Proposal: Avs - Oilers

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
Values are not far off.

AVs likely pass, due to having too many similar bottom 6 type grinding players. Just offer a 3rd round pick or prospect.

Ghetto would be a a great fit for the Oilers though.

Third is too much. Oilers wouldn't want to give up that much.

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
With Rattie back and healthy and playing very good, as well as Zykov making a good impression in his first game last night and looks to stick if he keeps it up, I don't see any rhyme or reason for acquiring Ghetto at all. Both our guys do fine on bottom lines, at least so far. Rattie and Zykov also have had better goal scoring rates in the AHL compared to Ghetto (about 27 and 25 goals respectively per 80 games, compared to 22 for Ghetto, which doesn't win me over much). Zykov is two years younger, and Rattie is the same age, so it's not like there's a huge possibility of a payoff in terms of potential over those two. I don't think he moves the needle for us at all, I don't see where he'd possibly fit in the lineup, thus I'd have no interest. I'd frankly rather have the two guys I already mentioned we have, and it's not like I expect them to break out huge.

howboutahug

Mar 20, 2018
Rocky Mountains
I'd to Kassian for Ghetto, and I'd most likely pull the trigger with Jost for Puljujarvi. I'm confident in Compher or Kerfoot taking that 2C spot going forward. Avs desperately need wingers.

BudBundy

May 16, 2005
Khaira had more goals last year than the speedy scorer - albeit in more games - and has really been coming on lately. Just got his second assist of the night and has points in four straight. Edmonton should pass.

You want a gritty PK type, Kassian just scored. Deal?
Boo! I like Kass. Sure he’s half nuts but I like him because he’s half nuts.

Mighty Makar

I hate this fu*ken team
May 24, 2016
I'd to Kassian for Ghetto, and I'd most likely pull the trigger with Jost for Puljujarvi. I'm confident in Compher or Kerfoot taking that 2C spot going forward. Avs desperately need wingers.
Puljujarvi is dumber than a door knob. Jost is already better and will only get better.

Reactions: cgf

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
I see absolutely zero use for Andrighetto on the Oilers. Not for Khaira, Kassian, Cagguila or a pick.

I do think 'Ghetto has the highest potential out of all the bums that play on McDavid wing to produce, but I agree that time has passed.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
I see absolutely zero use for Andrighetto on the Oilers. Not for Khaira, Kassian, Cagguila or a pick.

You really don't have a need for him. He's an ok player on a bottom feeder if you just want a little more talent than you typical plug...but he's not very good and he's injured all the time.

Reactions: Homesick

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
You really don't have a need for him. He's an ok player on a bottom feeder if you just want a little more talent than you typical plug...but he's not very good and he's injured all the time.

Thanks for the honesty. It hard to know everything about players on other teams.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I don't have anything against Kassian but I wouldn't move ghetto for him. Sven may not be tearing it up this season, but he gives us great depth in those speedsters with middle-6 skill...at least when he's between injuries...and I like his pluckiness. Plus with Wilson on the team, big Centers in Soderberg & Kamenev, and AJ Greer in the AHL -- chomping at the bit to finally get a real shot; we've got good size in our bottom 6.

What's missing is an elite #1 blueliner...which is generally cost prohibitive and maybe be solved internally down the road by Makar...and a 1b C. So the only Oilers that make any sense to me as trade targets are RNH & Drae to anchor our second line...but I suspect that they'd want Barrie for RNH and I wouldn't even consider moving him until we see how extension-talks go this summer. I mean if a package built around Tboobs got Drae, I'd have to think about it just because of how much I love Leon & how perfectly he'd fit with our core, but I can't imagine ownership would let Chia trade Drae even if he was dumb enough to do it.

..and even though Tyson still starts the season slowly, he just gets better & better and that kind of elite production from the backend is no joke. If Makar can consistently produce like Barrie he'll have been a successful pick regardless of whether his two-way game translates as well. So giving Tyson up for RNH would be a no go for me as well...although I'd happily add a few premium futures -- anything other than Makar or the OTT pick* -- to upgrade from Kerfoot to RNH; should the coaching-change-boost wear off quickly & the oilers find themselves out of it again by the TDL.

*though I'd prefer to keep Kaut over our other top prospects (Timmins or Bowers); since we have redundancies for Timms & Bowers in Meloche & Kamenev. While Kaut is our only big body RS winger in the organization...hell he's our only big body RS forward other than MacKinnon.

Last edited:

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
He’s not bad in his own end at all, which is why he was converted to the PK in the first place.

The biggest drawback is he will take at least one jaw droppingly stupid penalty every 3 games or so. He gets a few reputation calls as well.

I like the player but he’s just too expensive.[snip]

Ah...so he's Lake Como :sarcasm:

Ewwwww. Jost may still need a better Center to play with & to get stronger, but he's getting there. While Pulju has done little to address the concerns that some of us had about him as a prospect. Hard pass on that reclamation project.

And wtf? Jost is a winger...as is Compher...thus why we need to find a quality 1bC.

Last edited:

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
I do think 'Ghetto has the highest potential out of all the bums that play on McDavid wing to produce, but I agree that time has passed.
When a player is 25 years old I think we can drop the "potential" in any conversation

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
When a player is 25 years old I think we can drop the "potential" in any conversation
Potential's not the right word, but his #s depend greatly on his usage. Playing on our 4th line with Kamenev is going to lead to totally different results than when he got to play with MacK n Mikko during the 2016-2017 season, or what he'd produce in place of one of those "bums that play on McDavid's wing", ya know?

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
Potential's not the right word, but his #s depend greatly on his usage. Playing on our 4th line with Kamenev is going to lead to totally different results than when he got to play with MacK n Mikko during the 2016-2017 season, or what he'd produce in place of one of those "bums that play on McDavid's wing", ya know?
Andrighetto brings nothing else to the table like Chiasson, Cagguila, Khaira, or Kassian do.
He's the Euro version of Ty Rattie

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Andrighetto brings nothing else to the table like Chiasson, Cagguila, Khaira, or Kassian do.
He's the Euro version of Ty Rattie

He’s a chippy forechecker who uses his speed well in that respect as well & he’s more skilled than that lot :dunno:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad