his decisions, and very few mistakes. Assist on the winning goal.

Edit: Just checked, because I wanted to confirm before posting it. 5 hits to lead the team tonight and his 28 shifts were 3rd amongst the D. Obviously Roy disagreed with you as well.

I thought he was really solid as well. Only real bad play was when 3 stars were coming in on him and for some reason he delayed and lost the puck. Almost a goal against. But I thought he was solid tonight.

Guenin, bad on the 2nd goal. But this guy continues to impress me. I have been more impressed by him than Benoit.

Skip2myBordyloo

Stay the course
Apr 7, 2010

Was his best game of the season i think, certainly not worthy of getting scratched from this performance.

Here's the video of the whole thing...

http://twitpic.com/djnc9u

Thank you. Hahaha Johnson Pokerface

Wonder if Cliche has earned some time in the 4th line rotation when McLeod gets back. Maybe Bordy doesn't play as much? It's kinda sad nobody ever interviews him and he's played 5 games in a row.

Agreed completely Bordy seems to be on a bigger leash this year, hasn't been nearly as physical/ fighting has been down, i say Cliche should get in some games when the opposition is light on agitators/Heavy's

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV

Did anyone else notice tonight, twice on one shift, and about 5 times in the game, that Wilson lined up like 5-6 hits when Dallas' forwards were trying to enter the zone? Each of the players backed way off and let the puck go deep so our D could retrieve it.

Opposite effect of Duchene's speed on D-men.

bohlmeister

May 18, 2007
Did anyone else notice tonight, twice on one shift, and about 5 times in the game, that Wilson lined up like 5-6 hits when Dallas' forwards were trying to enter the zone? Each of the players backed way off and let the puck go deep so our D could retrieve it.

I think Roy whistled and they got confused and thought THEY were supposed to change.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008

McNab impression:

"Ya know Mike, Wilson's one of those guys... you're on the opposing team and you see him coming back in the lineup... it's like, okay... *laugh*... ya know... *Mike laughs* ...I gotta keep my head up entering the zone here... *both laugh*..."

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
McNab impression:

"Ya know Mike, Wilson's one of those guys... you're on the opposing team and you see him coming back in the lineup... it's like, okay... *laugh*... ya know... *Mike laughs* ...I gotta keep my head up entering the zone here... *both laugh*..."

Didn't have audio for the game but noticed this a few times. If he stops a few zone entries i'm more then ok with him in the line up. I think he's played fine too.

His first three games were brutal. Thought he was pretty good the rest of them.

Drury_Sakic

Jul 25, 2003
www.avalanchedb.com
I have never been a big Wilson fan, nor a guy that was very critical of him...but while I see the mistakes he makes....he brings that physical aspect to the game that is unmatched by the other D men. Sarich has that side to him, but his legs do not keep up with him anymore, so he has to be more positionally sound.

Wilson is going to make mistakes....but he provides something on the blueline that is of value that you cannot give up.

He is one of those guys that Roy has to manage perfectly. When he plays within his game, he is a perfect #4 D man. When he tries to be more than his talent allows, he becomes a liability.

If you were to pick one thing out about Roy and his coaching thus far, it is that he is able to find the best parts of a players game, along with their faults, and use them in situations that bring out their good sides and pairs them with players that cover for their bad side.

zxcvnm

Jun 19, 2013
Remember SammyJankis
Just absolutely spitballing, but why do I get the sense Landeskog went after Chiasson because he started talking some crap about Varly? I have absolutely no reason to believe Chiasson said anything of the type, but the way Landeskog seemed to randomly go after him at such a critical juncture, I have to believe it was related.

Burnaby_Joe*

I don't mind Wilson, but Mitchell pisses me off. He never passes the ****en puck. :rant:

jaems

Apr 16, 2006
Just absolutely spitballing, but why do I get the sense Landeskog went after Chiasson because he started talking some crap about Varly? I have absolutely no reason to believe Chiasson said anything of the type, but the way Landeskog seemed to randomly go after him at such a critical juncture, I have to believe it was related.

If that were true, he's got to let it go. Other teams are going to be chirping about it and the team can't afford to PK stupid 3rd period late game penalties.

Burnaby_Joe*

I think Landy was chirping him from the bench? No idea what they were chirping about, but it could be about Varly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad