GDT: Avs @ Kings - 11/21/18 8:30PM - Dethroned

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan

No Sven again.

I think it's become fairly obvious that Bednar wants one scrub.. I mean grinder on each line, but I think Compher plays that role well enough that Neato does not need to be there.

Landeskog = 1st line scrub

Wilson = 2nd line scrub

Calvert = 3rd line scrub

Neato = 4th line scrub

lol, it's also funny that I don't think anyone can argue against Dries being better offensively than Calvert.

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
Of course, just saying they need to prove this for a longer stretch before I get all happy goofy regarding how good they are. I'd love nothing more than to see this team become more consistent.

It's actually kind of funny how quiet our GDTs are post game when they play complete games lol. People must just log off satisfied and pass out.

Hahaha, right ! And agree with you about consistency...but we are getting there. I tend to post more when we are winning as well.
It's hard though with the time zoning. Games are on in the middle of work hours for me mostly. Stinks. Then on weekends, I'm always out and about.

Overall, we are on the incline. I always try and temper my negativity (I get way too negative at times), because the bad stuff is short lived. I tend to vent on Twitter hahaha.
Next day, I'm like WTF did I say LOL.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

Piestany88

Sep 29, 2017
Hahaha, right ! And agree with you about consistency...but we are getting there. I tend to post more when we are winning as well.
It's hard though with the time zoning. Games are on in the middle of work hours for me mostly. Stinks. Then on weekends, I'm always out and about.

Overall, we are on the incline. I always try and temper my negativity (I get way too negative at times), because the bad stuff is short lived. I tend to vent on Twitter hahaha.
Next day, I'm like WTF did I say LOL.
Avs are contenders now. Let the boys grow a little more this year , Kaut and Makar could be here by the playoffs . Pierre McGuire was spot on when he said it could be a Tampa /Avs Stanley Cup final.

Piestany88

Sep 29, 2017
Nah, not there yet.
I think so . The Pacific is terrible outside of Calgary and we are right there with Winnipeg and Nashville. Injuries hurt last season in the playoffs. No team will be able to contain the top line in a playoff best of 7 series and our top players are better than Winnipeg's . Avs in my book are going to to finish ahead of the Jets and possibly the Preds as well. Pierre McGuire wasnt jokinb when he stated we could be a cup finalist. Avs are the fastest team in the league by a country mile .

Some home games coming up and our goal diffential is better than Nashville and the Jets. Special teams are better and that is the difference in most games . "I believe "

Last edited:

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
I think so . The Pacific is terrible outside of Calgary and we are right there with Winnipeg and Nashville. Injuries hurt last season in the playoffs. No team will be able to contain the top line in a playoff best of 7 series and our top players are better than Winnipeg's . Avs in my book are going to to finish ahead of the Jets and possibly the Preds as well.
We're right there with Winnipeg/Nashville yes, but we're not in their tier yet. All the games against them this season has been 'yeah, we're not quite there yet'

Piestany88

Sep 29, 2017
We're right there with Winnipeg/Nashville yes, but we're not in their tier yet. All the games against them this season has been 'yeah, we're not quite there yet'
I think we are , your over estimating
those teams once again.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
I think we are , your over estimating
those teams once again.

Big difference between regular season and post season. I know we went 6 games against Nashville last year but I still don't think we're in that Nashville/Winnipeg tier. Those two teams can dominate us when they decide to turn it up.

Piestany88

Sep 29, 2017
Big difference between regular season and post season. I know we went 6 games against Nashville last year but I still don't think we're in that Nashville/Winnipeg tier. Those two teams can dominate us when they decide to turn it up.
Why we had a - 3rd string goalie and injuries to important players Avs are improving the Jets and Preds aren't. Stop listening to the media and be ur own man . Break the players from each team down for me .We come ahead. Your hard core Conservative

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Why we had a - 3rd string goalie and injuries to important players Avs are improving the Jets and Preds aren't. Stop listening to the media and be ur own man . Break the players from each team down for me .We come ahead. Your hard core Conservative
Lol because I don't agree with you I don't have my own opinion, brilliant analysis once again.

I'll entertain you for a minute.

I'm not going to break down every single player for you, do it yourself.
But Winnipeg has much better offensive depth. Schiefele, Ehlers, Laine, Wheeler, Connor, Little.
Also better defense. Buff, Trouba, Morrissey (incredibly underrated), Myers.
With both Varly/Hellebuyck at their best it's close to a draw.

Not to mention the massive size advantage they have over us throughout their roster.

I'd say we have better top end talent than Nashville but they have better depth throughout. They obviously have better D as they IMO have the best defense in the league. Varly vs Rinne I'd say Varly, but given their defense and depth they'd still be a favourite over us.

We have a bright future but we're not there yet.

Last edited:
Reactions: Perratrooper

Piestany88

Sep 29, 2017

I'm also going by hardcore inside Info from the birthplace of hockey , Nova Scotia. Word is the Avs and most talk around the league is the Avs are for real . Drinking Nates cousin , Everything's copasetic

To the window!
Jan 15, 2011
North Cackolacka
I actually think Pierre is one year off and that we will just win a playoff series this year, but be pretty top notch next year. But you never know, we do look pretty good, really. We did go toe to toe with Tampa ( at home ) I don’t know, should be a fun ride at least. I’m just glad to watch meaningful games again. It’s been a while.

Last edited:

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
I'm also going by hardcore inside Info from the birthplace of hockey , Nova Scotia. Word is the Avs and most talk around the league is the Avs are for real . Drinking Nates cousin , Everything's copasetic

Would love to agree, but they need more size and firepower.

NSH, WPG and CGY have more size and depth. Being a 1 line team, it’s much easier to contain and harder to neutralize their other lines. Already exposed during recent games this season, they don’t have enough depth and remain a poor possession team.

However, the future is extremely bright. So not only are the youngsters beyond the top line improving, but with Makar, Kaut, Timmins, Meloche, Bowers and the 2019 picks be much needed additions, unfortunately over the next 1-2 years.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto

NSH, WPG and CGY have more size and depth. Being a 1 line team, it’s much easier to contain and harder to neutralize their other lines. Already exposed during recent games this season, they don’t have enough depth and remain a poor possession team.

However, the future is extremely bright. So not only are the youngsters beyond the top line improving, but with Makar, Kaut, Timmins, Meloche, Bowers and the 2019 picks be much needed additions, unfortunately over the next 1-2 years.

Our depth is looking much better after Compher came back but we need to be very lucky not to have any injuries, So we could have a good deep run in playoffs. We don't have the depth to lose one single key offensive player. Imagine losing one, Landeskog, MacK or Rantanen .Even that would hurt us a lot.

Piestany88

Sep 29, 2017

Well the Avs are stronger down the middle then all 3 of those teams and have a lot of guys that can play c if injuries arise. Add to that , the top line is virtually impossible to contain . Kaut will likely be called up at some point before the playoffs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad