Confirmed with Link: Avs re-sign TJ Tynan to 1-year deal

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
In the last few years or 5-10 years ago?
It was while I was posting here, so Sakic/Roy era. I'll have to go back and look because it's bothering me now.

EDIT: It was Mike Sislo, Joe Whitney, and Jim O'Brien. Supposed to be good AHL vets who would help stabilize the Rampage. We kind of forgot how terrible they ended up being, because that was 16-17 and we had bigger problems...

Last edited:
Reactions: cgf

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
It was while I was posting here, so Sakic/Roy era. I'll have to go back and look because it's bothering me now.

EDIT: It was Mike Sislo, Joe Whitney, and Jim O'Brien. Supposed to be good AHL vets who would help stabilize the Rampage. We kind of forgot how terrible they ended up being, because that was 16-17 and we had bigger problems...

Ok yeah that aligns with my memory. That they started taking the AHL team more seriously and spending more money under Sakic/Roy, especially the last few years.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Yeah, I think Roy and Sakic grossly underestimated just how awful the farm system was, how neglected the AHL affiliate was, how bad a coach Dean Chynoweth was, and how horrible Rick Pracey had become at drafting. They certainly tried to beef up organizational depth by sheer force but it unfortunately didn't work.

Reactions: McMetal

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Yeah, I think Roy and Sakic grossly underestimated just how awful the farm system was, how neglected the AHL affiliate was, how bad a coach Dean Chynoweth was, and how horrible Rick Pracey had become at drafting. They certainly tried to beef up organizational depth by sheer force but it unfortunately didn't work.
Yeah, credit to them for trying to be creative about it though. I still think it was smart to try bringing over undrafted Euro players to try to reinforce the farm system. Everberg, Rendulic, and Martinsen may not have made much of a difference in the end but I like the idea behind it, trying to get cheap depth by finding players looking to try their hand at NA hockey and work their asses off to try to break into the NHL.

Reactions: Pokecheque and cgf

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad