Votes: 3 3.3%
  • Cup Finals loss

Votes: 12 13.3%
  • Cup champs

Votes: 66 73.3%

• Total voters

Avsfan1921

Oct 5, 2019
Really hope the d core can stay healthy. To me, that is the crux of our success. The team will go as far as the defence carries them… Kuempers play will be a close second imo but nothing is more important to this club than how the d performs.

Reactions: Reparlana

flyfysher

Mar 21, 2012
Assuming the Avs remain healthy and there are no bad game deciding calls then I’d say it’s likely they make the SCF. I see challenges from the Flames on the way there and possibly the Panthers or Bolts in the final. I think the Avs beat the Panthers by scores of like 7-4. The Avs have the advantage on D being more balanced and I like theIr ability to play defensively tough lines to play against and which can also score on you. With TB, it just depends on what version of Vasilevsky they get. But their ability to move the puck is proven. It should be fascinating to see JB’s lines and match ups. I wouldn’t be surprised to see JB be a lot more aggressive about using different line combos especially for particular situations than in the past. Let’s see if he can make in game adjustments. Overall I really like the Avs’ odds of winning the SC. Too bad Meyer can’t play in the POs.

The Moops

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2017
Earth
Assuming the Avs remain healthy and there are no bad game deciding calls then I’d say it’s likely they make the SCF. I see challenges from the Flames on the way there and possibly the Panthers or Bolts in the final. I think the Avs beat the Panthers by scores of like 7-4. The Avs have the advantage on D being more balanced and I like theIr ability to play defensively tough lines to play against and which can also score on you. With TB, it just depends on what version of Vasilevsky they get. But their ability to move the puck is proven. It should be fascinating to see JB’s lines and match ups. I wouldn’t be surprised to see JB be a lot more aggressive about using different line combos especially for particular situations than in the past. Let’s see if he can make in game adjustments. Overall I really like the Avs’ odds of winning the SC. Too bad Meyer can’t play in the POs.
Staying healthy and Bednar making adjustments are my only concern. He always seems like it takes just an extra game or 2 to make adjustments sometimes

Tweaky

Solid #2
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2009
Singapore/Thailand
Just waiting for that key long term injury that will keep us asking "What if?" for the rest of our lives.
1650252197380.png

Reactions: Jazzguitar

redandyellowcametobe

Jan 4, 2019
I’m nervous.

This summer I found myself a bit more disinterested in what the Avs were doing. I think I was bummed the f out after the Vegas series. I remember telling my wife when the season started that I wasn’t going to be so committed as the many years prior. Maybe a bit of a defense mechanism. Season started and they looked shaky and was like yep, it’s going to be a bit rough but good thing I’m not so emotionally invested 😂😂

Then they go on a crazy home streak and play some of the best hockey I’ve seen the Avs play this season. Now here we are and I’m more damn committed than last year. So, here we are. Avs faithful thru and thru.

• Love
Reactions: Reparlana

Reparlana

Nov 2, 2011
Manitou springs
Cup or bust. Mack contract and depth will probably never be as good. I think some are being too harsh about the future, we'll still be able to contend for a few more years if we get a goalie/resign Kuemper.

Reparlana

Nov 2, 2011
Manitou springs
I’m nervous.

This summer I found myself a bit more disinterested in what the Avs were doing. I think I was bummed the f out after the Vegas series. I remember telling my wife when the season started that I wasn’t going to be so committed as the many years prior.
Last year's loss cut deep. I wanted to temper expectations until the actual playoffs started but am once again super hyped.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad