Confirmed with Link: Avs sign Benjamin Tardif, QMJHL playoff MVP this past season, to AHL deal.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
He's a solid player... not sure if he has much of a future at the highest level, but could be a solid AHL bottom 6 guy next year... maybe ECHL top line.

Avs getting real gunshy about ELCs all of a sudden. But hey, if he'll take an AHL deal, that's great. We can always offer an ELC later.

I wouldn't say that at all... They signed Miner, Beaucage, and Wingerli. Plus they tried to sign Kovalenko. They just didn't want to sign Mutala and Burzan isn't worth a NHL deal in the similar sense as Tardif here.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
They tried to lure him away and he chose to re-up in the KHL. Not really unexpected.
Oh...but that was his plan all along right? Another round in the KHL and then potentially look at coming over, right? At least that's what I thought I heard was his plan.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Oh...but that was his plan all along right? Another round in the KHL and then potentially look at coming over, right? At least that's what I thought I heard was his plan.

I dunno. Others obviously know more than I do, but I assume he’s going to want a path to the NHL. Not sure he’ll want anything to do with the minors and probably won’t want a measly fourth liner spot either. Can the Avs give him that? Not sure about that.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
I dunno. Others obviously know more than I do, but I assume he’s going to want a path to the NHL. Not sure he’ll want anything to do with the minors and probably won’t want a measly fourth liner spot either. Can the Avs give him that? Not sure about that.
Joe knows his father Tank Kovalenko. Baby tank will be swimming over to Denver before we know it and get rub downs from old man trainers and say thanks.

Reactions: xpatriatedtexan

Pistache

Mar 25, 2009
Montreal also tried to sign Tardif but he preferred the AVS offer. He has the same name as Nordics/Avalanche organisation’s first star when they were in AMH.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
So perhaps not an ELC, but rather an AHL deal, right?

If so, the use of the phrase "One Way" by the French Canadian journalist has me wondering if they ponied up some big $ for him to take an AHL deal.

And if they did, I'm not against that. Utilize whatever you can to get these players to sign.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
OIP.EKWHNKUm0_yrqJpFbI56IAHaFl

Reactions: RoyIsALegend

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
@henchman24 What do you mean they tried to sign Kovalenko? Like tried and failed? Is he not joining the organization? The two guys I still want to see come over are him and Zhuravlyov.

Avs offered Kovalenko an ELC, but he took the Ak Bars 2 year deal instead. Avs still have his rights indefinitely, so there will be another chance if he plays well enough.

Not really the thread for this, so if we all want to continue this discussion, we should head to the prospects thread.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
So perhaps not an ELC, but rather an AHL deal, right?

If so, the use of the phrase "One Way" by the French Canadian journalist has me wondering if they ponied up some big $ for him to take an AHL deal.

And if they did, I'm not against that. Utilize whatever you can to get these players to sign.

This is an AHL deal... AHL deals have an out that allows them to be signed by any team for an ELC the opportunity presents. One way here just means he's paid the same in the ECHL vs AHL.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
This is an AHL deal... AHL deals have an out that allows them to be signed by any team for an ELC the opportunity presents. One way here just means he's paid the same in the ECHL vs AHL.

Do the Avs get a chance to offer the same if they want?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad