Confirmed with Link: Avs Sign Ty Lewis to ELC

S3rkie

Jul 21, 2011
Denver, CO
Yeah I was confused why it wasn't done earlier, maybe it was and they just didnt officially sign till today.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
10 points in 4 games since his return to the WHL might have moved the needle

Happy to hear this. He wasn't mind blowing but showed more than enough to continue the commitment to developing. He should be ready and eligible for the AHL next year.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
It's a big decision for the kid as well. Might as well think it through. No rush, since he wasn't going play anywhere but WHL.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
10 points in 4 games since his return to the WHL might have moved the needle

Happy to hear this. He wasn't mind blowing but showed more than enough to continue the commitment to developing. He should be ready and eligible for the AHL next year.

I really, really doubt that would move the needle and negotiations have to start while the player is still in camp.

Reactions: RockLobster

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Thought he looked pretty good in the rookie games I caught. Have always been a rather moderate fan of his game but now that he's bigger and stronger you can see him accomplishing much more out there. Not a top end prospect or anything but given the state of the franchise it makes sense to take a couple shots like this. If nothing else he should end up as pretty good organizational depth. Congrats to him.

Reactions: S3rkie

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Nothing wrong with picking up free prospects. This is something the Avs didn't do enough of a few years ago but Lewis now makes 3 since July. One thing Sakic and this front office is doing a much better job at then old regime. Even if it is the only thing, it's still something :laugh:

Reactions: Foppberg

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
He deserved this, worked hard in camp and then when he was sent back to juniors he didn't pout and played well. Good on the Avs to get a free prospect out of this. Probably won't ever amount to much at the NHL level, but you never know.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Is it possible that this was done before he left camp and we just didn't hear about it till now? Wouldn't completely surprise me.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Is it possible that this was done before he left camp and we just didn't hear about it till now? Wouldn't completely surprise me.
The tweet sent out by the Wheat Kings says "just signed" with a photo of him signing it so I'd say no.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad