Confirmed with Link: Avs Sign D Sam Malinski to ELC

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland
I don't know anything about these NCAA guys, but I really really like the fact that Avs are targeting them. We don't have prospects, we need these guys to bring us cheap depth if any of these guys become NHL level players.

Also nice to see that Avs are interesting team to NCAA Free Agents.

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
Pronman has this guy #2 in available college free agents.
1680189406953.png

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
This is really great work by the Avs the last couple days.

Who knows if he or Polin ever make the NHL, but when you don't have much draft capital and struggle at drafting even when you do, going the NCAA UFA route and getting some of the top available names is as good an alternative as you can possibly get.

If even 1 of Meyers/Polin/Malinski can become full time NHLers in the next year or two, that's huge for our depth situation.

AvsFanInMichigan

“Thank you, thank you, thank you!”
Apr 16, 2018
Michigan
Hoping in 5 years we can look back at these college free agent signings and praise the scouts for finding some gems.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Pronman has this guy #2 in available college free agents.
View attachment 678508
Sounds like he could run a PP on a bad team, similar to Will Butcher.

Here he'll have to be a 3rd pairing RD with no PP time. Usually you want bigger and more defensive dmen in that role (for PK, etc). Not sure he's a good fit but we'll see.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I like the shiftiness, he doesn't look fast per se but this is what most people should look at when it comes to good skating. Top speed don't mean a whole lot, it's acceleration and edgework. When you can maneuver around in tight spaces like this and make people miss, that's how you create space for yourself, and this is precisely what a guy like Newhook can't do.

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
I like the shiftiness, he doesn't look fast per se but this is what most people should look at when it comes to good skating. Top speed don't mean a whole lot, it's acceleration and edgework. When you can maneuver around in tight spaces like this and make people miss, that's how you create space for yourself, and this is precisely what a guy like Newhook can't do.
His skating you say?

@henchman21

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad