GDT: Avs @ Pens - 5PM Mountain - The George-netto Avalanche

How many more road wins will we get in a row?

Votes: 10 25.6%

Votes: 6 15.4%

Votes: 7 17.9%

Votes: 8 20.5%

Votes: 6 15.4%

Votes: 9 23.1%

Votes: 18 46.2%

• Total voters

The Moops

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2017
Earth
INT. MONK'S CAFE - DAY

Jerry and Elaine sit at their usual booth, sipping coffee.

Jerry: (animated) You won't believe what happened, Elaine! George is the new goalie for the Colorado Avalanche.

Elaine: (incredulous) George? The goalie? You're kidding!

Jerry: (smirking) No joke, Elaine. He got scouted during an open practice, of all things.

INT. GEORGE'S APARTMENT - LIVING ROOM - NIGHT

George, wearing a Colorado Avalanche jersey, rushes into the room.

George: (ecstatic) It's official! George is the goalie for the Colorado Avalanche! And they're playing the Penguins tomorrow night!

Kramer enters, in his usual fashion.

Kramer: (excited) Avalanche, huh? You know, I once worked as an ice cream vendor at an Avalanche game.

George: (unimpressed) That's nice, Kramer.

INT. JERRY'S APARTMENT - KITCHEN - NIGHT

Jerry and Elaine discuss George's situation.

Jerry: (concerned) You think George can handle playing in the NHL?

Elaine: (doubtful) I don't know, Jerry. The man can't even handle ordering a pizza.

INT. AVS LOCKER ROOM - DAY

George stands in the locker room, surrounded by professional hockey players.

Coach: (pointing) George, you're our last line of defense. No pressure!

George: (panicked) Pressure? There's no pressure, right? Right?

INT. PENGUINS LOCKER ROOM - DAY

The Penguins are getting ready for the game. Sidney Crosby addresses his team.

Crosby: (confident) Alright, guys, we're up against George Costanza, the human five-hole. But remember, even the Titanic was unsinkable.

INT. AVALANCHE VS. PENGUINS GAME - NIGHT

The game is underway, and George is standing between the pipes. He's overly jittery, making wild and erratic movements.

Announcer: (on TV) And George Costanza is facing his first shot... and it's in! Penguins score!

George: (frustrated, referring to himself in the third person) George is getting upset!

George's performance starts to improve as the game progresses. He makes incredible saves, diving and blocking shots with finesse.

Announcer: (on TV) George Costanza is on fire! He's blocking everything the Penguins throw at him!

Jerry and Elaine watch the game on TV, amazed by George's transformation.

Elaine: (astonished) Jerry, George is actually good at this!

Jerry: (incredulous) It's like watching a butterfly emerge from a cocoon of self-doubt.

INT. AVS LOCKER ROOM - INTERMISSION

George returns to the locker room after the first period, greeted with cheers and applause from his teammates.

Coach: (impressed) George, that was incredible! Keep it up!

George: (confident, referring to himself in the third person) George knows what he's doing!

INT. PENGUINS BENCH - NIGHT

Kramer, dressed in an Avalanche jersey, sneaks into the Penguins bench area. He spots the water bottles and decides to add a "special ingredient" - a random, spicy condiment from his pocket.

Kramer: (whispering to himself) This ought to heat things up a bit!

Kramer squeezes a generous amount of the spicy condiment into the Penguins' water bottles. Little does he know, he's just turned their hydrating break into a fiery experience.

INT. AVALANCHE VS. PENGUINS GAME - CONTINUOUS

The game resumes, and the Penguins players, unknowingly, take sips from their water bottles. Their faces turn bright red, and they desperately reach for anything to cool their burning tongues. The Penguins lose their focus, and the Avalanche takes advantage, scoring multiple goals.

Announcer: (on TV) It's chaos on the Penguins' bench! Their tongues are on fire, and the Avalanche is taking full advantage!

The game ends with the Avalanche winning, and George is carried off the ice on the shoulders of his teammates.

INT. MONK'S CAFE - DAY

Jerry and Elaine meet George.

George: (proud, referring to himself in the third person) George did it! George is a natural-born goalie!

Elaine: (impressed) George, you've gone from the "human five-hole" to the "Mad Scientist of Saves"!

Jerry: (smiling) Well, who would've thought George would be the genius behind the mask?

As George basks in his newfound fame, it's clear that he has defied all expectations and turned out to be a great goalie, with a little unintended help from Kramer's fiery antics on the Penguins' bench.

george3.jpeg

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
Looking at the guide on my TV, apparently tonight's game against the Penguinos is NOT on NHL Center Ice. WTF am I paying for this shitty service?? Might as well find streams...

I think this is my last year, I'm done with paying for something that should be available to all on a PER TEAM basis for a much reduced price. The NHL can go f*** itself!

GAMMY'S GETTING UPSET!

The Moops

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2017
Earth
Looking at the guide on my TV, apparently tonight's game against the Penguinos is NOT on NHL Center Ice. WTF am I paying for this shitty service?? Might as well find streams...

I think this is my last year, I'm done with paying for something that should be available to all on a PER TEAM basis for a much reduced price. The NHL can go f*** itself!

GAMMY'S GETTING UPSET!
PM me I can hook you up.

I've been watching kittens for a decade+, but this is the first year I'm actually paying to watch games, and I'm only doing it because we're turning one of the apartments in the complex we just bought into an AirBnB and I'm paying for FuboTV for that, so I'm just mooching off of the business account paying for it. Honestly though I kind of prefer the kittens at times.

GeoRox89

Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom
That AI Constanza art is the best thing since once there was a random roadside sale (flea market maybe) on Main St in Vancouver with a giant framed print of Constanza posing like a French girl on the couch in his underwear

• Love
Reactions: The Moops

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
K-pop is what made humanity alive again. It is the 21st-century Renaissance. Brown-Eye Girls is the Michaelangelo, BTS is the da Vinci, Crayon Pop is the Raphael, Twice is the Donatello, and I could simply go on and on...I haven't even mentioned about Girls Generation or Blackpink yet.
Caught one!

(that was bait)

K-Pop is definitely not my thing, but I try not to judge folks on what they listen to. I love too many different genres and artists to really have true favorites but in the last hour or so my iTunes have shuffled through Kris Kristofferson, Scorpions, Hootie and the Blowfish, Journey, Dio, Sam Cooke and Lefty Frizzel. I imagine a good portion of the board would be skipping through everything but maybe the Scorpions and Dio, so I really don't have any room to criticize others here.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Caught one!

(that was bait)

K-Pop is definitely not my thing, but I try not to judge folks on what they listen to. I love too many different genres and artists to really have true favorites but in the last hour or so my iTunes have shuffled through Kris Kristofferson, Scorpions, Hootie and the Blowfish, Journey, Dio, Sam Cooke and Lefty Frizzel. I imagine a good portion of the board would be skipping through everything but maybe the Scorpions and Dio, so I really don't have any room to criticize others here.
Here, I'll give you an amazing song so you can give it a chance. This song can rival "When the Levees Break" or "Hey Jude" in sheer elegance and atmospheric complexity.

Raucherhusten

Unselfish Gif Lover
Aug 24, 2017
Over the rainbow
Yeah, "Friends" ... one of the best sitcoms of the 90's. I'm still pissed that George never had a shot at Monica - these two were meant to be together. At least we got Kramer and Phoebe ...

Let's go Aves btw. First game of the season after the last one!

Reactions: MacKaRant

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Bednar said he would talk to George and Parkkila about the goalies' schedule. I don't think this decision of playing George comes from Bednar. I just don't see George being tired. The schedule has been pretty light so far and will remain pretty light until at least Nov 9th. I'm sure they will give a game to Prostvetov before that date to see what they have in him but I doubt the decision will be because George is tired.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Bad move playing George tonight. His last two outings havent been great and now he has to deal with Bryan Rust. Should have gone with prostate and let George take on Tage.

He shouldn't be burnt yet, more worried about later. Let him rest before Vegas at least, but the games go 29, 1, 4..

This spread out schedule is interesting..

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
INT. MONK'S CAFE - DAY

Jerry and Elaine sit at their usual booth, sipping coffee.

Jerry: (animated) You won't believe what happened, Elaine! George is the new goalie for the Colorado Avalanche.

Elaine: (incredulous) George? The goalie? You're kidding!

Jerry: (smirking) No joke, Elaine. He got scouted during an open practice, of all things.

INT. GEORGE'S APARTMENT - LIVING ROOM - NIGHT

George, wearing a Colorado Avalanche jersey, rushes into the room.

George: (ecstatic) It's official! George is the goalie for the Colorado Avalanche! And they're playing the Penguins tomorrow night!

Kramer enters, in his usual fashion.

Kramer: (excited) Avalanche, huh? You know, I once worked as an ice cream vendor at an Avalanche game.

George: (unimpressed) That's nice, Kramer.

Jerry and Elaine discuss George's situation.

Jerry: (concerned) You think George can handle playing in the NHL?

Elaine: (doubtful) I don't know, Jerry. The man can't even handle ordering a pizza.

INT. AVS LOCKER ROOM - DAY

George stands in the locker room, surrounded by professional hockey players.

Coach: (pointing) George, you're our last line of defense. No pressure!

George: (panicked) Pressure? There's no pressure, right? Right?

INT. PENGUINS LOCKER ROOM - DAY

The Penguins are getting ready for the game. Sidney Crosby addresses his team.

Crosby: (confident) Alright, guys, we're up against George Costanza, the human five-hole. But remember, even the Titanic was unsinkable.

INT. AVALANCHE VS. PENGUINS GAME - NIGHT

The game is underway, and George is standing between the pipes. He's overly jittery, making wild and erratic movements.

Announcer: (on TV) And George Costanza is facing his first shot... and it's in! Penguins score!

George: (frustrated, referring to himself in the third person) George is getting upset!

George's performance starts to improve as the game progresses. He makes incredible saves, diving and blocking shots with finesse.

Announcer: (on TV) George Costanza is on fire! He's blocking everything the Penguins throw at him!

Jerry and Elaine watch the game on TV, amazed by George's transformation.

Elaine: (astonished) Jerry, George is actually good at this!

Jerry: (incredulous) It's like watching a butterfly emerge from a cocoon of self-doubt.

INT. AVS LOCKER ROOM - INTERMISSION

George returns to the locker room after the first period, greeted with cheers and applause from his teammates.

Coach: (impressed) George, that was incredible! Keep it up!

George: (confident, referring to himself in the third person) George knows what he's doing!

INT. PENGUINS BENCH - NIGHT

Kramer, dressed in an Avalanche jersey, sneaks into the Penguins bench area. He spots the water bottles and decides to add a "special ingredient" - a random, spicy condiment from his pocket.

Kramer: (whispering to himself) This ought to heat things up a bit!

Kramer squeezes a generous amount of the spicy condiment into the Penguins' water bottles. Little does he know, he's just turned their hydrating break into a fiery experience.

INT. AVALANCHE VS. PENGUINS GAME - CONTINUOUS

The game resumes, and the Penguins players, unknowingly, take sips from their water bottles. Their faces turn bright red, and they desperately reach for anything to cool their burning tongues. The Penguins lose their focus, and the Avalanche takes advantage, scoring multiple goals.

Announcer: (on TV) It's chaos on the Penguins' bench! Their tongues are on fire, and the Avalanche is taking full advantage!

The game ends with the Avalanche winning, and George is carried off the ice on the shoulders of his teammates.

INT. MONK'S CAFE - DAY

Jerry and Elaine meet George.

George: (proud, referring to himself in the third person) George did it! George is a natural-born goalie!

Elaine: (impressed) George, you've gone from the "human five-hole" to the "Mad Scientist of Saves"!

Jerry: (smiling) Well, who would've thought George would be the genius behind the mask?

As George basks in his newfound fame, it's clear that he has defied all expectations and turned out to be a great goalie, with a little unintended help from Kramer's fiery antics on the Penguins' bench.

View attachment 758215
George with a "little stick" problem, again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad