Confirmed with Link: Avs Sign Ben Meyers

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
Great positioning defensively. Only noticed one moment where he looked like he was trying to find the puck. Otherwise, he knew where the puck was and where it was going.

Also skates really well with the puck, no issues with control.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Dude has plenty of NHL speed to boot. At no point has he really looked like he was chasing the play.

He's had the defense chasing him though a few times trying to keep up.

Also as @GirardSpinorama noted, he's got some good offense instincts as well. He may not be a huge point producer, but he knows where the soft spots are, where the pucks gonna go, and where he should go to score. He doesn't have to sit there and think the game like a lot of guys, he can just play on instinct.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Not sure they'll try it this season.

And as I said before, that's just dumb. The PK is not an NFL playbook. It can be learned fairly easily, and frankly some of their players did much better just being dropped in cold before the coaches made them into reluctant shot-blockers. And despite years of experience and tons of minutes logged on the PK, J.T. Compher is still abhorrently bad at it.

Islay1989

Feb 24, 2020
And as I said before, that's just dumb. The PK is not an NFL playbook. It can be learned fairly easily, and frankly some of their players did much better just being dropped in cold before the coaches made them into reluctant shot-blockers. And despite years of experience and tons of minutes logged on the PK, J.T. Compher is still abhorrently bad at it.
There's no point in playing him there when you're trying to fine-tune the PK for the playoffs, where he can't play.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
There's no point in playing him there when you're trying to fine-tune the PK for the playoffs, where he can't play.

Playing him there for a bit wouldn't alter or hinder those plans in the slightest, especially given how heavily they rotate their forwards.

Also, the time to "fine tune" anything like that is long since past. Practice time is slim this time of year, they're not going to make any real tweaks at this point.

And I will reiterate, playing an inherently bad penalty killers (JJ, JTC) ahead of a newbie doesn't make any sense whatsoever. Neither of those guys will be any better at it after all this time, so giving Meyers a couple shots to see what he can do would not affect the team's scheme at all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad