GDT: Avs vs. Isles: The City So Nice...They Named It Twice (8pm ET/6pm MT)

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I'll forever be annoyed that we weren't able to swap Girard for Marino, and instead, the Penguins got Ty f@#$ing Smith and a 3rd rounder.

Marino would have been the RD version of Toews for us, just an absolute steady, mobile presence and the perfect partner for Bo.
Yup. Marino was a real missed opportunity.

Toews-Makar
Byram-Marino
Girard-Manson(although he‘s probably not here if we get Marino)

I mean that defense is just disgusting.

That defense would be unreal.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Yup. Marino was a real missed opportunity.

Toews-Makar
Byram-Marino
Girard-Manson(although he‘s probably not here if we get Marino)

I mean that defense is just disgusting.

That defense would be unreal.
While I don't disagree. I hate Byram having to play off hand and all the issues that causes with breakouts, crappy passing angles, playing on your backhand and making Bowen a less effective version of himself for poor roster planning.

I gotta say.. Samuel Girard looks quite good so far this year and I've been really pleased with his play. Dude is skating well. His PK work is super underrated. His stick work and gab control are excellent thus far. Dude can't play the net front at all (Makar ain't good at it either), but he's good in his zone along the boards and in passing lanes.

Sam also looked good vs Seattle in the playoffs last season. So hopefully Girardo keeps playing this well and we'll have a guy that has good value again. No negative game scores... several strong games so far. Well rounded too.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
While I don't disagree. I hate Byram having to play off hand and all the issues that causes with breakouts, crappy passing angles, playing on your backhand and making Bowen a less effective version of himself for poor roster planning.

I gotta say.. Samuel Girard looks quite good so far this year and I've been really pleased with his play. Dude is skating well. His PK work is super underrated. His stick work and gab control are excellent thus far. Dude can't play the net front at all (Makar ain't good at it either), but he's good in his zone along the boards and in passing lanes.

Sam also looked good vs Seattle in the playoffs last season. So hopefully Girardo keeps playing this well and we'll have a guy that has good value again. No negative game scores... several strong games so far. Well rounded too.

Not sure what Byram playing on his off hand has to do with adding Marino. But I agree that Girard and Byram need to both be on the left side.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad