GDT: Avs @ Predators | 4/2/2013 | 6MT | Avs might lose, but we're all winners in vCash!!!

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
I've got nothing...this game sums it up for the Avs...even when you give a pretty decent effort they still find a way to lose. At least the prize for losing is one of Jones, MacKinnon or Drouin.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Sacco won't be the head coach next season. There's no point in hiring a new coach mid season when the season is already lost. I'll put money down that Joe Sacco gets fired in the off season, even the Avalanche can't justify keeping him anymore. Understandable why he's still behind the bench right now.

They gave him a 2 year extention. I think he will coach here for a long time

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
lol the Preds GDT was whopping a 4 pages...

That's gotta be a boring place to talk about games.... At least here even when were losing(Zanon) we can make fun of the team(Zanon) and laugh at there mistakes(Zanon).

bohlmeister

May 18, 2007
The most disappointing part of this, and everyone being so happy with the loss, is that our best player all season is the one who lost us the game. He just finished beating himself up for a loss, and now he is clearly 100% at fault for this loss. This isn't good for moral people.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
He doesn't help out at all when the puck goes on the boards and Barrie gets outmuscled. Then instead of protecting a potential pass from coming to the front of the net or even standing on the right side of the net, he turns so that his front instead of his back is facing our goal like he's a Nashville forward and just before the goal is scored, he moves away from the net towards the right faceoff dot instead of moving near the net.

Either he's an idiot or he's a sleeper agent in on the tank or he's playing for a team with no organized system.

I vote that it's two of the three.

Also, we're on pace for 66 pts if this was an 82 game season :facepalm:

Maybe Zanon was bought in to tank this season? Never thought about it before, but I It makes sense.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
The most disappointing part of this, and everyone being so happy with the loss, is that our best player all season is the one who lost us the game. He just finished beating himself up for a loss, and now he is clearly 100% at fault for this loss. This isn't good for moral people.

He actually scored only goal for Avalanche, so.. I think It even's out. No?

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada

Er...no. He contributed and made chances and was generall good. Is he supposed to score 2-3 goals every game? He's not even a natural goal scorer.

Matt Duchene got called out a ridiculous amount last year. By that same attitude, what the eff has the Captain done lately? Oh but he's recovering from injury? So was Duchene.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
Er...no. He contributed and made chances and was generall good. Is he supposed to score 2-3 goals every game? He's not even a natural goal scorer.

Matt Duchene got called out a ridiculous amount last year. By that same attitude, what the eff has the Captain done lately? Oh but he's recovering from injury? So was Duchene.

Not Landeskoging that's for sure.

AvsWraith

Jan 21, 2010
Colorado

You know what would've been good for moral? Building a team around our best player, not just finding random defensemen and grinders at the bus station and thinking they would help get us to the next level. Or, hiring a coach that could actually inspire and bring out the best in our "players". We didn't just luck into this situation, we created it.

IceyDice

Sep 16, 2012

Well maybe Captain grinder can do his job for once and motivate the team. :nod:

bohlmeister

May 18, 2007

I'm not calling out Duchene. He is far and away our best player. I am saying that most people on here are cheering for a tank, glad he iced it and cost us that game. Well Duchene just worked his ass off all off season, is having the best season of his career, and his team is still 30th. He is blaming himself for losses. This isn't good for his development or anyone else's on this team. It is frustrating to watch as a fan. I can't imagine how frustrating it is for the guys in the room. This will have an effect on them. Fire the ****ing coach. At least acknowledge that there will be some changes.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
You know what would've been good for moral? Building a team around our best player, not just finding random defensemen and grinders at the bus station and thinking they would help get us to the next level. Or, hiring a coach that could actually inspire and bring out the best in our "players". We didn't just luck into this situation, we created it.

Amen. Well said. Where did they find this Zanon guy? He looks like bum anyway.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver

Duchene is not 100% at fault for the loss. Yeah he made a bad play near the end of the game, but he also scored the only goal. I'm sure Duchene is beating himself up for the bad play but he has shown all year to be the only one to give 100% every game and bounce back from mistakes. Sometimes we forget that he is still a very young player in the league and mistakes are going to happen for young players he will learn and get better from it. His teammates need to pick him up this time as he has carried this team offensively this year.

This one is on all the "star" caliber players that haven't done crap in the past 3 games, Landeskog, ROR especially.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
I'm not calling out Duchene. He is far and away our best player. I am saying that most people on here are cheering for a tank, glad he iced it and cost us that game. Well Duchene just worked his ass off all off season, is having the best season of his career, and his team is still 30th. He is blaming himself for losses. This isn't good for his development or anyone else's on this team. It is frustrating to watch as a fan. I can't imagine how frustrating it is for the guys in the room. This will have an effect on them. Fire the ****ing coach. At least acknowledge that there will be some changes.

C'mon, most of us are hoping for good pick, but I think our first priority is to get SACCO OUT. That's the point IMO. Sacco needs to get canned and If this is needed, so be it.. He needs to go. Sucks, but it's better for us in long-term.

ANewHope

Nuggets|Avs|Broncos
May 26, 2011
We will see in the after game quotes, but my guess is that Duchene will not feel the same way.

All it's going to do is make him work harder and go all out in the off season. Look at last year, he went to town after a bad season. I'll expect the same this year.

People make too big of a deal of losing and it's affects on the team. This isn't a rec league or a bunch of 14 year old's. Hockey is there job, they still get paid. I'm sure it still sucks for them and it's tough but this season won't have any long term affects on anybody. Still pretty young, they'll move on from it like any other NHL player. Only becomes a problem when it's a 5-6 year stretch, guys like Rick Nash.

With the lockout you couldn't ask for a better year to have this type of season. Were losing alot of close games, games where were just not getting the bounces. If we end up getting a top 3 pick, Sacco gets the Axe than we could go into next year better than ever :D

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
I know how you feel, I get pissed when someone ruins a show or movie for me as well.

I remember playing Guild Wars several years back and some dude logged in with the user name "Dumbledore Dies" the day after "The Half Blood Prince" came out...really bummed me out. I haven't read the books but still giving away something like that just seemed like something Sean Avery would do.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
All it's going to do is make him work harder and go all out in the off season. Look at last year, he went to town after a bad season. I'll expect the same this year.

People make too big of a deal of losing and it's affects on the team. This isn't a rec league or a bunch of 14 year old's. Hockey is there job, they still get paid. I'm sure it still sucks for them and it's tough but this season won't have any long term affects on anybody. Still pretty young, they'll move on from it like any other NHL player. Only becomes a problem when it's a 5-6 year stretch, guys like Rick Nash.

With the lockout you couldn't ask for a better year to have this type of season. Were losing alot of close games, games where were just not getting the bounces. If we end up getting a top 3 pick, Sacco gets the Axe than we could go into next year better than ever :D

We could say It happened to Stastny as well. He lost his fire after many years of struggling. (okay it's only few seasons when he played last time in playoffs, so can't really blame it.)

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
Bottom three teams from last year are in playoffs this year. It's crazy how much can happen in one off-season. I'm just saying, we have had rough ride this season and team is definately underperforming, so I wouldn't worry too much. They will bounce back.

ANewHope

Nuggets|Avs|Broncos
May 26, 2011
We could say It happened to Stastny as well. He lost his fire after many years of struggling. (okay it's only few seasons when he played last time in playoffs, so can't really blame it.)

It's also a personality trait, and that's just a fact. Some guys are eventually going to dog it no matter what, some guys will always give it there all. We have a good group of players, one thing the Avs did right. None of a young core is going to mail it in because of this season. We got murdered by injuries early on, have had a few unlucky games(PHX one comes to mind) and have had some real close games that could have gone either way like tonight.

Players are no doubt defeated right now, that'll be gone and it'll be a fresh start going into next season. 3 years from now we'll agree we needed this season to get Sacco fired and pick up an elite talent. The freak out begins next season if were still in the basement, which we won't be.

bohlmeister

May 18, 2007
Bottom three teams from last year are in playoffs this year. It's crazy how much can happen in one off-season. I'm just saying, we have had rough ride this season and team is definately underperforming, so I wouldn't worry too much. They will bounce back.

Not sure why people are so optimistic that the same management team that built this team will build a better one next season.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
Not sure why but I lost it when I read this....

Brain Damage :biglaugh:

this is Zanon on the ice, :propeller

There is 1:16 remaining in the 3rd period and Greg Zanon is on the ice. WHO'S got brain damage?? :laugh:

Maybe Zanon was bought in to tank this season? Never thought about it before, but I It makes sense.

He was brought in as a depth guy, bottom pairing and he's being overused on a nightly basis. Again tonight played 21:48, 2nd after Matt Hunwick.

It doesn't matter what his name is, ANY bottom pairing, depth guy being used to ANCHOR our defense would have this same result.

Tank on.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad