Speculation: AVS Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents & Related Topics 2016-17 Part XVII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
Lol, if that is what they choose to do then fine, I'll support that decision. I'm not sure I'd like it but I trust that management/ownership is doing what is best for the team.

I guess I've never had that breaking point, and if I can survive this year I don't think I'll ever hit a breaking point. I don't see a scenario in which I don't cheer for the Avs, unless they relocate and aren't the Avs anymore.

Pffffft can't even keep being a fan through a relocation??

:laugh:

AvsMakar08

Feb 14, 2017
New York
One things for sure, the_fan certainly ain't no liar when he said he was done with this team! I'll give him that.

I could never quit on this team short from the team being relocated and as others have said, if we can make it through this year, eventually things will come around and look brighter.

The fan then was not a real fan of this team. I am a real Avalanche. Imagine seeing all these prospects that we have, Compher, Jost, Zads, Rants, Grier. I am just now starting to realize that we have better player lineup then Jackets. Someone said it yesterday and I was comparing all night last night and he was correct.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
I still have faith in Sakic even though I believe there is a chance that he might get replaced in the coming weeks. (As I said, it depends how much Josh Kroenke was on board with this 'plan')

He's going to have to throw us the fans a frikkin' bone though and what I mean by that is :

(1) Buy out #32

This just needs to happen for everyone's sake.

(2) Replace Tim Army

We may not have a great defense and poor depth and a lot of other factors that make us a bad team but we DO have some good top-end skill players which should be able to produce on the Power Play. Tim Army's pathetic PP scheme was a very predictable 'get the puck to Iginla for a shot on net' for the better part of 2.5 years. He's horrible and I don't care how much any of the guys actually like him, let's get someone in here who's got a proven track record to run our PP.

If we can get AT MINIMUM, those 2 things happen as Avs fans, it will make the rest of the off-season a lot easier to look forward to.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
The fan then was not a real fan of this team. I am a real Avalanche. Imagine seeing all these prospects that we have, Compher, Jost, Zads, Rants, Grier. I am just now starting to realize that we have better player lineup then Jackets. Someone said it yesterday and I was comparing all night last night and he was correct.

I feel like that's not accurate on the_fan. He was overly negative at times but for quite a few things he was right, he was just very pessimistic.

SaltySkywalker

Bushes of Love
Jul 15, 2016
Tatooine

I feel like that's not accurate on the_fan. He was overly negative at times but for quite a few things he was right, he was just very pessimistic.

Yeah, and I don't think he really has quit on the team or doesn't like the Avs anymore, probably just taking a break from hf and other outlets to save his sanity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad