Confirmed with Link: Avs retiring Foote's #52

Mant*

He has a lot of work to get there then. Hejduk is on peoples lists because the dude is top 5 in points, goals, and assists ALL TIME for the Nords/Avs franchise.

Plus tops in games played with the Avs.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Are they retiring his jersey from 2004, when he was actually still playing?

I find it slightly interesting about the design of the retired number banners: Sakic and Forsberg both have one in the style of the old jerseys with the mountain stripes, and I daresay Foote will too. If we get to the point where Duchene or whoever is having their number retired then it'll look odd if they switch to a banner with piping.

ColoradoSportsFan

Jul 16, 2005
Denver, Colorado
I don't think so. It will just signify different eras. Besides, who know, maybe the Avs go back to a more classical "Avalanche" look.

I find it more weird that their years as a Nordique aren't listed. I understand why they don't. Just think it's weird.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
Stastny is top 10 in points and assists and just outside the top 10 in goals with half the games played of Hejduk.

Another 7-10 seasons and he'll pass Hejduk. I really hope he does that too, would be interesting to see people clamoring for his jersey retirement then after all the crap he gets now.

Too bad It's unlikely to happen, If Paul keeps playing like he has played last two years. He's not worth his 6+ million per season salary for Avalanche, If he keeps this pace up. Although I think he's gonna have bounce back season, because he will have quality linemates, first time since.. I don't know.

I think people are just very frustrated with Stastny. He can do so much better offensively. He could be very good player in NHL, like he was before.

18Mike18

Aug 3, 2007
BC
Cant wait to buy some of his retirement stuff, Puck or something. Very happy to hear this.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad