Pre-Game Talk: Avs vs Jets Feb 8 5:00pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Coach-Maurice-scrum-chat-300x165.jpg

Coach Maurice scrum from practice today - Did he like practice today? There seems to be a swoon post a break associated with this team, what do they have to do to get away from that? What is the key to having success against Colorado? What is the biggest difference in games that come after All-Star break? What was it about the 3rd period last night that stood out for him? Different mode of attack employed last night by Chicago.

To listen click here.

Last edited:

Derfel*

They're getting back to their game, so I have a good feeling about this one.

Agreed - both in Vancouver and against Chicago we saw some of the play that got them into the Wildcard spot in the first place. I think we see a clean two-point game come out of this one tomorrow.

Conflicted Habs fan

"Beauty will save the world" - Dostoyevsky
Sponsor
Nov 23, 2011
Montreal
If the Jets can't win this one, it will be their 7th straight loss. Even a pee wee hockey team hasn't seen this kind of embarassment

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Put in Hutch? If he gets 2 of every 3 you put him in here and give Pavs the Wild, so Hutch can go in Nashville

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
If the Jets can't win this one, it will be their 7th straight loss. Even a pee wee hockey team hasn't seen this kind of embarassment

But they got points in their last 2 and would beat most teams with an effort like last nights. It not like they are the Leafs or the Sabres.

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
But they got points in their last 2 and would beat most teams with an effort like last nights. It not like they are the Leafs or the Sabres.

They'd beat most teams going entire periods with basically no scoring chances? Don't know about that. Both teams last night played real tense.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
They'd beat most teams going entire periods with basically no scoring chances? Don't know about that. Both teams last night played real tense.

But at the same time the limited one of the truly elite teams in the league to even fewer good chances. IMO that is how the Jets were successful earlier this year, and how they will be successful down the stretch.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
The Avs have somehow crept back into the discussion. We need to crush their dreams tomorrow afternoon with 2 clean points.

Libertyhaze

Jan 10, 2013
Vancouver
I'm going to the game tomorrow, sitting in the 3rd row. It feels like christmas eve for me right now lol. 1-0 at mts centre so far

ocdaddy

Nov 3, 2013
Winnipeg
The Jets will win tomorrow = end the losing streak = starting a new streak of points in 3 consecutive games. Then they can build on this such was the case before the all star break. Then we can start arguing about the white vs. blue at the play-off games again.

And if you're at the game- be loud!

Go Jets Go!!

Jml78

Dec 14, 2013
YYZ
No Buff on D, the Jets lose again.

The move of Buff to D was the catalyst for all the success the Jets had. It also catapulted him in a legit Norris candidate by playing less than half his games in that position. To me it is lunacy not to go back a formula that was working and winning.

thereturn

Jul 10, 2011
Winnipeg
No Buff on D, the Jets lose again.

The move of Buff to D was the catalyst for all the success the Jets had. It also catapulted him in a legit Norris candidate by playing less than half his games in that position. To me it is lunacy not to go back a formula that was working and winning.

I agree that D is where Buff is at his best, but with him at D the Jets are 13-9-4. With him at Forward, the Jets are 13-9-6. I don't see the direct correlation between where he plays and team success so far, just that we seem to be in lower scoring games when he's up front.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad