Confirmed with Link: Avs sign D Fedor Tyutin - 1 year, $2 million ($2m AAV)

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Another low risk move. Certainly better than overpaying someone like Polak, Lovejoy, etc.

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
To me, this is a sign of the Avs going all in on Zadorov.

For one year 2 million doesn't really hurt much.

Let the guy help bring Zads into the big time. Smart move imo.

Ensane

EL GUAPO
Mar 2, 2002
Sakic said they weren't going to be making any big plays today, so I like all three of these deals. All are reasonable.

I heard a Doug Wilson quote last week about why San Jose rarely makes huge splashes on July 1--something along the lines of "More mistakes are made on that day than successes..." I think it's extremely accurate in this day and age.

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014
Not bad I suppose. Gives Zadorov another partner so Beauchemin can be used higher up the line up.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Not bad I suppose. Gives Zadorov another partner so Beauchemin can be used higher up the line up.

Or lower?

Barrie - EJ
Zadorov - Tyutin
Bigras - FB

:D

Edit : I don't think there is any guarantee Tyutin plays with Zadorov. He could easily still play bottom pairing right side with Bigras.

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014
Or lower?

Barrie - EJ
Zadorov - Tyutin
Bigras - FB

:D

Just flip FB and Tyutin in that case.

Of course there is no guarantee. But now that gives us options as far as Zadorov is concerned. Most everyone else could be mixed and matched, but Zadorov really needed to be with Beauchemin IMO. But now Beauchemin can be with EJ or Barrie or whoever while Zadorov is with Tyutin.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
I don't like it but at least they're staying away from multi-year deal here.

Seemed done to me, but it's not like I slavishly follow CBJ.

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014
Yeah maybe it's,

Bigras - EJ
Zadorov - FB
Tyutin - Barrie

Barrie the #5 defender lol

Before we were probably looking at Beauch or Barrie in the bottom RD spot (minutes would not have matched, but still listed there). Now we can comfortably keep EJ, Barrie and Beauch in the top4 without having someone play 3RD and get moved around a lot to pick up extra minutes.

Personally I would like to see:

Bigras - EJ (gives EJ a smart partner who skates really well)
Beauch - Barrie (Barrie final gets a damn good defensive minded Dman)
Zadorov - Tyutin (Zadorov gets his mentor)

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
There's a significantly better chance Bigras is in the AHL, as opposed to playing with EJ. I don't know why folks keep putting him there. A Barrie trade could change things though.

I like this signing. Doesn't provide much offensively, but his shot suppression numbers are strong.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
There's a significantly better chance Bigras is in the AHL, as opposed to playing with EJ. I don't know why folks keep putting him there. A Barrie trade could change things though.

I like this signing. Doesn't provide much offensively, but his shot suppression numbers are strong.

Agreed on Bigras. I liked what I saw last year, even saddled with the garbage we gave him, but I have no problems with Bigras in the AHL at times this year, He needs to work on his strength and 1 on 1 ability.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
About to turn 33 and his last three seasons look like he's regressing fast. He may not be an offensive guy, but that speaks to his ability to do anything with the puck.

69 GP - 26 pts
67 GP - 15 pts
61 GP - 3 pts

Ensane

EL GUAPO
Mar 2, 2002
Before we were probably looking at Beauch or Barrie in the bottom RD spot (minutes would not have matched, but still listed there). Now we can comfortably keep EJ, Barrie and Beauch in the top4 without having someone play 3RD and get moved around a lot to pick up extra minutes.

Personally I would like to see:

Bigras - EJ (gives EJ a smart partner who skates really well)
Beauch - Barrie (Barrie final gets a damn good defensive minded Dman)
Zadorov - Tyutin (Zadorov gets his mentor)
To me the most intriguing part of the 2016-17 corps versus the predecessor group is the increased versatility.

Last year's ATOI:
Beauchemin - 25:05
Johnson - 23:27
Barrie - 23:12
Holden - 21:56 :amazed:
Zadorov - 16:56
Bigras - 13:21

This team doesn't have the talent to be so top heavy on the blueline, but now it finally has enough talent to have a better committee-style defense. Even though Holden ate up a pretty decent chunk of icetime and Beauchemin is due to get a reduction, presuming that Tyutin can perform admirably in a 17-20 minute role (ATOI last season at 17:35), and Bigras & Zadorov take on more responsibility, and all of a sudden you have 6 NHL calibre defensemen that can play legitimate minutes. Then you can move guys around to find the best fits for pairings.

That leaves us with Weircioch, Gelinas, and hopefully Siemens to compete for the 7 and 8 spots. It's kinda sink or swim time for Siemens. If he's in the running here, it means he's improved to the point to where he can at least play at the NHL level in a fill-in type role. What I like best about these three is that they all play vastly different styles, which means you can mix and match depending on who from the main six goes down.

Don't get me wrong, I'm extremely envious of what Nashville has on the blueline, but all things considered, given what this team has to work with, I think we should be fairly content going into next season.

Ensane

EL GUAPO
Mar 2, 2002
About to turn 33 and his last three seasons look like he's regressing fast. He may not be an offensive guy, but that speaks to his ability to do anything with the puck.

69 GP - 26 pts
67 GP - 15 pts
61 GP - 3 pts
Eh, to me that speaks more to his diminishing role on a team that's been seeking to find it's identity on the blueline since, well, the inception of the franchise. I haven't seen enough Bluejackets games to speak to the reason for the reduction, but my understanding is that he's still a serviceable defenseman. And given the term, that's really all we need him to be. My guess is, swapping Holden out for Tyutin, we traded less offensive pop for a bit more consistency defensively. I'll take it.

Oh...and we also walked away with a 4th rounder.:nod:

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014

If Bigras is in the AHL then Gelinas, Wiercioch or Siemens is in the top 6.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad