Confirmed with Link: Avs claim Andrew Bodnarchuk from CBJ

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I actually thought he got exposed a bit more last night but was still ok. He had a few turnovers in the 2nd that resulted in zone time for Nashville, one of which was him giving it away after a hit. He did get crushed, possession wise. I have noticed he struggles a bit with a forecheck and physical play coming at him, but at the same time he's not afraid to play physical himself. I do like his skating.

I wouldn't read much into the Altitude guys staying quiet. They probably can't pronounce his name.

Moser struggled with this a ton on the radio

bohlmeister

May 18, 2007
I actually thought he got exposed a bit more last night but was still ok. He had a few turnovers in the 2nd that resulted in zone time for Nashville, one of which was him giving it away after a hit. He did get crushed, possession wise. I have noticed he struggles a bit with a forecheck and physical play coming at him, but at the same time he's not afraid to play physical himself. I do like his skating.

I wouldn't read much into the Altitude guys staying quiet. They probably can't pronounce his name.

Would you say that you like Gormley better than him? I realize he is younger, but his skating is a bit of a problem on the rush, and playing with Guenin he was pretty dangerous as both could get exposed speed wise. Gormley seemed to always pass one to the other team once a game as well.

Bod would be an ideal 7-8th defender while younger players get lots of playing time in the minors. Can take Guenin's spot if we are playing a quicker team.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
Would you say that you like Gormley better than him? I realize he is younger, but his skating is a bit of a problem on the rush, and playing with Guenin he was pretty dangerous as both could get exposed speed wise. Gormley seemed to always pass one to the other team once a game as well.

Bod would be an ideal 7-8th defender while younger players get lots of playing time in the minors. Can take Guenin's spot if we are playing a quicker team.
I'd certainly prefer him to Guenin, if only for his skating. Not really sure on Gormley, as it's only been two games. Gormley isn't a great skater but I think he's really smart with his stick and breaks up a lot of plays in the neutral zone because of it. If the plan is to let both sit in the press box, not sure it really matters. I don't mind Gormley going to the AHL just to keep playing but there's a concern with how much ice time there is to go around down there.

bohlmeister

May 18, 2007
I'd certainly prefer him to Guenin, if only for his skating. Not really sure on Gormley, as it's only been two games. Gormley isn't a great skater but I think he's really smart with his stick and breaks up a lot of plays in the neutral zone because of it. If the plan is to let both sit in the press box, not sure it really matters. I don't mind Gormley going to the AHL just to keep playing but there's a concern with how much ice time there is to go around down there.

Yeah, agree with that. Just think that Gormley seems to make at least a few mistakes a game that lead to great chances against. I really wish he made more of an impact, but I guess there is a reason Maloney gave up on him. I would say Gorms is solid about 75% of the time.

Guenin is an anomaly. Nobody wants him playing, except for the coaching staff.

Funny story last night on Guenin though. When they asked the players what they would do if they won the powerball, Guenin said he would build a wall between his and Holden's stalls in the locker room. That is pretty good.

Last edited:

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
He's feisty, but its easy to see that he will get overmatched by big Western forwards like Barrie sometimes does. He also doesn't have the footspeed or mobility that Barrie does to make up for it. That Chicago goal where Hossa outmuscled him along the boards is a prime example.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
A few games in now and Bod basically looks like a carbon copy of Matt Hunwick to me. Eerily similar stature, style, and effectiveness.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Like many before him with the Avs, he's being asked to play way above what he's capable of. For me it's hard to really get a read on him because of that too. I haven't been too impressed with his play but maybe he'd look more competent if he's playing 13-14 mins/gm with easier matchups.

Skip2myBordyloo

Stay the course
Apr 7, 2010
A few games in now and Bod basically looks like a carbon copy of Matt Hunwick to me. Eerily similar stature, style, and effectiveness.

Hunwick was a better skater though, not as good defensively I think, but he's seemed fine in New York and Toronto.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $4,740.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Monaco vs Clermont Foot
    Monaco vs Clermont Foot
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $770.00