Confirmed with Link: Avs sign Nate Clurman

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I think he's got a solid shot at being a go-to top 4D and captain in the AHL. I probably wouldn't have signed him to an ELC right away, but the organizational depth on defense is really needed for the Eagles next year (maybe a sign they tried and couldn't get Helleson to come out?). Avs keep rewarding the prospects on the upward trend in their development. 3 'early' signings in the past week. Wouldn't be shocked to see another one soon.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Loading up on youth for the Eagles next year. Colorado kid, so I'm rooting for him to someday put on the Avs sweater, even if it's unlikely. But hey, if MacDonald and Renouf could make it, even for a little while, maybe Clurman can too.

Doctor No

Oct 26, 2005
hockeygoalies.org
Nate's skated off and on (mainly during school breaks the past few years) with my pickup group in Superior - dude is the nicest guy out there, and it feels like every time he comes back from break, he's 20 pounds bigger and two inches taller. He's very hard to root against.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Josh Manson has the 2nd highest similarity score to Clurman. Steal.
I don't think Clurman plays as tough or physical as Manson does, Clurman is more about skating and shutdown techniques via cerebral attributes. How high his cerebral play is, probably determines how far he'll go in the pros.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I don't think Clurman plays as tough or physical as Manson does, Clurman is more about skating and shutdown techniques via cerebral attributes. How high his cerebral play is probably determines how far he'll go in the pros.
GratefulBeneficialFreshwatereel-small.gif

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Nate's skated off and on (mainly during school breaks the past few years) with my pickup group in Superior - dude is the nicest guy out there, and it feels like every time he comes back from break, he's 20 pounds bigger and two inches taller. He's very hard to root against.
What we want to know is did he turn you into sieve?

Reactions: Doctor No

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I know you were joking, but there's some facts behind your post no?

It is from a statistical model that attempts to track similarities between players big stats (g, a, p, pim, etc) to how they could progress. I think it is far too simplistic to be accurate or used as facts.

The only time these types of things should be used as facts is if they support MacDonald as the best player in the league.

Ingrate! Odin makes you 6’2” and you waste it like that!:soap:

He's certainly not soft... he's just not mean.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
I think he's got a solid shot at being a go-to top 4D and captain in the AHL. I probably wouldn't have signed him to an ELC right away, but the organizational depth on defense is really needed for the Eagles next year (maybe a sign they tried and couldn't get Helleson to come out?). Avs keep rewarding the prospects on the upward trend in their development. 3 'early' signings in the past week. Wouldn't be shocked to see another one soon.

Who do you think the other might be?

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Who do you think the other might be?
Foudy or a Russian would make the most sense. Leivermann is probably the most available to be signed right at this moment. So one of those four. Hedging bets! :laugh:

(I have no earthly idea if nobody can tell)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad