Post-Game Talk: Avs and Big Z hit the Jackpot in Vegas

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
We need to get this back on track. Our loss against the Blues on Monday was clearly due to the fact the PGT wasn't posted before the GDT.

Anyway, great job from Zadorov once again. Really think he might be turning the page and developing into that do it all #1C that we thought he could be a few years ago. The way he uses his size down low and just intimidates his way to the front of the net all the time is fantastic. It was particularly funny watching Reeves just step aside and allow Zads that free goal in the 2nd period.

Was also great to see Colin Wilson last until the 2nd period before passing away(RIP).

The news of Cale Makar getting sent to the AHL mid game was quite the shock. But I guess it's something we all should have seen coming lately with his play deteriorating.

I'm not really sure how AJ Greer was able to appear out of nowhere from the penalty box, climb the top of the glass and bodyslam Paul Stastny mid game either. I'm sure he'll get an NHL suspension to go along with his AHL suspension for that trickery.

Oh and of course, nothing topped the Tyson Jost hat trick. The man is really proving to be quite the player. Looking forward to the Hall + Hughes for Jost trade in a few months time.

Overall. A solid 8/10 game and 2 huge points towards our quest for a 94-1-1 season.

SirLoinOfCloth

Apr 22, 2019
Colorado
I personally enjoyed Z's celebration of his second goal, but I think the whole riding his hockey stick around the rink like Harry Potter for over 15 minutes was a tad excessive. To be fair though, who is going to tell Z to stop? He'd smash them like a tent peg.

Reactions: SaltySkywalker

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
Z accidentally smashed Wilson. Poor guy, he had to be taken out on a stretcher.

RockyMtnRedhawk

Feb 25, 2014
Denver
Talked to PEB after the game, and he's hosting an afterparty for all Avs fans at Chateau Night Club at the Eiffel Tower. See you there.

Crossfire Hurricane

Sponsor
Aug 19, 2006
Redondo Beach
Man, I know all the kids left in tears, but wasn't it a bit extreme to cancel all future Nevada Days?
Considering what happened to Reilly Smith, I wouldn't be surprised if they canceled Nevada altogether.
z.jpg

Boulder Avalanche

Pull the Goalie
Apr 9, 2013
I was not expecting Giguère to cause a blackout in the stadium so he could address the partying culture that led to Wilson needing to be resurrected after a wild night out. It has been really handy that Avalanche have hired a full-time voodoo priest on staff to resurrect Colin Wilson for every game.

Reactions: McMetal

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
Can you guys believe how trashed I got with all of the points MacK n Landy scored this game and the shots I had to take?

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
Can you guys believe how trashed I got with all of the points MacK n Landy scored this game and the shots I had to take?

Reminds me of the time I watched the Goonies and took a shot every time someone said "you guys".

I died of alcohol poisoning twice in the first 30 minutes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad