GDT: Avs Vs Canucks| MUST WIN! |

ColoradoSportsFan

Jul 16, 2005
Denver, Colorado
I dunno they might question why the backup goalie had to say stuff the coach should have said 20 games ago. That's probably the biggest damning thing against Sacco.

Or did SOB and ROR not start planning the Vegas trip until recently? ;)

And yeah, count me in the group that is happy to see the team getting some wins. Even if we win a few more games we are still gonna get a top 3 pick. And who's to say Jones isn't still there if we do get #2 or #3.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
i54sad.jpg

Ahahahahaha

klozge

Avs
Jul 19, 2009
Espelkamp, Germany
Anyone consider the possibility that if we do finish really strong, Sacco keeps his job and we start this whole crap season over again next year? I hardly think draft position is the only aspect on the line here.

I don't think we need to be afraid of that. Maybe a great end of the season will save Sherman's job but Sacco won't be back.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Anyone consider the possibility that if we do finish really strong, Sacco keeps his job and we start this whole crap season over again next year? I hardly think draft position is the only aspect on the line here.

Its about body of work not a 10 game stretch. Sacco has been terrible and now Giggy with his little tirade has proven that he has been tuned out. The players know it, management knows it, the media knows it, and the fans know it.

I actually think the opposite of you now after the Giguere tirade and the solid play after it. That was the best possible outcome of the tirade, because it was a veteran player that had to get the team going. That is the coaches responsibility, and just shows the ineptitude of the coaching staff to the public world.

We will see how truly crazy, management is this offseason. The definition of crazy is doing the same thing over and over not changing anything and expecting different results. Management has the ability to keep Sacco, as it is their decision, but if they do they better be prepared for some pretty harsh push back for lots of outside sources.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
So happy for them. Landy and Bordy look really happy.

They are great team players, I really like how Landeskog is getting back to form as the season has progressed. Next year he's going to rebound into what we saw coming his rookie year.

Bordy on the other hand has been a major bright spot on the season imo. We finally have an intimidating presence on the fourth line that will fall on the sword for his teammates, can destroy anyone in the league and is learning how to dole out physically punishing clean hits. The other team has noticeably played off their game when he's been on the ice in order to try and avoid being hit by him.

Mant*

So the Avs deny all points to one of our most hated teams, the Canucks, in the last ten seconds of the last time they play each other as division rivals...

...and some of you are mad about it?

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
So the Avs deny all points to one of our most hated teams, the Canucks, in the last ten seconds of the last time they play each other as division rivals...

The ones mad about it should't be taken seriously.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
I like McGinn with Stastny and someone like Malone with Duchene. McGinn isn't the best defensively, even though he hustles at times and finishes his checks. A responsible center compensates for that. Also, McGinn is about about shooting and Stastny is a good playmaker.

Meanwhile, Duchene and Parenteau must be allowed to take chances offensively. That means the third winger have to be defensively responsible.

Malone is probably to limited for him to be an option with Duchene long term, but the thinking seems sounds to me.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Malone is also a guy who can go in front of the net and wreck havoc, which will make it easier for Duchene and PAP to work their magic.

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010
I wonder what Elliott's knee injury was exactly, I feel like he's a slower out there this year/seems to almost have a more awkward skating stride.

AvsWraith

Jan 21, 2010
Colorado

Most, including me, are only mad because we think this kind of play could've started 20, or so, games ago when there was still a chance to go on a run. It's not like they weren't horrible all season. Someone could've said something awhile ago and then we might've been in a position to at least challenge for the eighth spot. If you would like to jump for joy and plan a parade for us beating the Canucks one out of whatever it is (16,17) times than good for you. Enjoy.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
I like McGinn with Stastny and someone like Malone with Duchene. McGinn isn't the best defensively, even though he hustles at times and finishes his checks. A responsible center compensates for that. Also, McGinn is about about shooting and Stastny is a good playmaker.

Meanwhile, Duchene and Parenteau must be allowed to take chances offensively. That means the third winger have to be defensively responsible.

Malone is probably to limited for him to be an option with Duchene long term, but the thinking seems sounds to me.

You know Malone was almost a PPG in his final season of College right? His last season (First as a pro) in the AHL he had 36 points in 67 games. I'm not sure why people completely write him off when it comes to having at least some scoring ability.

He's also had four points in all of 18 total NHL games while playing a very limited fourth line role.

I like seeing him getting a chance like that, hopefully he gets a full game there Monday. He seems more aware offensively and better defensively than Mitchell did last night.

There were two or three times where Mitchell revived the puck only to fall into a black whole with it. Either by dumping it off somewhere or losing it along the boards.

Malone looked just a bit more creative in how he was able to move the puck along and off the boards. The puck wasn't on the other teams stick shortly after he touched it.

I don't think Mitchell is bad but hes definitely not smart enough to go out against the other teams first or second lines. It's kind of the same thing with McLeod, while he does not really make plays, he understands how to keep it simple without constantly being the last one on his line to touch the puck before it goes the other way.

Mitchell looked like he was over thinking and taking an extra second to decide what to do with the puck. He was outclassed against tougher competition. Malone is used to playing against and shutting down offensive players throughout his career.

You never know, but Malone definitely didn't look like a black hole in the offensive zone in the few shifts he got with those two. Kept it simple and worked the boards digging pucks out like hes suppose to. I could see Malone having more of an ability to put up points than people are giving him credit for, IMO anyways.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006

Yeah everyone is happy the team won one game, it's like a beer league team goes to NHL beats an NHL team for once, and everyone is jumping for joy.

Oh hey yeah, Avs won one game in the NHL:laugh:

I'm saying this over and over and over, but if they move up and draft 5 or 6, this team is in for another basement finish next year, and you are stuck with Jones, Zanon etc....

Then all this fans who are happy with this win are gonna start crying about another awful season in 2013-2014

Edit: not to mention, Sacco will keep his job if this team wins some games from now to end of season.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
this is the most awkward looking celebration ever :laugh::laugh::laugh:

its like they never won before....

oh wait....

The more I stare at it, the more awkward it looks :laugh:

Whole bench kind of stumbles to the left,
Duchene holding his stick like it's a gun and looking at his teammates,
Landeskog about to jump on the ice, but then realizes the game isn't over yet,
Sacco being sacco, list could go on for hours.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad