Post-Game Talk: Avs 5 - Jets 2, Series tied at 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

roccerfeller

jets bromantic
Sep 27, 2009
British Columbia
Jets completely outclassed in these two games. Lucky to be tied really. This is the 2nd half Jets that were wildly inconsistent and completely bought-out of whatever they were buying into in the first half of the season.

And when Hellebuyck starts flubbing the puck into automatic goals against, you might as well start booking tee times...

Just wasn’t out night

Also discredits the excellent puck pressure and skill that Avs had on us all night

Just gotta hope we can win in their barn and make this a series

Reactions: Jets 31

johnnyonthspot

Apr 1, 2012
lol... colorado went full run and gun with a goaltender that wasn't giving them saves and they gave up a crap ton of chances, I just don't understand why you even bother to watch jets games.... just full doom and gloom no matter what you are looking to say "I told you so" again, I hope I don't see you cheering if the jets win this series... but more likely uou will probably start crying how the jets won't win the next series if they play like they did against colorado
Yup just call me doom'n'gloom
I unfortunately cannot seem to get past the fact I do not think this team is as good as their record but most importantly they are not built to win in the playoffs. I hope they prove me wrong and one day we can meet at Portage and Main for a cup celebration.

WPGChief

May 25, 2017
Winnipeg
jetsnation.ca
think you completely lost the plot if you are trying to blame the second lines offense on the lack of offense from the 1st line...
I'm certainly not blaming the second line's offence on the first line's lack thereof. I'm just pointing out that in order to limit the bleeding caused by having 81-55-13 together (by putting them with 5-4 (which honestly is a mistake, IMO)) and putting your strongest pairing in 44-2 with 62-17-22 to matchup against MacKinnon, you're left with that line being paired with Stanley (who was pretty much just a hitting machine tonight) and Samberg on his offhand.

And then if the puck gets frozen in the OZ, Bowness just throws out his top line instead, or the Lowry line if COL puts out MacKinnon instead - leaving them with only two faceoffs in the offensive zone the entire night? Do we really think Ehlers can make up for the other four players on the ice lack of ability to transition the puck through two bluelines?

Obviously, they didn't create much chances for themselves, either - all I'm saying is that their deployment isn't really ideal. They have no rhythm or flow.

jetsfan15

Jul 17, 2016
I agree they will start Helly but what if he is less than average in game 3? I know it his 99.9% unlikely they would start Brosoit but part of me wants to see what would happen if they did.
To me I think we got outplayed in both games. Colorado should be up 2-0. So I think the focus should be elsewhere than in net — Perfetti, Miller, for instance.

jetsfan15

Jul 17, 2016
Curious to know:

We played very well in Colorado in the regular season. Who performs better analytically speaking against the Mackinnon line: the Scheifele line or the Lowry line?
(I am actually asking, I don’t know the answer)

Reactions: Ponds

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
People really trying to hone in on one thing that will fix all our problems. It's not Hellebuyck. It's not playing at home. The team has been severely outplayed in both games.
I think Georgiev’s performance (or lack there of) in Game 1 masked a lot of the issues in game one.

Hopefully Bones has some answers because we aren’t gonna win the series playing like this.

Last edited:

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
I'm certainly not blaming the second line's offence on the first line's lack thereof. I'm just pointing out that in order to limit the bleeding caused by having 81-55-13 together (by putting them with 5-4 (which honestly is a mistake, IMO)) and putting your strongest pairing in 44-2 with 62-17-22 to matchup against MacKinnon, you're left with that line being paired with Stanley (who was pretty much just a hitting machine tonight) and Samberg on his offhand.

And then if the puck gets frozen in the OZ, Bowness just throws out his top line instead, or the Lowry line if COL puts out MacKinnon instead - leaving them with only two faceoffs in the offensive zone the entire night? Do we really think Ehlers can make up for the other four players on the ice lack of ability to transition the puck through two bluelines?

Obviously, they didn't create much chances for themselves, either - all I'm saying is that their deployment isn't really ideal. They have no rhythm or flow.
if he is the the top 10 winger people on here act as if he is then yes, I expect him to be able to win his match up against the avs bottom six no matter what

1st line was the only line to win their match ups game 1 as well...

Reactions: KingBogo

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
Jets had a very good stretch but for the majority of the game the avalanche were forechecking effectively and killing the jets speed. As the game went on the jets looked slow. This was probably their A game and would say this was our B game at best. Horrific goaltending from hellebuyck. He's supposed to be the best player on the team and if he's bad the jets have no chance. Avs have serious firepower.

Reactions: johnnyonthspot

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Most goals against in back to back games all season. Not a good sign. Heading to Colorado and the Avs now believe they can score.

7-0 game seems like a mirage.

Bowness better get this team back to D first and always or it will be a short series.

ThinIce61

Jul 11, 2018

Those are some pretty ugly gamescores.

I only know how to read final scores so does this mean best player at the top and worst at the bottom? If t hats the case we aren't winning this series if Gus is the best player on the ice and the names at the bottom stay at the bottom.

• Haha
Reactions: johnnyonthspot

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
I agree they will start Helly but what if he is less than average in game 3? I know it his 99.9% unlikely they would start Brossoit but part of me wants to see what would happen if they did.
I would have to agree with this. Helle has not shown he can play well in playoff games at all, so why not start Brossoit ? I like the idea. In my opinion, Helle let in 2 very soft goals, one off the faceoff, and went right thru his pads, and the other he got caught coming out of his net, which he's not very good at.

The other thing I'd change is I'd play Perfetti, over Toffoli. Just by recent memory, Cole has been scoring quite regularly over the last 6-8 games he's played, and I'd say he's been quite hot. Why not play him, as Toffoli looked quite invisible tonight.

Also Ehlers has to step up his intensity a lot. He just looked like a regular player out there, and not driving the play like he usually does. I think it's critically important for Ehlers to step up his play, if we're going to win this series. He's a key guy for us.

Last edited:

ThinIce61

Jul 11, 2018
The Charles Manson goal was a real killer. 6 goals against then 4. If Helle gives up 2 next game maybe we win. Need to steal one in Colorado and then win game 5 here. If we get to a game 6 but are down 3-2 I think the fat lady will be singing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad