Confirmed with Link: Avs re-sign TJ Tynan to 1-year deal

SirLoinOfCloth

Apr 22, 2019
Colorado
May we see his shirt flapping wildly behind him as he speeds down the ice to do nothing for one more year.

giphy.gif

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Good AHL player, lousy NHL player. Hopefully next year we will be healthy enough to never see him outside of Loveland.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I totally get the jokes but this is in all seriousness a smart signing. The Avs FINALLY found some AHL vets worth keeping.

Plus, if they ever trade JT Compher, they have his evil twin to call up at any time.

This is more for the AHL Eagles though than the Avs. They've had similar offensive guys in the AHL before that they likely wanted to keep, but the Avs traditionally didn't spend much on their AHLers. Though they've been better the last few years.

Looks like they're paying Tynan $500k in the AHL next year, which at this point with the uncertainty is probably a smart move by him to lock down a contract.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Avs could've announced this yesterday but waited until HFBoards came back
They wanted to stress test the new servers to see if they could handle the onslaught of posts about their news bombshell.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
This is more for the AHL Eagles though than the Avs. They've had similar offensive guys in the AHL before that they likely wanted to keep, but the Avs traditionally didn't spend much on their AHLers. Though they've been better the last few years.

Looks like they're paying Tynan $500k in the AHL next year, which at this point with the uncertainty is probably a smart move by him to lock down a contract.

That's not entirely true. The avs have paid some (comparatively) high AHL salaries to AHL stars in the recent past (Eagles & Rampage years)...having had multiple guys making 6 figures, some of whom were getting well over a quarter-million just in AHL pay...the problem has been that those high-priced AHL vets have seldom actually worked out for us.

Reactions: McMetal

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
That's not entirely true. The avs have paid some (comparatively) high AHL salaries to AHL stars in the recent past (Eagles & Rampage years)...having had multiple guys making 6 figures, some of whom were getting well over a quarter-million just in AHL pay...the problem has been that those high-priced AHL vets have seldom actually worked out for us.

Perhaps I'm not recalling correctly, but that doesn't align with my memory. I'm not talking about six figures, I'm talking about the $400-600k salary range in the AHL like Tynan got. Guys looking for that kind of raise were usually let go in the past.

The Avs started spending more money on their AHL vets when Sakic/Roy took over, and they've been more aggressive in the last few years. Before that they basically didn't give two shits about the success of their AHL team, and the results showed.

Do recall multiple guys making that kind of money for the Avs AHL team in the past?

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Perhaps I'm not recalling correctly, but that doesn't align with my memory. I'm not talking about six figures, I'm talking about the $400-600k salary range in the AHL like Tynan got. Guys looking for that kind of raise were usually let go in the past.

The Avs started spending more money on their AHL vets when Sakic/Roy took over, and they've been more aggressive in the last few years. Before that they basically didn't give two shits about the success of their AHL team, and the results showed.

Do recall multiple guys making that kind of money for the Avs AHL team in the past?
I seem to remember one year they went out in UFA and signed 3 highly regarded AHL stars to boost the team, spent more than 500k on each of them for one year deals. We were all excited they were finally investing in the AHL squad. Of course, all three were terrible that year. I wish I could remember the names.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I seem to remember one year they went out in UFA and signed 3 highly regarded AHL stars to boost the team, spent more than 500k on each of them for one year deals. We were all excited they were finally investing in the AHL squad. Of course, all three were terrible that year. I wish I could remember the names.

In the last few years or 5-10 years ago?

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com

That wasn't the year they went out and got Darren Haydar was it? Boy did that move backfire...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad