Pre-Game Talk: Avs @ Sens | Thursday | On this episode of How It's Made: Pilon Edition!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
4-3 Avs. Barrie wins it.

4 Goals?

wmtd.gif

Tralfamadore

Don't Panic.
Sep 25, 2011
Teams have been known to practice at Carleton University's rink when they're in town the odd time. I was really hoping the Avs would be practicing there so I could stop by for a visit but no luck.

I'll be at the game tomorrow. The game in Ottawa last year was incredibly boring. I really hope the offence lights it up this year. Should be an open game.

cody275

Nov 14, 2008
Looking forward to the game. Hopefully they can finally get some consistent play going.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Teams have been known to practice at Carleton University's rink when they're in town the odd time. I was really hoping the Avs would be practicing there so I could stop by for a visit but no luck.

I'll be at the game tomorrow. The game in Ottawa last year was incredibly boring. I really hope the offence lights it up this year. Should be an open game.

Wonder if they took the day completely off today after the back to back.

I'd expect a more open higher scoring game too.

The Shermanator

HFBoards Legend
Jul 2, 2011
Ontario
teams have been known to practice at carleton university's rink when they're in town the odd time. I was really hoping the avs would be practicing there so i could stop by for a visit but no luck.

I'll be at the game tomorrow. The game in ottawa last year was incredibly boring. I really hope the offence lights it up this year. Should be an open game.

who are you?!

ThatAvsGamer

Feb 21, 2013
Ontario
I just want Mitchell back. :cry:

I've always been a Mitchell supporter. He's not a guy that is going to make a great pass or anything. But he's a guy who plays well all around, can play any forward position and can be put in a offensive or defensive situation, if needed.

ghostofweezman

Mar 3, 2013
PNW
I've always been a Mitchell supporter. He's not a guy that is going to make a great pass or anything. But he's a guy who plays well all around, can play any forward position and can be put in a offensive or defensive situation, if needed.

True words being said. The bottom six has been a disaster for this team thus far.

avsfan9

Jul 28, 2011
I don't know what the alternative would be if MacKinnon moves up but Briere is not a center anymore. If he's the only other option at center on the third line, then I guess MacKinnon will just have to suffer until Mitchell gets back.

People we are in trouble when we are waiting for John Mitchell to turn the Avs around:shakehead this team needs to learn how to play like a team and not relying on Mack and duchene to try and hog the puck and try to do it all themselves

avspatti

Dec 1, 2003
Colorado
Visit site
McGinn is very overlooked on this team and I'd rather have him on the top 6 than Tangs.

Tangs shows what's happening to a player his age that missed a whole year. I doubt he'll ever come back as good as he was before the injury. Not because of the injury itself, but because he's simply too old to jump back in the action after such a long time off.

Mack needs to play on the top 6 as well. At this point I wonder if Roy wants to punish him for his lack of defensive awareness.

Tangs is not THAT old. Thirty-four? We're just used to 19-23 year-olds.

Last edited:

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
I just hope Roy realizes soon that Tangs can't keep up anymore. At this point, when Malkin comes back I'd be ok with seeing him dropped to the 4th line....which hasn't been good at all anyway so Tangs there couldn't hurt.

McGinn-Duchene-Iginla
Landeskog-O'Reilly-MacKinnon
Everberg-Mitchell-Briere
McLeod-Talbot-Tanguay

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Tangs has taken a lot of mileage. He's had significant knee problems for a while.

Yea that's kinda the issue with him. Two MCL injuries in about seven months, and then a hip problem a few months later that resulted in surgery on the left knee and hip.

I wasn't able to find which knee he hurt in Calgary, but it was the left knee and hip with the Avs last year. Honestly I'm not sure what's worse, hurting the same knee twice, or having two wonky knees. He also had surgery on his right hip 9 years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad