Rumor: Avs may bring back Alex Kerfoot

DustyDangler

Dec 20, 2023
I don’t understand the hate for Kerfoot. He’s the perfect utility player. Can play up and down the lineup in any position. Puts up decent point, plays well defensively. Seems like the type of player contenders would covet at the deadline. I hope we hang on to him. Ship Bjugstad out instead.
The people in this thread do not deserve him and I suspect they are judging based on what he was vs what he is. Hope he stays put.

nightonthesun

Sep 8, 2013
New Jersey
I have no issue with him playing a bottom 6 role behind the 2c we are definitely, of course, assuredly, without a doubt going to trade for

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Okay. I think I see the confusion. He’s saying Bjugstad and Kerfoot on the blog and on the pod rather than Zucker and Kerfoot. It’s basically all interchangeable lol

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
As an Avs fan, I barfed in my mouth a little when I read this... It tastes awful. Thanks Sakic and bozo GM.

Now do not do it!

Kerfoot+Vejmelka for Johansen and the ‘24 1st
No can do. This locks in Kerfoot as our 2C next year and that's terrible. I'd be more interested in this if Kerfoot was on an expiring deal, but the term on Kerfoot's deal is a big negative.

Avs need to figure something out this summer for 2C and if that's Kerfoot... oy vey.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Kerfoot+Vejmelka for Johansen and the ‘24 1st
How about Kerfoot + Dumba (50%) for 2024 1st + RyJo + some type of add (Oskar Olausson?)

Dumba could be Byram's partner. So Bo doesn't need to keep dragging around Jack Johnson playing on Bo's off hand. Or he could partner with Girard.

Reactions: YotesFan47

dirtydanglez

Oct 30, 2022
No team will win a Cup with Alex Kerfoot as their 2C, regardless of the goaltending
they said the same about jack johnson playing defense.

avs are 2nd in the league in goals per game. that's with no 2c and no landeskog. adding kerfoot and landeskog while fixing goaltending makes them a serious contender.

WarriorOfGandhi

Was saying Boo-urns
Jul 31, 2007
Denver, CO
I don’t understand the hate for Kerfoot. He’s the perfect utility player. Can play up and down the lineup in any position. Puts up decent point, plays well defensively. Seems like the type of player contenders would covet at the deadline. I hope we hang on to him. Ship Bjugstad out instead.
regardless of how Keefoot has played in Coyotes silks, he was unforgivably frustrating to watch while on the Avs. He rode shotgun with MacKinnon and Rantanen in the ‘19 playoffs and the puck died every. single. time it went on his stick. I’m too lazy to go look up giveaway statistics from that playoff year but I would bet anything Kerfoot had at least 50

Freaky Styley

Aug 14, 2007
redlinerapport.blogspot.ca
they said the same about jack johnson playing defense.

avs are 2nd in the league in goals per game. that's with no 2c and no landeskog. adding kerfoot and landeskog while fixing goaltending makes them a serious contender.
:huh: who said what about Jack Johnson? It's like saying that you won't win the Cup with Jack Johnson in your top 4... which would be correct.

As a #6, JJ is fine and has been great this season especially.

Yes, with Nichuskin and hopefully Landeskog back, Avs will have more secondary scoring. Still, look at Kerfoot's playoff numbers. He's just not a guy a contender wins with playing a prominent role.

Linds

Makalder
Jun 20, 2016
Canada
Its because Avs fans are well aware of his playoff contributions

Reactions: katfude

dirtydanglez

Oct 30, 2022
Landy isnt coming back, not this year, probably not ever.

cant see kerfoot being a piece the avs covet, rather roll with what we have and the Kovalenko wild card than aquire him
im guessing landeskog will be making an appearance these playoffs.

Dead Coyote

Oct 10, 2017
How about Kerfoot + Dumba (50%) for 2024 1st + RyJo + some type of add (Oskar Olausson?)

Dumba could be Byram's partner. So Bo doesn't need to keep dragging around Jack Johnson playing on Bo's off hand. Or he could partner with Girard.
no take backs

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
HFAvs joking about him being our only deadline move. And now we hear about Kerfoot. I'm legit scared.
How about something outside the box like Kotkaniemi. I am sure the Canes would happily give him up and still may have some untapped potential.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
no take backs
I’m fine with the deal. Avs usually waste their picks and RyJo is such a bad fit stylicistly. If we could grab a decent RHD for our 3rd pair and a 3C type in kerfoot that can PK and skate… we’d have a better lineup. Better balance than we have today.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad