Votes: 10 9.2%

• Total voters

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Step By Step, man there's some memories. I think they had a crossover between Family Matters and SBS when they literally launched Steve Urkel out of some crazy contraption he invented and he flew all the way from Chicago to Wisconsin and landed in the SBS family's pool.

Married...With Children is the one that stands out most because I'm pretty sure about 70% of the jokes on there would not cut it on today's television.

Reactions: forsbergavs32

GeoRox89

Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom
JoJo in net so 5-3 Ducks

Red Dwarf for sitcom but if it’s supposed to be an American one then no idea. I actually really liked Seinfeld growing up but tried to rewatch it years later and couldn’t get into it anymore. I liked Friends as a kid too but it aged horribly.

Reactions: xAvsx89

Snow Arc

New doctor; Please be patient
Aug 14, 2020
ohal.gif

cinchronicity

Jan 16, 2021
Durango
I propose the late 90s NewsRadio. It lasted for 4 years and was a critic's darling, but never got traction. Sadly, Phil Hartman was murdered prior to that 4th season but Jon Lovitz was at his funniest replacing Hartman. (I did not love Lovitz on SNL, btw.)

This is the week for Bednar to earn the raise he just got. Every single GD game from here on is a Game 7. There is no room for lazy 1st periods, nor sleepy 3rd periods. On the plus side, the Minny and Dallas games are away, and the Avs seems to have an outstanding away game playoff mentality.

I know it's been asked before, but why the hell did we trade for Kinkaid, if he is not good enough to kick JoJo down a wrung.

Reactions: niwotsblessing

Grigowski

Jul 6, 2016
The 80s and 90s....What a great time to be alive and a child/teenager...

So many sitcoms i love to this day....
The wonder years, Family Ties,.....Just to name some more....

Anyway, back to the game tonight:
Don't let the foot of the gas and go for the early kill.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
I propose the late 90s NewsRadio. It lasted for 4 years and was a critic's darling, but never got traction. Sadly, Phil Hartman was murdered prior to that 4th season but Jon Lovitz was at his funniest replacing Hartman. (I did not love Lovitz on SNL, btw.)

This is the week for Bednar to earn the raise he just got. Every single GD game from here on is a Game 7. There is no room for lazy 1st periods, nor sleepy 3rd periods. On the plus side, the Minny and Dallas games are away, and the Avs seems to have an outstanding away game playoff mentality.

I know it's been asked before, but why the hell did we trade for Kinkaid, if he is not good enough to kick JoJo down a wrung.
We traded for Kinkaid for the pads. He's not worth playing now he got rid of them.

• Haha
Reactions: niwotsblessing

Avs2022

Jan 4, 2011
The Wonder Years was great for me when I was a kid, I loved that show. I also loved watching Growing Pains.

Reactions: Bowe Byrum

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
Did CBS have anything worth mentioning during this period? It seems like everything is NBC, ABC, or Fox (and mostly NBC and ABC).

JudoKoala

The Ghost of Joe Sacco
Aug 10, 2020
Toronto
That was a hard choice for me between Married with children and Seinfeld. Went with Married with children because Kelly Bundy was my first crush. Her and Kimberly the pink ranger. 😍
Amy Jo Johnson, oh man... Seeing her in those spandex shorts and pink sports bra as a young boy was the first time in my life I experienced that thing called love.

amyjj.gif

(She's still a total babe today and continues to makes me swoon :laugh:)

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Did CBS have anything worth mentioning during this period? It seems like everything is NBC, ABC, or Fox (and mostly NBC and ABC).
Not really. NBC ruled the airwaves in the 80s and 90s, ABC had some big hits, Fox had Married With Children but wouldn't become a ratings juggernaut until they started American Idol, which aired twice a week. But NBC was still king. Ironically I remember when all the networks in Denver switched channels for reasons that escape me, the guy who ran KCNC-4 was annoyed because he went from NBC to CBS, which was flagging in ratings at the time.

CBS didn't really have any hit sitcoms at the time, it was shows like Magnum P.I., Murder She Wrote, and stuff like that. They gained ground in the mid-nineties (I think) when shows like Murphy Brown showed up.

Once CBS got CSI and cloned it like 80 times, they took over. Also, 2.5 Men and The Big Bang Theory were giant hits for them as well.

Nowadays it feels like ALL the networks and streaming services are struggling.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Boy Meets World for me. I was 7 when that show first aired in '93 and to this day I get the biggest waves of nostalgia whenever I see it.

Reactions: GeoRox89

Avs2022

Jan 4, 2011
80s/90s sit-com?

The Cosby Show
Growing Pains
My Two Dads
Perfect Strangers
Family Ties
Alf
Cheers
Who's The Boss?
Night Court
Wings
Fraser
Home Improvement
Coach

The Wonder Years wasn't a sitcom though.
Yes, I agree. Someone mentioned it earlier, so I wanted to give it credit also.

Reactions: Bill Peckerskull

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad