Confirmed with Link: Avs sign Kovalenko to 2-year deal

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
I don’t think Kovalenko is playin tonight. Does that affect his ability to play in the postseason? Anyone know the rules on roster requirements?

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I don’t think Kovalenko is playin tonight. Does that affect his ability to play in the postseason? Anyone know the rules on roster requirements?
He was on the reserve list at the deadline, so he can play.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
You gain a whole new appreciation for NHL when you watch lower leagues. The lower you go, the more you appreciate really how good NHLers really are.
I remember watching the western professional hockey league. Teams like the Shreveport Mudbugs, Oedessa Jackalopes and the Fort Worth Brahmas were some of my favorites. If you can find a copy, Zamboni Rodeo is a fun read. Beat writer followed the Austin Ice Bats for a year and chronicled their stories. Life at the minor pro level is... interesting.

Reactions: henchman21

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I remember watching the western professional hockey league. Teams like the Shreveport Mudbugs, Oedessa Jackalopes and the Fort Worth Brahmas were some of my favorites. If you can find a copy, Zamboni Rodeo is a fun read. Beat writer followed the Austin Ice Bats for a year and chronicled their stories. Life at the minor pro level is... interesting.
I’ll have to find that!

Reactions: expatriatedtexan

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
I went to an El Paso Buzzards game and it was surreal. Arena was like the Denver Coliseum, a rodeo barn look and feel. The crowd was sparse. The PA guy had an only in Texas twang and he'd scare the crap out of you by starting a Lets Go Buzzards chant at random times in the middle of game play to break the silence. The mascot was a scary looking thing, but real buzzards probably look even worse.

I went so I could take some family from there to see a live hockey game. Most with me were not impressed but I had one nephew who then got into hockey. He passed on the sad news that they had folded a few months after we went, he went to 2 more games after that one. To this day he still sends me messages to talk about the Avs and watches a lot of their games. Hockey really just needs to expose people to the live game environment and it can continue to grow in the sunbelt.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
He won't touch playoff ice unless the Avs play fall off significantly IMO. Every Avs depth forward came to play in game 1, even Kiviranta and Wood chipped in offensively.

The Avs also aren't going to scratch Parise for him. The only one who will likely come out is Kiviranta if he struggles moving forward.
Yeah, the 4th line was effective all game, Bednar isn't going to change anything about that combo until it either stops working or somebody gets injured.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
He won't touch playoff ice unless the Avs play fall off significantly IMO. Every Avs depth forward came to play in game 1, even Kiviranta and Wood chipped in offensively.

The Avs also aren't going to scratch Parise for him. The only one who will likely come out is Kiviranta if he struggles moving forward.
but every TDL roster had him coming in to save our season. This can't be right

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad