Pre-Game Talk: Avs @ Coyotes

Status
Not open for further replies.

KG

Sep 23, 2010
My friend is a big Avs fan. I hope we win so I can talk ****. Otherwise I'll have to hear it from him.

Vip

Coyotes/Cardinals/Jazz/RSL
Jul 25, 2010
Same here ^

IMO the Avs just got off to a hot start. I doubt they will keep it up the rest of the year. They will make the playoffs but they are not Presidents cup worthy.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
I am not sure they will make the playoffs. As great as there start is, they are 3 points from being out with 60 games left. I think the Hawks and Blues are the two toughest teams we have faced, I think they will make it with the Sharks and Ducks. I want to say Coyotes too, but I don't want to jinx us...AVS get the Hawks Tuesday night before us...

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
It's way too early in the season to even start thinking about Playoffs, but the best the Avs could do right now is be tied with the Hawks for leading the Central since they have 2 games in hand. They had a torrent of a start, but are they going to be able to keep it up? I doubt it. Every game counts, that's for sure. And the way we have been playing, I like our chances against the Avs. Hell, I like our chances against everyone. We need to beat the Ducks though, and get that monkey off our back.

CC96

Serious Offender
Nov 6, 2012
Mesa, Arizona
Here's to hoping Mo, Z, and Rusty are back.

OEL-Michalek
Yandle-Morris
Klesla-Stone

Looks pretty god damned good right now.

God I almost wish the NHL changed the rules this season and let teams ice 4 defense pairings, we would be unstoppable, haha.

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ

OEL-Michalek
Yandle-Morris
Klesla-Stone

The only real weakness of that defensive corps is that Klesla-Stone isn't all that mobile and will likely have trouble with speed. But their physicality does compensate for it.

The Avs are going to be a good test Thursday night. Lots of speed in that lineup.

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
The only real weakness of that defensive corps is that Klesla-Stone isn't all that mobile and will likely have trouble with speed. But their physicality does compensate for it.

The Avs are going to be a good test Thursday night. Lots of speed in that lineup.
and that's the beauty of depth. Schlemko is faster and maybe better suited for a team like the Avs....that said, doubt they would sit Rusty again "just because" and Stone's offense keeps him in the line-up.

cobra427

May 6, 2012

Schlemko is more mobile then Stone, but I am not sure how to keep Stone out of the line up with his scoring. I think Stone is in from now on...I think we are fine with Schlemko/Stone if Rusty gets moved...

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
Schlemko is more mobile then Stone, but I am not sure how to keep Stone out of the line up with his scoring. I think Stone is in from now on...I think we are fine with Schlemko/Stone if Rusty gets moved...

What kind of return could we get for him though? The guy can't stay healthy, that has to be a negative if we try to move him.

I love Rusty though, I love all of our D. I don't want to move any of them. I realize it's going to happen(or should happen at least), but it's going to suck seeing any of them moved.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
What kind of return could we get for him though? The guy can't stay healthy, that has to be a negative if we try to move him.

I love Rusty though, I love all of our D. I don't want to move any of them. I realize it's going to happen(or should happen at least), but it's going to suck seeing any of them moved.

Most likely return is a rental for rental swap, top 6 forward from the east for Klesla 3/4 D man. Unless we can get the guy we want, Michalek type player, I had rather keep him too, then let him walk as a UFA. A younger top 6 on a better contract would be the ideal solution but that will require some younger assets going to a rebuilding non-playoff team. We have the young assets but not enough room to take on the payroll. If we could combine Klesla/Runblad to say Colorado for one of their young forwards like ROR, that could work, or something similar...

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Even without Duchene and Tanguay, the Avs are manhandling the Hawks tonight. Hopefully the boys are rested, healed-up, and ready to go right out of the gate.

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
If we could combine Klesla/Runblad to say Colorado for one of their young forwards like ROR, that could work, or something similar...

Colorado isn't a good trading partner for us. Really, the only move that would be fair for both teams is Klesla for McGinn, but I highly doubt the Avs will move McGinn. They already have a Rundblad-type in their pipeline in Stefan Elliot.

Longwayfromhome

Sweden/London, UK.
Oct 18, 2013
Colorado isn't a good trading partner for us. Really, the only move that would be fair for both teams is Klesla for McGinn, but I highly doubt the Avs will move McGinn. They already have a Rundblad-type in their pipeline in Stefan Elliot.

And don't forget Ty Barrie.

yotefan4life

Jul 11, 2006

I would have done Klesla for Downie...but the Avs wanted Talbot...

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
God I almost wish the NHL changed the rules this season and let teams ice 4 defense pairings, we would be unstoppable, haha.

We can. We'd just have to roll with 10 forwards...

mesamonster

Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ.

OEL-Michalek
Yandle-Morris
Klesla-Stone

D-Mo back would be heplful! I think the Rusty Klesla days are numbered, next to some of the younger talent on D he looks slow and relatively old.

SweYote

Jun 7, 2011
Lund, Sweden

Let's revolutionize the game and ice defense lines and forward pairings :yo:

Hanzal-Vrbata
Ribeiro-Boedker
Vermette-Doan
Moss-Korpikoski

OEL-Michalek-Stone
Yandle-Morris-Summers
Gormley-Klesla-Rundblad

Desert Ice 11

I'm here!
Aug 9, 2012
Tempe