Post-Game Talk: Avs 6 - Jets 3, Avs win Series 4-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue Shakehead

because lol Jets
Mar 18, 2011
www.becauseloljets.com
Villardi was the weak link in this game. Both schief and kc I thought were respectable considering the train wreck the team was.
KFC and 55 were our best forwards in the playoffs, no question. The issue is Bones sticking with that line all year, over 10+ game stretches even when 81 and 13 were terrible. And the reason for that seems to be his lack of faith in 27 and 91.

So when Perfetti demands a trade or neither Ehlers or him want to sign long term, we shouldn't be surprised. On the other hand, Neal Pionk is a cartoon out there and he doesn't even miss a shift.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
KFC and 55 were our best forwards in the playoffs, no question. The issue is Bones sticking with that line all year, over 10+ game stretches even when 81 and 13 were terrible. And the reason for that seems to be his lack of faith in 27 and 91.

So when Perfetti demands a trade or neither Ehlers or him want to sign long term, we shouldn't be surprised. On the other hand, Neal Pionk is a cartoon out there and he doesn't even miss a shift.
I also think Lowry was up there. But that’s not your point. And I completely agree with your point.

Reactions: Blue Shakehead

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015

perfetti will be fine and honestly don't think trading ehlers would be for the worse

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
But not by deciding to pay Plinko $6 per season.

$12 million for Plinko and Schmidt. You have to search far and wide to find 2 defensemen on the same team that are so vastly overpaid.
That's the problem Chevy has he has to overpay to keep/get players to come to a Canadian small market.
I wish Stastny didn't convince Schmidt to come to Winnipeg.

Do or Die

Jun 28, 2011
Some Odds and Sods

Jets played hard.....but no trophies for that.
Their stars vs ours..........no contest.
Helly was victimized...but not enough stops.
D needs a overhauling/retooling/re-alignment.
Avs got people to the net....whenever they pleased.
Got killed on their screen shots and tip in's.
You can't have Pionk in your D top 4. Ever.
JM needs help.....another puck mover/PP guy would be nice.
We have 3-4 keepers on D.....indifferent to the rest
Not enough shots, and guys crashing their net.
Either find a proper fit for Nik.....or move him.
Overall, more speed, please......roster too slow.
Instead, of a young guy up, next year.....2 or 3.
Special teams, still a key weakness.
Coaching decisions became a weakness.
Ran out of gin, final weakness.

But the fine people on this board are a real strength, for this team. In fair weather or foul

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Ok i'm going to be the ass , i want a new coach next season and we need more speed on defense and forwards but that was not Vezina goaltending the entire series, Helly didn't play near well enough in this series. He's one of the best in the NHL and I'm sorry that play from him isn't acceptable.

Last edited:

The Panther

Mar 25, 2014
Tokyo, Japan
You might appreciate this Panther (nice to see you here btw).

Just rent Friday The 13th, Parts I through V.

We're up 7-4 in game 1, we cut off Pamela Voorhees head. "Phew, the worst is over..." Then Jason comes out of the water (7-6) to let us know that he's around.

And so and so forth, everyone gets slaughtered over the next 4 entries. Jason's too strong.

We didn't know it then, but Hellebuyck turned out to be Kevin Bacon getting his throat slit in the 2nd act of the first movie.
This is the best analysis of a playoff series I've seen yet...

Reactions: Ponds
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad