Post-Game Talk: Avs 5 - Jets 2, Series tied at 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ggg99

Sep 17, 2018
Guess I just don't think it's fair to peg his ceiling without having a chance. Sure odds aren't high but also hasn't really been given a chance.

Wasn't intended as a slight to LB by saying his ceiling is a very, very good starter. That is his ceiling at this point as I see it.

Maybe as you say his ceiling is higher and he hasn't reached it yet. But he's been in the league for 10 years, played on 3 different teams including 4 years in Edmonton who are always in search of a decent goalie and he's never been able to become a long term starter. So at age 31, I think many good hockey minds have assessed him and he is what he is.

Ggg99

Sep 17, 2018
Enough goalie talk. WTF is up with Pionk?!? Why isn't Perfetti dressing?!?
Is Ehlers scoring or swimming?!? Does KFC know where the boards are?!? Does Stanley need his skates sharpened?!? Is Toffoli playing?!? Who is this Gus guy scoring?!? I need a nap.

Inanna

Maybe this year...
Sponsor
Aug 29, 2022
No way you're under 30 if you're still on Facebook.
Still on FB at 26 because family and friends on the coast are still on it.

Interesting ... who is stocking who.:laugh:
When I put on my stalking stockings, you mean?

Now, back to the balcony, even if get a tan today also means get a coating of dust.

Last edited:

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
I've never been so tricked about thinking a puck went into the net as I was when Connor hit the post. Our whole section erupted and we were celebrating for a good 10 seconds until someone pointed out that the play was still going on. They never showed a replay in the building. From our perspective it looked like it did the centre post in and out rebound. I finally watched the replay the next morning. Of course the 2-2 goal was scored shortly after that. That game is completely different if it goes in and we're up 3-1 with the fans fired up.

Speaking of the fans, I'm all for the unique and creative costumes. I think what made the original whiteouts even more genuine and crazy was that almost no one was wearing a jersey. It was all hodge podged costumes thrown together. We were sitting behind 4 guys in painter suits with big frizzy white wigs. The problem was that one of these guys was REALLY big (probably 6'5) and his wig wasn't just high it was wide too. Usually you can look over either shoulder to get a look at the ice but with the wig I had about 40% of my view blocked when the puck was in our near end corner (attack zone). So folks, go all out, be creative and crazy but if you are a well above average guy then consider not creating a virtual wall for the fans behind you. That was where I missed my old seats in 318 row 12. I would just stand up all the time because no one was behind me. With the seats I had on Tuesday I couldn't do that or I would be the one blocking the view for others.

Praying for a miracle on Friday.

roccerfeller

jets bromantic
Sep 27, 2009
British Columbia
Why am I not surprised Bones is running back the exact same forward core for Friday. Going to live or die with his vets on line 2 it seems.

I think if we lose next game or no offence generated by that line again in game 3 then perfetti draws back in

Otherwise I can understand him wanting to stay w that line. They did perform well last time they were in Ball arena

I am happy to see the bottom D pair back as Schmidt and Snerg I always felt they were a solid pair this year

Avs top line is loaded up now that Nichushkin is back up top, so will need to defend very well against them on Friday.

Reactions: GNP

Thechozen1

Sep 8, 2021
Really need to start getting bodies and shots to the net. Create havoc there as I think Georgiev is prone to rebounds and flopping around in the crease. That’s a way to start creating some opportunities for lucky bounces. Other teams do it. Don’t understand why we can’t do it consistently.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Still on FB at 26 because family and friends on the coast are still on it.

When I put on my stalking stockings, you mean?

Now, back to the balcony, even if get a tan today also means get a coating of dust.
You should have tried golfing in that wind today. :laugh:

• Haha
Reactions: GNP and Gm0ney

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
Really need to start getting bodies and shots to the net. Create havoc there as I think Georgiev is prone to rebounds and flopping around in the crease. That’s a way to start creating some opportunities for lucky bounces. Other teams do it. Don’t understand why we can’t do it consistently.
First we need to get some controlled zone exits to get the puck into their end

Not sure if there is a site that tracks those (I'm sure there is) but to me that's been our biggest problem

But once we're in their end, I agree 100%

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills

I think this is a good idea. We need more quick decision making on the backend with Colorado's forecheck.

I would like to see Perfetti in but I'm not sure who comes out. The 2nd line needs a major fix and I'm not sure how to go about it. Toffoli has been a weak link but sitting him seems like a bad idea.

Reactions: Channelcat

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
First we need to get some controlled zone exits to get the puck into their end

Not sure if there is a site that tracks those (I'm sure there is) but to me that's been our biggest problem

But once we're in their end, I agree 100%
it's all manually tracked
uncontrolled means chip or dump-out. 1/4 of uncontrolled dzone exits end up w/ the same team (Jets) having the puck again.
from Garret Hohl

1714082180114.jpeg

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
The Jets zone exit plan seems to have devolved to lobs and long bombs that we HOPE will be tipped into the other teams end for us to then chase down and win back. But in the majority of cases are just turnovers in the neutral zone that give the other team possession. The number of times the D had time and space to do something else and chose this tactic was mind boggling (I'm looking at you Pionk).

Last edited:

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
The Jets zone exit planned seems to have devolved to lobs and long bombs that we HOPE will be tipped into the other teams end for us to then chase down and win back. But in the majority of cases are just turnovers in the neutral zone that give the other team possession. The number of times the D had time and space to do something else and chose this tactic was mind boggling (I'm looking at you Pionk).

I noticed this a lot as well last 2 games. It's almost like a panic move to try to alleviate pressure. Dallas did this a lot with Bones at the helm in their run to the finals as well. It worked for awhile until they ran into Tampa who could always roll the attack back into the zone quickly.

We need to abandon this tactic against the Avs, they are just two fast at counterattacking for it to work.

Inanna

Maybe this year...
Sponsor
Aug 29, 2022
You should have tried golfing in that wind today. :laugh:
I suck at golf. I also suck at mini-golf. But I do have a talent for suntanning, until the dust became ridiculous.

I can't imagine anyone wanting to play 18-holes in this afternoon's conditions, although I understand a golfer passionate for the game will play in all manner of adverse weather. Did you score well today?

Reactions: GNP and Jets 31

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
I think this is a good idea. We need more quick decision making on the backend with Colorado's forecheck.

I would like to see Perfetti in but I'm not sure who comes out. The 2nd line needs a major fix and I'm not sure how to go about it. Toffoli has been a weak link but sitting him seems like a bad idea.
Even as the #1Stan fanboy I also agree with this move. Getting Samberg on the left is a smart idea.

Reactions: Luc Labelle

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
I suck at golf. I also suck at mini-golf. But I do have a talent for suntanning, until the dust became ridiculous.

I can't imagine anyone wanting to play 18-holes in this afternoon's conditions, although I understand a golfer passionate for the game will play in all manner of adverse weather. Did you score well today?
Oh, what kind of talent do you need for suntanning?

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
I haven’t participated much in this thread, mostly because I though Helle played really well except for the big gaff and that’s the big topic.

Only a few things bother me after the loss.

One is the above I quoted. Why do we think that we are such unicorns that we don’t have to try to score greasy goals? Every successful playoff team is shooting as much as possible and creating havoc, looking for rebounds. So many times we have possession in the O zone and there is no one even near the net. How do they expect to score like that?

Two is the fact that we aren’t running all four lines. I’m perfectly happy with our fourth line (Barron or Gus) and this is one of the major things that got us here. I think they spend more time in the O zone than our first two lines and they work their asses off. Plus our top line would be fresher.

Third is a little too late, but why didn’t we try guys from the moose all season. I’m thinking specifically of Heinola. We need puck moving smart D. That’s exactly what he is, but he hasn’t played at this level all year so it’s too late. Just seems like it should have been an obvious strategy.

Quatro, why can’t this team play like they did at times in the regular season? Is it coaching or the players? Phases of the moon?

What do I know, I’m just a fan not an NHL coach. But I know what bothers me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad