Confirmed with Link: Avs acquire Casey Mittelstadt for Bo Byram

GeoRox89

Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom
I was starting to feel like a crazy person. I have only ever seen YYYY-MM-DD used in my field of work.

This is incredibly inaccurate lol.

Edit:

And to weigh in on the logic behind which one is best, YYYY-MM-DD is the ISO standard because it is the only one that allows files to self-sort chronologically.
It’s incredibly hyperbolic for effect and not meant to be taken as a literal statement that you never see it. MM/DD is the most common and you will confuse people writing DD/MM. It’s also so common to use two digits for year that they had to warn people to put all 4 in 2020 but it has become more common now to see 4 digits after everyone got used to it

ISO standard definitely is used where that format is required and makes sense for document self sorting. I see a lot of manually dated documents and rarely see anything other than MM/DD/YY or MMM DD/YY (where the first one is the abbreviation instead of a number)

Reactions: CobraAcesS

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Mittelstadt was Buffalo's leading scorer despite 2way deployment. How is that a 3C?
Guy was also Buffalo’s #1 forward by almost a minute in even strength ice time per game. Almost a minute more than Alex Tuch at #2. Well over a minute more than Tage and over two minutes more than Cozens.

That’s not only not third line deployment, that’s top line deployment. Now talent-wise he's probably perceptively behind Tage and Cozens and one could definitely argue in the perfect Sabres world that never existed this season, he should've been #3 in terms of center depth but Tage and Cozens have been wildly inconsistent and ineffective at various points in the season and clearly, Sabres brass gravitated towards the consistent two-way effort of Mitts.

From Sabres fans in this thread.

"Oddly, Mitts was effectively the 3C in Buffalo, behind Tage Thompson and Dylan Cozens. Just like Bo was never going to get the top pairing opportunity in CO, neither was Mitts going to get a true 2C assignment in Buffalo."

"I think most of the fan base would like Kevyn to bring in a competent 3C vet on a short deal until someone pops out of Rochester."

"He was stuck with the leftovers for years in Buffalo. Tage got Tuch and Skinner which rolled for two years very well before injuries to Tage this year. Cozens got Quinn and Peterka when they came in and that worked out right away. Until…injuries to Quinn this year. Mitts got whatever was left over."

From the Sabres thread:

“If Mitts leaving leads to Krebs being thrust into 3C that's a problem.”

“the center depth question after this deal is more about Cozens and Thompson getting back to where they were last season and Krebs being able to step up as the 3C than anything else.”

replacing Mitts with Krebs doesn't do anything toward having a tougher or more physical playoff team.”

“But now we need to see him improve the margins of this roster and a more traditional 3C player this offseason”

“whatever Mitts would get contract wise from Adams would likely be way too much to pay a third line center, and is still too much to pay for a back-up top six center under the cap, regardless of how versatile the player is.”

“Our "3rd line" is the one that needs serious work now that Mitts is gone.”

Mitts rightly should be called a 2C now, but the point was it should also be ok for people to call Bo a top pair defenseman, when that's where he's playing. Mitts played some center in the top six, but played a lot of 3C and wing, while Bo also would get a bunch of shifts with Cale on the top pair pretty much every game. Now they're both full time in the bigger role. Very similar situations.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Wasn't until I started working for a company that was setup with a fiscal year that crosses calendar years (we operate July 1st - June 30th) that I learned the benefits of the Eurpoean YY/MM/DD naming convention. We save various snapshot reports and use the date they were generated as the file name. Having the year come first, allows the files to remain in chronological order when sorting by file name.

a mangy Meowth

Ross Colton Fan
Jun 21, 2012
Highlands Ranch, CO
From Sabres fans in this thread.
ok

Heater hocking.gif

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I’m sure it’s been mentioned before but on the previous week’s 32 Thoughts they interview Alex Tuch and Friedman notes beforehand this took place before the trade, because Tuch takes a moment to mention Mittelstadt and sing his praises. It starts in the final 10 minutes or so of the pod.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
I had set myself up for the disappointment of a Henrique level trade
I kind of had, too, because looking at our options it seemed like all of our choices were terrible. Henrique or Wennberg at 2C just flat out would not have been good enough in the playoffs, no matter how godlike Nate was. Still, to waste a performance like that with a giant black hole on our second line would have been unforgivable. CMac did some wizardry, though, and actually set us up with a guy who might get us all the way again.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
Byram should not be lumped in with Johansen.

He was trashed a lot this season, of course for a reason. He was not on the level we needed from him.

But yes no one's on the same level of badness as Johansen.

Let's say we miss Johansen, if that's better. I don't want to trash Byram more because I liked him and will never forget what he achieved with the Avalanche. His playoff performance will always stay in my mind.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
I'm sure the team is amped to have help. I also think it is important to recognize how drastic of difference the players are. We can dive into a bunch of different ways to look at it, but a simple comparison... and their Avs' impact:

Walker 51.06% xGF% / 62.6 GF%
Byram 47.96% xGF%/ 52.95 GF%

Mitts 57.44% xGF% / 100% GF%
RyJo 44.85% xGF% / 46.81 GF%

This is a drastic change in quality that shouldn't be underestimated.
Holy shit!! Mittelstadt's ex-GirlFriend and Girlfriend percentages are through the roofs!!!

BuffaloMango

Mar 14, 2023
Mittelstadt was Buffalo's leading scorer despite 2way deployment. How is that a 3C?

Meanwhile, I can totally concede that Byram is capable of playing high event top pairing minutes on a bad team. Just because he's playing there in Buffalo doesn't mean he's already playing at the level of a "top pairing cailber" defender with any regularity though. Let's be clear that those are two distinctly different things.

There is what the management viewed Casey as and what Casey was.

I have thought that Mitts was our best center since around the all star break of LAST season and definitely our best center this year. He also lead all centers in minutes and I believe forwards when you break it down to 5v5.

Management wants the top 6 to be centered by Thompson and Cozens even though Casey is better than both right now so they cleared the deck for them. Cozens seems to get a LOT of preferential treatment.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad