GDT: Avs vs Stars - 6:30PM MST

Mr Green

Jan 8, 2012
Chicago
I lurk here more than I post, but I thought I'd ask if anyone saw the dude behind the net clearly enjoying Stastny's goal.

Attachments

• weirdo.jpg
    weirdo.jpg
    167.4 KB · Views: 34

Skip2myBordyloo

Stay the course
Apr 7, 2010
What happened with the Landeskog/Chiasson incident? I didn't notice it during the game, was it the time where Chiasson was called offside.

I'm not sure exactly but Landeskog did say something from the bench to Chiasson after he was skating off the ice from a shift that seemed to catch Chiasson off guard.

Landeskog was clearly unhappy with something.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I was pretty sure before the game that somebody would chirp Varly. My guess is that's what got Landy's ire.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
What happened with the Landeskog/Chiasson incident? I didn't notice it during the game, was it the time where Chiasson was called offside.

I think I read something about a Chiasson cross check to Stastny earlier in the game. Might have something to do with it.

badtakemachine

Dec 20, 2002
So, in probably one of MacKinnon's best games at the faceoff dot, why were Mitchell and Talbot taking faceoffs for him? Maybe I missed him being thrown out, but without re-watching the third period, IIRC it seemed that a few times in a row 7 and 25 were taking the faceoff then moving back to their position on the wing during the play. Could be wrong though.

Varly looked great again last night. I was skeptical how he would handle the situation in terms of keeping focused, particularly on the road, but he was excellent. The difference between this season and last season is night and day. Francois Allaire has done wonders for the goaltending. Also, loved the NHL.com "better call Paul" pun. Too soon, or just a coincidence?

http://nhl.si.com/2013/11/02/semyon-varlamov-colorado-avalanche-dallas-stars/?sct=nhl_t11_a0

On the surface, it was an incredibly stupid decision on the part of Colorado’s captain because it put his team on the penalty kill with just under four minutes remaining in a tied game. But the speculation up in the press box–and it’s just speculation–was that Chiasson might have mentioned Varlamov’s problems, prompting Landeskog to stick up for his teammate. Didn’t get a chance to ask him about it after the game, but if that’s what it was, then you have to respect the decision. It would say a lot about him as a leader as well as the support this team is ready to give the troubled stopper.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
MacKinnon got whacked in the face with a high stick in the third, though it probably wasn't Chiasson. It would be helpful if someone would, you know, ask Landy about the fight. The whole chirping Varly reason just seems like the most convenient narrative, though it is possible so could a lot of other things. I think since Boston Landy wanted to prove that he wasn't soft and maybe figured this was his chance against someone his speed in a spot of the game where the Avs could use a momentum change.

zxcvnm

Jun 19, 2013
Remember SammyJankis
MacKinnon got whacked in the face with a high stick in the third, though it probably wasn't Chiasson. It would be helpful if someone would, you know, ask Landy about the fight. The whole chirping Varly reason just seems like the most convenient narrative, though it is possible so could a lot of other things. I think since Boston Landy wanted to prove that he wasn't soft and maybe figured this was his chance against someone his speed in a spot of the game where the Avs could use a momentum change.

If it was for Varly, you think Landeskog would admit that? Of course not.

And if this was to prove his toughness, it was a pretty stupid thing to do for so many reasons. Chiasson is not known as a tough fighter, Landeskog caught him a bit by surprise, and it was at a horrible point of the game to do it. It really makes no sense.

The most logical explanation is that Chiasson was chirping about the Varly situation. Almost nothing else would warrant that reaction from Landeskog at that time of the game.

member 116861

Roussel was the one who cross checked Stastny and he was also the one who high sticked MacKinnon.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad